Daz Items appearing in a Category without me adding them there. What's going on?

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
I've been doing some house cleaning in my Daz Library, and based on my usages, I decided to create some Categories to help speed up my work.

One of these categories is called "Makeup". As you can see in the image below, this category for now only has 2 products in it.

1624662982698.png

However, for some reason, if I open this category there are a bunch of other products appearing with it, and the culprit is the "Z Vanity Corner" product.
For some reason it is bringing some other "Z ... ... ..." products along to the ride.

1624663358862.png

In this screenshot, only the first product was supposed to be showing up.

I was wondering how I can fix this issue.

Any kind of assistance would be appreciated.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
the only way to do this is not use smart content and to not use DAZ Install Manager to install

you would have start from scratch so those item won't use smart content

but this will make it more difficult

say that you make a folder adult it will show

data
people
runtime

at all time but for those folder not to show is to add adult folder into the content manager in daz settings

as long as they are in smart content daz will automatically organize those item in smart content

I hope I make sense on this

Reactions: Sakrilas

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
the only way to do this is not use smart content and to not use DAZ Install Manager to install

you would have start from scratch so those item won't use smart content

but this will make it more difficult

say that you make a folder adult it will show

data
people
runtime

at all time but for those folder not to show is to add adult folder into the content manager in daz settings

as long as they are in smart content daz will automatically organize those item in smart content

I hope I make sense on this
Ah, that's a pity...

I had hopes I would be able to solve this while still keeping Smart Content.

I've been hacking at it for a bit today. I tried different things, for example, I noticed that the smart content metadata of the "vanity corner" has tags with the names of the products that were showing up without my consent.

1624665410701.png

I'm thinking this has to be related to the problem.
But I deleted those tags, hoping I had the solution, but sadly that still didn't fix it.
I continued experimenting with the metadata, but no luck.

EDIT:

WAIT! IT WORKED!

I removed the ZeddicusStore.dsa entirely from the product and now the category is working perfectly! Removing the tags is not enough, sadly.

If anyone has this problem, just right click on the problematic product, go to "Edit Metadata" and just completely remove the "store" script. It's not needed for you to enjoy the product anyway.

Last edited:

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
EDIT:

WAIT! IT WORKED!

I removed the ZeddicusStore.dsa entirely from the product and now the category is working perfectly! Removing the tags is not enough, sadly.

If anyone has this problem, just right click on the problematic product, go to "Edit Metadata" and just completely remove the "store" script. It's not needed for you to enjoy the product anyway.
but the thing is are you willing to do this every time you bought or download a new item?
I knew about that but...

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
but the thing is are you willing to do this every time you bought or download a new item?
I knew about that but...
It doesn't seem to be happening often though, today I categorized a bit over 20 products, and only the "Vanity Room" caused this issue of bringing more products to the category.

And, once I "fixed" it, it seems like it has remained fixed even after installing new products.

This is all relatively new to me, so I could very well be wrong, but at the moment it does seem pretty maintainable.

Reactions: rayminator