qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
The thing is, I NEVER accepted the quest in the first time, nor even met the NPC.

I'm far from the reputation goal, just trained a couple of slaves since the start, and did two of the four special quest (arena champion for ring, and leviathan fiend for crown) and both worked well.

Any thing I tried didn't work, but I expect the removal of the << bracket in the file code was what affected the snake talisman; though I can't test it right away as with this change, my save won't load anymore, though I can start a new brand and fresh game.

I'll try to reach that point again, and test this theory.

Thanks though !
Once you've tested your theory, if you think there's a problem that should be bug-fixed for the upcoming 2.0 version, write it here in a synthesized way, so PowerairMax can work on it ;) (I'll transmit the message directly to him)

crypticjaguar

Feb 25, 2019
Okay so I was wondering, how do you Encourage a strong sense of loyalty in a slave? I searched around and couldn't find a solid answer.

Azraeth

Oct 16, 2018
Loyalty = devotion, if I'm not wrong.

So, when you did build her obedience to max, remove fear/despair, and be carefull about not spoiling her, she should slowly get devoted to you.

You can check that by casting an Aupex spell on her, devotion is the last line.

Also, I started a new game, I did the first two items, and I will work toward making a race oriented girl to test my theory about the snake talisman, I should be done a little later today.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Okay so I was wondering, how do you Encourage a strong sense of loyalty in a slave? I searched around and couldn't find a solid answer.
Taming + good mood are amazing to build devotion.
For taming, I buy her pony clothes.
For good mood, I make her drink Fiend cum after having got her to have the fiend's tatoo.
Never forget to explain her situation 3 times when you got her, and you should be good to go with any slaves. ;)

Azraeth

Oct 16, 2018
Once you've tested your theory, if you think there's a problem that should be bug-fixed for the upcoming 2.0 version, write it here in a synthesized way, so PowerairMax can work on it ;) (I'll transmit the message directly to him)
Annnnnnd done !

It does work.

So. As quoted a few pages back in the repertoried bug list :

Refer to location #dynamic, line 1497. There are two extraneous "<<" in the code that should be removed. I don't know their possible effects but they'll probably generate bugs involving the Snake Amulet. Please remove them as a precaution.
BUT.

The thing is, for reason I don't understand, saves are incompatible both with different versions (can't export save to 1.7.5; it just won't load), and can't use saves in a game whose Jack.qsp you did edit for some reason, EVEN if like above, just pulling out those <<.

So, the best way to correct it is to change the code, THEN start a game.

I don't know if there's a way to correct the saves so they can work if you edit the qsp during your playthrough like I did.

But hey ! At least, it works, right?

Reactions: qwertyu12359

highlander00

May 15, 2017
Annnnnnd done !

It does work.

So. As quoted a few pages back in the repertoried bug list :

BUT.

The thing is, for reason I don't understand, saves are incompatible both with different versions (can't export save to 1.7.5; it just won't load), and can't use saves in a game whose Jack.qsp you did edit for some reason, EVEN if like above, just pulling out those <<.

So, the best way to correct it is to change the code, THEN start a game.

I don't know if there's a way to correct the saves so they can work if you edit the qsp during your playthrough like I did.

But hey ! At least, it works, right?
There's an option on the game tab, "Ignore version check when loading", make sure it's checked, then you'll be able to load a save from before you edited the .qsp file. I've even installed everything again because of the same problem you had, then I've remembered that I had to do this from another qsp game!

Azraeth

Oct 16, 2018
There's an option on the game tab, "Ignore version check when loading", make sure it's checked, then you'll be able to load a save from before you edited the .qsp file. I've even installed everything again because of the same problem you had, then I've remembered that I had to do this from another qsp game!
Holy coconut.

I just noticed that, and it does sounds like it would work...

Oh well, thanks a lot !
(In the end, I didn't lose that much time, and if it can help correcting the bug, it's not bad either. I'll be sure to remember about this trick though, if something else bad were to happen!)

Reactions: highlander00

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
Welp, it has been said previously, but I have some issues to finish two of the special quests.

After looking back a little in the thread, I found the issue is probably Felicity quest.

