qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

UPDATE TIME
This month, I've changed 300 pictures in the scenes folder (cooking/bathing etc.), the picture adding should be considered done.
Also, the music lessons are entirely redone. The only instruments available to learn should be the one that you hear in the soundtrack; oboes and flutes are part of the same group, same for cello and violin... and no more electric guitars. Singing is now a part of the music lessons; but if you remember it was a requirement for the artist specialization--we've replaced it with the "painting" activity (however there will be only 3 pictures for that activity, at least for the upcoming release).

For what's left, I've discovered that PAM started his work on adding new slaves before we started working together. That means most of their full body images will be censored. We have to uncensor them, flawlessly if possible.
PAM will also intensively code the slaves. And St. Jezus will try to find better locations. And... that'll be it, the end of the tunnel; nothing else to do for 2.0 after that, in theory.

Late-September for a release might be a bit too difficult, but we'll work hard in order to achieve our work around that time. Once 2.0 is over, the first thing I'd like to do for next version is to remove some of the sex scenes that take places in modern areas (such as a a train station for exhibitionism) and photoshop the computers and the smartphones out of some in-game pictures.

Last edited:

AinzTilly

Aug 3, 2019
There'll be 2780 girls, and the json files will be rewrote from scratch :)
From 430 to 2780! With regards to rewriting the json files from scratch well good luck with that. o_O

Hm, what did they do? I think this game is already under Copyleft, I won't claim the property of it. It's just a matter of having my labor be acknowledged. Still people should be able to play the game for free, from anywhere, and not being pressured to give me a dime for it.
They provide early release and other perks for supporters. And supporters are more likely to have their feedback incorporated than the general public. The public gets the general release a month or so afterwards.

To be clear, the peak will still take place at different time. One music can start with high volume, and another can go crescendo. Despite the volume dynamic disparity, they'll now all eventually peak at the same volume.
That's fine. As long as they peak at the same decibels. The greatest shock to first time players of Jack-o-Nine Tails is the opening theme. Really loud.

I'm curious. What classical supporter or period did you choose in general? Baroque? Classical? Romantic? I'll get a general idea from the composer and/or period.

Here's PAM answer to that: "code-wise? can't be done, but but file-wise ? i will be renaming the pictures in color order and numbered, so if someone sees a slave without a certain pic that should be there (hopefully im doing a good job with the json recreation myself) then they can go back to the files and find her number easily"[/SPOILER]
Works for me. (y)

UPDATE TIME
This month, I've changed 300 pictures in the scenes folder (cooking/bathing etc.), it should be considered done.
The music lessons are entirely redone. The only instruments available to learn should be the one that you hear in the soundtrack (oboe and flutes are part of the same group, same for cello and violin. Above all, no more electric guitars). Singing is now a part of the music lessons; but if you remember it was a requirement for the artist specialization--we've replaced it with the "painting" activity (but there are only 3 pictures for that activity, at least for the upcoming release).

For what's left, I've discovered that PAM started his work on adding new slaves before we started working together. That means, most of their full body images will be censored. We have to uncensor them, flawlessly if possible. PAM will also intensively code the slaves. And St. Jezus will try to find better locations. And... that'll be it, the end of the tunnel, nothing else to do for 2.0 after that, in theory.

Late-september for a release might be a bit too difficult, but we'll work hard to achieve something around that time. Once 2.0 is over, the first thing I'll try to do for next version is to remove some of the sex scenes that take places in modern areas (such as a train station for exhibitionism) and photoshop out the computers and smartphones out of some picture's bedrooms.
Don't mind the wait. Better to wait for something than getting nothing at all. Not aware of anybody else modding this game with this level of dedication since people started modding Old Huntsman's release. Not that there's anybody else modding this game for that matter.

Kudos to you guys!

