Mod QSP Jack-o-nine-tails: the Moo Mod [Incorporated in the main game]

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
cover.png

Overview:
The main goal of this mod is to improve the "cow part" of the barn. Slaves now have to be accustomed to their new life (without breaking their mind) before joining the barn, thanks to a new skill. Milking is now manual, and the lactation of a slave depends of many factors, including your capacity to impregnate her. The milk production can be sold to a cooperative at a varying price, and cows themselves can be sold to the farm, allowing you to make profits even with less-gifted slaves.​

Updated: -
Game/Creator: Original game by Oldhuntsman - see to check other developers
Modder: Pianocat
Mod Version: 1.0
Game Version: 1.7.6
Language: English

A LOTS of files are modified by this mod, therefore it's not compatible with anything else than the 1.7.5 or 1.7.6 versions of Jack-o-nine-tails.

This release is mainly to hunt bugs and spelling mistakes. The final purpose of this mod would be to be merged with the 2.0, once it's a bit more polished.
No major bugs are expected (but who knows ?), but minor ones are inevitable. Also, I'm not an english native speaker, so language level of the texts is rather low . Any help is appreciated !

I will add some gameplay tips soon.

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
IMPORTANT: the mod should be save game compatible, but when loading a game, pass a night by clicking "Refresh Database", in the upper bar.

Change-Log
:

Download:

Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard02.jpg Clipboard03.jpg

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
English isn't my native language, but I can try helping to improve the sentences you find to be the weakest. And maybe if there are other people on this thread they'll be able to contribute too!

Above all, congratulations! And thank you for your work. :) It looks like a very thorough improvement. (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pianocat

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
Thanks ! It was a lot of work, but there is still a lot to do before implementing it into a global new version: it do needs some balancing I think.

Zarl

Dec 10, 2017
Looks like a nice mod. i'm not a native English speaker but it's as if. I could probably help with grammar and syntax if you need help. I must say i have absolutely no base in programming.

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
Thx :) Currently I'm working on implementing the mod in the 2.1, 'cause I think almost all players are on it, rather than on the 1.7.x
Perhaps I will extract the texts, and give them for correction... I tried to keep a correct english by using differents tools, but it cannot replace a more "eleveted language". Perhaps I can divide the work and send you a part: there is not so much lines, far from it!

Reactions: Storm4n

Zarl

Dec 10, 2017
Thx :) Currently I'm working on implementing the mod in the 2.1, 'cause I think almost all players are on it, rather than on the 1.7.x
Perhaps I will extract the texts, and give them for correction... I tried to keep a correct english by using differents tools, but it cannot replace a more "eleveted language". Perhaps I can divide the work and send you a part: there is not so much lines, far from it!
Yeah, i went and played around in the mod. The English is not bad really, it just requires some minor tweaks.
It's nothing compared to those machine translated russian/japanese games.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Yeah, i went and played around in the mod. The English is not bad really, it just requires some minor tweaks.
Beware though, the pronoun "I" is always capitalized. (y)

Reactions: Zarl

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
Nice, i will send you a part of the text, if you can review it quickly, it would be great, if you're okay ? :) Qwerty I hesitate to ask you, 'cause you're already busy with other parts of the game ?

Oh, and Zarl, if you have suggestions to improve the barn stuff feel free to share^^

Reactions: Zarl

Zarl

Dec 10, 2017
Nice, i will send you a part of the text, if you can review it quickly, it would be great, if you're okay ? :) Qwerty I hesitate to ask you, 'cause you're already busy with other parts of the game ?

Oh, and Zarl, if you have suggestions to improve the barn stuff feel free to share^^
Yeah Perfect! I can take care of it.

Beware though, the pronoun "I" is always capitalized. (y)
I know, that's a problem i have right now. I am learning german and the way they use capitalization is messing with my ''I''. :p

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
Here it is, half of the work, or a bit less perhaps :

Don't hesitate to rework a sentence if it's a bit clumsy ;)

Zarl

Dec 10, 2017
Here it is, half of the work, or a bit less perhaps :

Don't hesitate to rework a sentence if it's a bit clumsy ;)
There you go, first revision. Don't hesitate to tell me if there's some problems.
I did a wide sweep right away, i'll do a deeper check-up during the weekend, not sure when exactly tho.

PS.: line 20 -3 in the text correction note file should read ''is complete'' not ''if completed''

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017

Remove the spaces before ":" and "!" (you did on some, but not all).

Replace - by — and remove the space before and after, following that guideline:

And then I think it's good to go :)

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
There you go, first revision. Don't hesitate to tell me if there's some problems.
I did a wide sweep right away, i'll do a deeper check-up during the weekend, not sure when exactly tho.

PS.: line 20 -3 in the text correction note file should read ''is complete'' not ''if completed''
Thank you, I will check your corrections !
(Done, that's perfect :) )

Remove the spaces before ":" and "!" (you did on some, but not all).

Replace - by — and remove the space before and after, following that guideline:

And then I think it's good to go :)
Oh yeah, I'm still uncomfortable with english punctuation, I will take a look, thank you ;)

Last edited:

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
Hmm, it's terribly difficult to implement :unsure: I mean, it would requires a lot of graphical change to depict it, and it would be a big problem after nine months^^'