To counter that, I tried import my save in 1.7.5 (Im' playing in 1.8 patched over 1.7.5), but the save just won't load.
I tried used the online save editor to either add the item in, or switch the Felicity quest off, but no can do.
I tried used the SQP editor, and try to alter Spectre quest fail condition (maybe I did it wrong) but, no can do, and save won't even load in 1.8 anymore.

It's not like I CAN'T play without those two items, but it feels sad to pass on them...

Any other ideas maybe?

Thanks !
The advice ya gets for completing Felicity's quest is okay but it ain't complete. This ain't from me but I gots this through PM from another site. I just fixed them formatting coz it looked way nicer in PM with pictures and stuff.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Azraeth

Oct 16, 2018
The advice ya gets for completing Felicity's quest is okay but it ain't complete. This ain't from me but I gots this through PM from another site. I just fixed them formatting coz it looked way nicer in PM with pictures and stuff.

Thanks for the tips; but in the end, the problem wasn't about Felicity/Spectre quest at all, and just a small error in the code itself.

That will help for when I want to try this quest (if I ever want to :p) though, so thanks !

Last edited:
Reactions: ryouG

AinzTilly

Aug 3, 2019
First of all thanks a lot for keeping this mod alive. Looking forward to your release.

I have a question. I'm still not that far into the game and I want to complete the Felicity quest if I reach that. I'm getting conflicting advice. Should I follow the guide from powerairmax or ryoug?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
First of all thanks a lot for keeping this mod alive. Looking forward to your release.

I have a question. I'm still not that far into the game and I want to complete the Felicity quest if I reach that. I'm getting conflicting advice. Should I follow the guide from powerairmax or ryoug?
Powerairmax is this game's developer. So, if in doubt, follow his advice.
However, I don't see any direct contradiction between their two posts, concerning Felicity quest. Although I didn't look extensively, my instinct tell me both these guides should be fine.

Reactions: AinzTilly

AinzTilly

Aug 3, 2019
Powerairmax is this game's developer. So, if in doubt, follow his advice.
However, I don't see any direct contradiction between their two posts, concerning Felicity quest. Although I didn't look extensively, my instinct tell me both these guides should be fine.
Thanks! I just noticed the 120 day time limit from ryoug's post that wasn't mentioned in PAM's post. That bothered me because I take my sweet time training them. I followed someone else's advice somewhere to rotate cryo-gladiatrices. It worked so I don't have problems with cash and I can concentrate training S+.

What about the equipment images? Is that in the works? Okay for me whatever you guys release. Ages since jack-o-nine-tails released any kind of mod for that matter so I'll appreciate anything.

EDIT: Powerairmax or PAM is the same guy from HongFire right? He's right there from the start with beaver14.

Last edited:
Reactions: StJesuz

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
What about the equipment images? Is that in the works? Okay for me whatever you guys release. Ages since jack-o-nine-tails released any kind of mod for that matter so I'll appreciate anything.

EDIT: Powerairmax or PAM is the same guy from HongFire right? He's right there from the start with beaver14.
Thank you for the support. :)

We've not changed any pictures concerning the equipment, if you're reffering to the "Item" folder. What picture there would need rework in your opinion?

What we are replacing/adding are the pictures in:
  1. bg (the backgrounds)
  2. characters (just some of them...)
  3. girls (full/scene/sex/torture)
  4. scene
We've also added some pictures here and there (in the main menu, as well the new UI being made). I didn't count, but we're well over 1000 new pictures. And aside from that, the musics.

PS: Yes, that's him. ;)

• Love
Reactions: ordos and AinzTilly

AinzTilly

Aug 3, 2019
Thank you for the support. :)
You should be supported. Checked out the old HongFire thread? Lots of guys trying to make a mod then give up after a few months. And they don't have to deal with moderators threatening to yank your entire project off the site and all sorts of flaky characters.

We've not changed any pictures concerning the equipment, if you're reffering to the "Item" folder. What picture there would need rework in your opinion?
Was referring to the mp4 attached to this post. closet overflow.