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
They provide early release and other perks for supporters. And supporters are more likely to have their feedback incorporated than the general public. The public gets the general release a month or so afterwards.
Well I'm more likely to have feedbacks incorporated if they are good ^^ I want everyone to play the same game, at the same time. The only thing people would tip me for is out of gratefulness for what's already done and keeping me motivated to continue further with the same level of dedication.

That's fine. As long as they peak at the same decibels. The greatest shock to first time players of Jack-o-Nine Tails is the opening theme. Really loud.
Agreed. It even has some computer generated percussion elements, with an action movie feel to it.

I'm curious. What classical supporter or period did you choose in general? Baroque? Classical? Romantic? I'll get a general idea from the composer and/or period.
For this game, I was opened to musics from all epochs, and tried to select the most fitting pieces out of them all.
I'll avoid spoiling you with composers names. Know that there is one piece from the baroque era, three from the romantic era and one from the contemporary era.
The rest is non-classical music (that contains adapted orchestration nonetheless). Some are from movie scores, some are from video games, and a couple of them are from the commercial registry.

Don't mind the wait. Better to wait for something than getting nothing at all. Not aware of anybody else modding this game with this level of dedication since people started modding Old Huntsman's release. Not that there's anybody else modding this game for that matter.

Kudos to you guys!
Thank you. :)
And I heard of some Russian guys working on the game. But we are shy; we never dared to contact them ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: AinzTilly

allthetoast

Jan 24, 2018
Is there a legal basis for this rule, or does it just exist to protect peoples delicate sensibilities? seems weird to disallow loli, but allow the scenes of straight up human butchery.

Also let me know if you have any need for additional code monkey support, I am a programmer by trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: qwertyu12359

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Is there a legal basis for this rule, or does it just exist to protect peoples delicate sensibilities? seems weird to disallow loli, but allow the scenes of straight up human butchery.

Also let me know if you have any need for additional code monkey support, I am a programmer by trade.
I think it's a bit of both. F95's admins and moderators don't want to be associated with such content, morally or legally. However, they are libertarian enough to let us upload the game here as long as we distribute the loli content via a 3rd party patch.

Anyway, thank you very much for the proposition. I'll be asking that to the main coder if he needs help; I'll get back to you in private message. ;)

Last edited:

Squidwarden

Sep 12, 2019
Hi everybody.
Its good to know that a new version of JoNT is under development! I also support the possibility to have a version of the game without any loli content. Thanks to the modders for that!

One of the best things of the game is the high diversity of random girls. However, sometimes I also like to see a known face. For this reason, time ago I modified the game to create a modest "Rule 34 mod" to include girls from other videogames, anime, cartoons... I think that this stuff fit nicely with the multiverse lore of the game. For example, I include Samus, so when I collect her in the auction I have a girl which pictures (general body, face, sex scenes and non-sex scenes) correspond to Samus. For this purpose, I gathered pictures from Samus and placed them inside a folder with her name. Then I named these pictures with the corresponding scene. Finally, I modified the json file of a random girl, substituting all the original picture directories for the picture directories of Samus. And voila!, character included. Unfortunally, I was unable to change history and features of this girl, because weird bugs happened.

Then, I have some questions.
1) How I can include new girls (taking into account the future version 2.0) instead of substitute an already present random girl? I prefer to increase the diversity, if posible.
2) What kind of pictures files (gif, jpg, bmp, png) will support the future 2.0?
3) In previous versions, the pictures had a size of 795x596 px. Is this size maintained for future versions?
4) How I can change the background and features of the json of the new "Rule 34" girl without broke the game?

Thanks in advance!
Sorry for my english, I am not native.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daba

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
- Thanks to the modders
- I modified the game to create a modest "Rule 34 mod" to include girls from other videogames, anime, cartoons...
- Then, I have some questions:
1) How I can include new girls (taking into account the future version 2.0) instead of substitute an already present random girl? I prefer to increase the diversity, if posible.
2) What kind of pictures files (gif, jpg, bmp, png) will support the future 2.0?
3) In previous versions, the pictures had a size of 795x596 px. Is this size maintained for future versions?
4) How I can change the background and features of the json of the new "Rule 34" girl without broke the game?
- You're welcome ;)
- The principle reminds me of Slave Maker. I was a very good game for its time. :)
- 1) I invite you to send a private message to Powerairmax. He's the one that did the adding.
2) .png :)
3) 795x596 for most pictures. 1280x800 for some backgrounds (in the city, inside the apartment...).
4) Same thing as for number 1, I don't know how to handle the Json.

