Jack-o-nine-tails KorGE remake

chopeks

Jul 24, 2018
Yep, I know, yet another remake attempt :)

It started as a weekend project some time ago to try KorGE capabilities, but I think it has the potential to be finished one day.
Here's my plan:
0. Write UI framework (this is almost done, minor stuff is missing)
1. Port current game to a new engine. I'm using 1.8 HF sources. (this is slowly going forward... really slow...)
2. Probably will try to catch up with the newest version when 0 and 1 are done.
3. ???

Probably later will rework the battle system (which is terrible IMO) and add some QoL stuff. As it's technically possible to build for Android/iOS, that's not my priority atm. (as the game itself have a lot of tooltips on hover, so my guess is, that for an experienced player it doesn't matter, but newbs will be confused at least). But it should work just fine on any OS that has java installed. OpenJDK should do just fine for Linux/macOS.

For now just Sandbox Game button in main menu works.

As for image packs... In the current state, it works with 2.0 and 2.1 packs, 1.8/1.7.5 should do too. New icons I've added are embedded in .jar file until the 'final' release. Just place .jar in the same directory as current .qsp resides.

Repository:
Here's current state executable (0.2.0):

Note: I'm not an artist at all, all I know about is coding, don't expect big UI overhauls from me.

Last edited:

chopeks

Jul 24, 2018
Updated main post with newest build. tl;dr changelog:
Non npc related part of the city is working, buying slaves, items, tattoos etc is working.

KINGOAL

Apr 22, 2019
Good luck. And this remake just change the engine it runs and will not have large changes right?