In jack-o-nine-tails once you purchase equipment (armors, weapons, clothes...) you can no longer see their pictures. You can only see them in the store. Or I think that's the case. Maybe there's a button that I need to click so the pictures show up in the equipment screen? Mp4 also shows help screen showing descriptions of clothes and for weapons and armor show detailed stats that you only see in the wiki.

What we are replacing/adding are the pictures in:
  1. bg (the backgrounds)
  2. characters (just some of them...)
  3. girls (full/scene/sex/torture)
  4. scene
We've also added some pictures here and there (in the main menu, as well the new UI being made). I didn't count, but we're well over 1000 new pictures. And aside from that, the musics.
Aren't you guys going to have problems with the json files? If you did those manually holy shit you guys are hardcore masochists! :eek:

Kidding aside that's terrific. Read somewhere along this thread that they're going to be PNGs. That true? The old gifs look dated and some are ugly. Mixed and matched 2Ds and 3Ds look really off.

PS: Yes, that's him. ;)
That's a relief. It's a good thing you have a pro programmer on your side. I was worried because 1.7.4 by FrobozzDaMad and 1.7.6 by DarkHelmet have fatal bugs.

edit: You guys are also going to improve the UI and music? Is that part of your upcoming release or is that a future project? I thought they were already pretty decent. Terrific if you guys can make them even better.

more edits: If not mistaken it was beaver14 who came up with using json so non-programmers can mix and match images on their own. But really tough manual labor if you have more than a few pictures. And with mistakes you'll get blank images in the game.

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
You should be supported. Checked out the old HongFire thread? Lots of guys trying to make a mod then give up after a few months. And they don't have to deal with moderators threatening to yank your entire project off the site and all sorts of flaky characters.
Indeed, that moderation threat happened and nearly killed us... But we're still there. :)

I'm about to finish my part of the job. I originally planned to have 1000 pictures more for girls/scenes picture, (= 1 picture for each air color, and for each of the 3 age categories). However, that's non viable for the release to be out in late-September as I'd like (that doesn't depend on me however, I'll keep you all up-to-date).

Right now, I'm restoring all the pictures that were deleted in the process of removing the bad pictures, and I'm replacing them with better ones. I have 129 pictures left to do, and I do minimum 10 per days (it includes photoshoping out the watermarks manually, changing some of the hair colors, uncensoring some, etc.). I'll tackle the other 1000-ish pictures for a 2.1 version, maybe.

If I ever work on 2.1 — with 2.0 being out as a proof that something was actually achieved — I'll let an address available for personal donations in the forms of tips. I don't know how yet, as I assume Patreon is off the table ^^

Was referring to the mp4 attached to this post. closet overflow.

In jack-o-nine-tails once you purchase equipment (armors, weapons, clothes...) you can no longer see their pictures. You can only see them in the store. Or I think that's the case. Maybe there's a button that I need to click so the pictures show up in the equipment screen? Mp4 also shows help screen showing descriptions of clothes and for weapons and armor show detailed stats that you only see in the wiki.
Today, Powerairmax said: "I may have an idea", concerning the "equipment being too many causing clustering" bug.
For what you mentioned after, I don't think we've addressed that yet. I'll mention it to PAM eventually.

Read somewhere along this thread that they're going to be PNGs. That true? The old gifs look dated and some are ugly. Mixed and matched 2Ds and 3Ds look really off.
I removed the bad 3D loops. Only some of it is left, the ones that didn't have the uncanny valley look. They won't be animated anymore, as they are all in PNG now.
Sadly, I was almost done with 3 months of work on the sex folder, adding GIF files, when we decided to change the format to PNG. It means most of the pictures will be compressed. But at at least the art should be amongst the best of its kind (according to the hair color and the age of the girl), and more importantly, it'll be fully uncensored.
And ~400 nearly uncompressed PNG added this past month look amazingly sharp.