If ever Powerairmax doesn't answer to you in the next 72 hours, let me know, and I'll ask him directly. :)

Squidwarden

Sep 12, 2019
Thanks for the answers.

So... I understand that the new version only will accept .png and no other/various types of file.
Could you send me a typical girl json to remember all scenes?

I will contact with Powerairmax, thanks again!

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Thanks for the answers.

So... I understand that the new version only will accept .png and no other/various types of file.
Could you send me a typical girl json to remember all scenes?

I will contact with Powerairmax, thanks again!
Yes only .png, it apparently comes from the limitation of the engine; we could only settle on one format.
A typical 2.0 json file? I can't provide that to you myself, but Powerairmax has them ;)

thedeathdefied

Dec 24, 2017
I'm missing two trophies from the fogs. I've killed the camira beastmen twice but they wont show up and I can't figure out what the other trophy is. Can anyone help?

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Hah! That's a mirrored cut out of a "Swamp Horror" on the top right. Never thought I'd see a image from the Iron Kingdoms in this forum.

Trovald

Aug 19, 2018
Is it possible to disable or change charm requirements? It feels really dumb when your fit, elegant and exotic slave gets refused by 3 guys in a row who all want D+ class assistant. I can understand a client being picky if he pays for A or B class, but those who only have enough sparks for D+ slaves should be way less demanding.

Trovald

Aug 19, 2018
In version 1.7.5 guild could offer several slaves for my contract work before contract button grayed out. In version 1.8 guild always offers only one slave per day. Is there a simple way to change it back?

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
In version 1.7.5 guild could offer several slaves for my contract work before contract button grayed out. In version 1.8 guild always offers only one slave per day. Is there a simple way to change it back?
Got QGEN? Go to them tab called guild. Go to line 26. Replace this line

if contract['active'] = 2: FUNC('$menu', 'location_gray', $menu_item_close_contract_gray, empty, 'Turn in Contract/ANGELIKA')

with this line

if contract['active'] = 2: contract['active'] = 0

Contract button ain't gonna get grayed out EVER until ya pick up a contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: iRoxor and Trovald

Trovald

Aug 19, 2018
That's not exactly what i wanted, but i found the solution myself. In the tab interaction_city at lines 3250 and 3287 i replaced

$no = {contract['active'] = 2
npc = 0
gs 'generate_stock'
gt 'guild'}

with

$no = {
if RAND(0,2) = 0: contract['active'] = 2
npc = 0
gs 'generate_stock'
gt 'guild'}

I also done same thing for C- and C+ rank contracts(which are slightly below) but with if RAND(0,1) = 0:. So now low rank contracts will have more than one slave per day to train(but not an infinite amount). Thanks for help anyways :).

Last edited:
Reactions: iRoxor and ryouG

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
any updates on 2.0?
The slaves are now all coded into the game. Here was the problem, 3000 slaves = 50 seconds of time whenever doing saves, and that comes from the Engine. So we made a compromise and there'll be around 1800 slaves instead (it's still a large number right? ;) ).
The new UI is being done. It necessitates to change the backgrounds picture sizes, so we completely changed them and tried to make them more lore friendly (for exemple, in the Spire, the description says "techno-janissaries", and the image was ONE bald dark angel girl with a dark moon behind).
We don't have many things left to do, but they might take some time. We've made some huge progress this month.

In an ideal world, the game is out the 30th of September. But expect us to be late. There isn't much else I can do, all there is left is in the capable hands of Powerairmax. :)

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes