VN - Ren'Py - It Could Be Worse! [2.4.2] [eHellJay]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Bigsy1

This is a really nice cheating wife story. if you're into those type of stories. If not than this is not the game for you and you will not enjoy it so just don't bother. The art is nice and the FMC is really pretty in my opinion. There are several paths and you can choose the FMC destiny which I like. The textbox format is a bit annoying but it's easy to fix if you want. Again, those who like this kind of stories - give a go at it.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

desmosome

[2.4.1b]

Pretty good NTR story mostly from female POV.

The writing is pretty good, especially the sex scene narration. There are 3 main routes, each with a different antagonist. Each antagonist also seems to have a few subroutes for slightly different flavors.

The main thing to note about this game is that this keeps things a bit more halal than most NTR stories. This is mostly seduction/cheating driven rather than corruption/coercion. The seduction style NTR is much less common than the corruption type, so it does stand out a bit from the usual.

A few minor negatives would be occasional typos/grammatical mistakes, low render to text ratio, and some inconsistencies in the routes/pathing.

Overall, it's a pretty well written cheating story.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

faptainsmutlord

"It Could Be Worse!" is a very standard, cookie-cutter cheating game with one novel aspect.

Let's start with the standout:
    - The tracker with percentages showing which path you're on and who you're leaning more towards is great. It's an excellent way to be transparent with the player and allow them to make better choices without needing someone to create a walkthrough mod.
    - The initial premise and build up to the first sex scene with Thomas was excellent, in my opinion. It was great for building up anticipation and setting the tone, with a nice payoff.

However, that is where my praises for the game end. Beyond that point, the game starts to devolve into a very standard "choose to side with your fiance over his colleague" type of game.
    - She gets to flirt with a few other characters too, but that's about it.
    - Going on certain routes just leads to more flirting, and more "oh let me play coy" moments when she has already crossed the line.

While I think build up is usually great in a cheating game, I think it loses its effectiveness AFTER the first cheating scene has been seen. You've taken a bite of the forbidden fruit, now what? You could go back to teasing and flirting with people but that's boring now.

As such, I feel that the game would benefit more from the creator adding more sex scenes and instead leaning into giving choices/introducing other minor kinks. Maybe she could choose to lead on two guys at once, ending in a threesome. Maybe she could try anal with one of the guys despite refusing to do so with Fabio in the past, etc.

Alternatively, the creator could start working on endings, to avoid overcomplicating the game and to wrap it up nicely while giving it a fair bit of replay value due to the different paths he has already alluded to through the in-game tracker.

All in all, I think it's a fun game right now but I'd hate to see it end up as "just another bog-standard cheating game". It could be worse, yeah but it could also be better - hence the 3/5 score.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Ilcoriglianese forte

a game too banal and simple to understand, nothing new, a confident husband, and the usual wife ready to be a slut, or on her first holiday with younger guys, ruin her marriage. It's now a standard, couples married for years who destroy each other because the wife prefers to have a thousand younger and bigger cocks, another slap in the face of morality. disappointing, non-existent plot.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Dustbuster

There are two main points that simply sink this game and its the same issue's i have with this devs other game Think Twice.
    Firstly is the frustrating terrible writing. With the vocabulary used you can see it's a mature adult developing the game but then the way his protagonists emotions are described it's like a child's understanding of adult relations.
    You introduce them as a LOVING married or engaged couple then from the get go have her swooning and ready to drop her panties at the first kind word or compliment from another male. Nobody with half a working brain is going to put his partner that he LOVES up in an dumbass bet, nor just sit by and let another man attempt to seduce her. No woman who loves and respects her partner is going to allow a bunch of random males to paw at her or make out at the drop of a pin. This is how you write your supposed loving couples. Bad relations exist, constant hitting on and heavy seduction attempts over LONG periods of time can and do tempt partners to stray. That's not the way you write at all. The way your characters are written there is nothing loving or respectful about it. The way they behave is people who have already checked out of there existing relation and well on the way to finding their next partner.
    Secondly Is the misleading and dishonest explanations of the games. You describe them and introduce in the beginning of them as a " Other men are interested in your partner so be careful with your choices or they may be stolen away" type game. Kudo's, I've played a fair few like that and enjoyed them. In some I was a bit too much a dickhead/playboy and lost my LI. shit happens. Others i've done write and kept the LI interested in me only. It's a good challenge. This and your other game are not this type of game.
    There's only one way your games end and that's being straight cheated on, cuckolded or left for another despite the so called "choices". Just be honest and call your games what they are. Enough said. 2 star at best and I feel that's being generous.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