You guys are also going to improve the UI and music? I thought they were already pretty decent. Terrific if you guys can make them even better.
Powerairmax makes the UI. St. Jezus and I are giving input and feedback. It's still ongoing, be sure it will be drastic!
I did the music choices and PAM as well as St. Jezus gave their input and feedback. It was done through intense research, and it was really fun!
I hope you'll all like the new musical ambiance and appreciate the thought and care that went into the process of selection. :)

... With mistakes you'll get blank images in the game
We'll do our best to avoid blank images in the first place. We still count on players to report the possible apparitions of the "?" blue logo — we'd fix it for a 2.0.1 version ;)

Last edited:

AinzTilly

Aug 3, 2019
Indeed, that moderation threat happened and nearly killed us... But we're still there. :)
That sort of attitude is going to lead you guys far in real life. ;)

I'm about to finish my part of the job. I originally planned to have 1000 pictures more for girls/scenes picture, (= 1 picture for each air color, and for each of the 3 age categories). However, that's non viable for the release to be out in late-September as I'd like (that doesn't depend on me however, I'll keep you all up-to-date).
If you really want to keep to schedule why not go ahead with what you have and add the pictures later? I think you just need to modify the json references in addition to adding the pictures. Unless you intend to add more girls it will just be an overwrite of the json files.

Right now, I'm restoring all the pictures that were deleted in the process of removing the bad pictures, and I'm replacing them with better ones. I have 129 pictures left to do, and I do minimum 10 per days (it includes photoshoping out the watermarks manually, changing some of the hair colors, uncensoring some, etc.). I'll tackle the other 1000-ish pictures for a 2.1 version, maybe.
(y)

Don't you guys want to take the easy way and just take random pictures, resize/crop and you're done? :sneaky: That's what the previous image overhaul did and it shows.

Man, now I'm really curious about these images you have in store for the fans. o_O

If I ever work on 2.1 — with 2.0 being out as a proof that something was actually achieved — I'll let an address available for personal donations in the forms of tips. I don't know how yet, as I assume Patreon is off the table ^^
Have you tried the approach by Maverik of Strive for Power? Or how about NoMoshing of Harem Collector? You can try studying how they did it and see if it would work for you.

If you decide to make games, you should sell them in countries with strong copyright laws or sites like F95 will just "borrow" them.

Today, Powerairmax said: "I may have an idea", concerning the "equipment being too many causing clustering" bug.
For what you mentioned after, I don't think we've addressed that yet. I'll mention it to PAM eventually.
I think it's because 1.8 have pooled equipment. In previous versions you have one set of clothing for each girl and you only buy what your current one needs. Now all clothing is pooled so the max that the screen can show is breached.

Glad you have PAM. This bug seems solvable.

I removed the bad 3D loops. Only some of it is left, the ones that didn't have the uncanny valley look. They won't be animated anymore, as they are all in PNG now.
Sadly, I was almost done with 3 months of work on the sex folder, adding GIF files, when we decided to change the format to PNG. It means most of the pictures will be compressed. But at at least the art should be amongst the best of its kind (according to the hair color and the age of the girl), and more importantly, it'll be fully uncensored.
And ~400 nearly uncompressed PNG added this past month look amazingly sharp.
(y):eek:

Powerairmax makes the UI. St. Jezus and I are giving input and feedback. It's still ongoing, be sure it will be drastic!
I did the music choices and PAM as well as St. Jezus gave their input and feedback. It was done through intense research, and it was really fun!
I hope you'll all like the new musical ambiance and appreciate the thought and care that went into the process of selection. :)
Man, if you guys choose the music the way you explain the "choosing" mechanics I have zero doubt that the music will be fantastic!

Didn't notice before you mentioned but you're right in focusing on the decibels. If they peak at different times it's really annoying changing the music volume every time a new track is played.

And holy shit! Why did you purchase commercial!? You'll be lucky to get thanks from all the guys who will download your mod.

They say only intelligent people listen to classical music. :geek: Are you sure? The London subway uses classical music to drive away punks.

We'll do our best to avoid blank images in the first place. We still count on players to report the possible apparitions of the "?" blue logo — we'd fix it for a 2.0.1 version ;)
How about putting a debugging button so players can easily see which girl number is involved with the missing image? Then we can give the girl number to you guys so you can check. The girl number of black long milf is kind of hard to pin down visually if you're going to include thousands of new girls.

edit: Can send a screenshot of the face of the girl with the missing image but then you guys will have to visually locate the girl number.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 58 Votes