aly237204

the title follows the game to the letter, in fact I think you couldn't do worse than this, you have no understanding of the game, piloted answers, usual slutty wife, usually incomplete and non-existent husband. passive play
  7. 4.00 star(s)

oszapo25

It's a great and beautiful game of the cheating category.
    1. The plot is really good, but call me your attention to a more realistic psychological motivatin character of the decisions of FC: 1. the MC is more or less is an alcohol addict, as he ends any of the parties in delirium. The main characteristic of alcoholists are a special type of roleplaying, as there is an "enemy" (Thomas), and he is the sacrifice, or a fall guy of him, and there is a sucker (the FC). This is why, I think, that it is important to laid a bit more emphasize on this, by one or two words in the game. At the beginning of the game ,the FC sense unconsciously her taken for suckers, and at the and she would became conscious of it.
    2. I hope, that the next mourning, in the second part, the FC would confront Fabio with the night's events, and for Fabio would become clear some of his indistinct images of his sleeping. As a therapist, she would help Fabio to begin to throw off his alcoholism, by her colleague.
    3. Technically it is a nice game, with georgious characters. I miss the moving elements as from the sx scenes, as even from the seducing part of it. I agree with the suggestion to complete the game with a lustmeter of Thomas and of the FC too, to make a bit easier to make a choice among their answer.
    I wish a good luck for the next part of the game.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

lok34

Critique - v.1.1.0

This game would have gotten 3 stars but unfortunately I wasn't able to get the cheating outcome after a few tries.

The English is pretty good for a non native speaker but it isn't perfect, this is what resulted in me not being able to get further than the kiss in the secluded area.

To compensate for this they could have put the choices in descending order from most faithful to most unfaithful. So even if the English wasn't perfect you'd know what answer to choose to get the desired outcome.

I hope for future games they pay a few bucks for a proof reader or use some kind of logic when arranging the order of the choices.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

JesterAI

AMAZING environment and setting. Super sexy wife, erotic tension was built wonderfully to my taste.

I wish more games would be as hot as this one- so many of the adultery-themed games skip the tension altogether and it's just lame smut without the tension.

The only criticism I'd offer is that while some mystery in dialog choices is fine, I think it is important that for the most part, the player feels like what they are choosing will help move the story along in a way they expect. Sometimes I felt like I had no idea what the dialog would mean in the game, especially once I figured out I had missed the scene I was trying to go for.

I should be able to intuit where the choices will take me, with room for some surprises, of course. It shouldn't turn into a meta guessing game.

But I look forward to seeing more from this developer, it is really one of the few super sexy games on the site to me!
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Smylex

Fell for the score and the hype in the comments, but the game is meh at best.
    And the one 18+ scene is hidden away behind who knows what combination of answers so ended up checking the jpgs in the game folder.....
    Better luck next time.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

Just got finished playing with this game and must say I loved it...
    Not too fast in getting to the point, wife beautiful and innocent looking, lots of choices to chose from, the graphics where great, and also the surrounding scenes.
    Also the pace reminds me of "helping out the neighbor", not too fast, but getting to the Point at the end.
    Wish there where more games like this out there like this, that would get my support for sure.
    Great Job
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Losersriot

Dear Dev! You gave me the best gaming experience in the last year of my life! Your game is great! Perfectly beautiful and correct proportions of the faces and bodies of the characters. Perfect light and shadow in the scene. It's a great find to show two frames in one scene. Amazing, rich selection system. Thanks to this system, you feel like the main character, you get used to the role! The dialogues are masterfully written! There is only one drawback. The game is too short!

To date, this is the best game on this site. Don't pay attention to the guys who climb to play women's games. Don't listen to their whining about lesbianism and NTR. They have nothing to do with women's topics at all.

I wish you new creative achievements. You're the best.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Trash_Panda

I guess this game could be worse!
    Im all for a beautiful female protag that cheats on her dumb husband, but scene quality and unnecessarily placed choices impacting the quality a lot. Lets just hope dev dont give up and keep working on this game, because idea is good and we lack of it a lot in this forum.