Japanese Manga SFX help?

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Trying to make sense of some sfx I found in a hentai Japanese manga, seems like some sfx can mean something else in different contexts so I would really appreciate some help translating this sfxs:

Manga sfx.jpg
About the context:
The biggest image is some dude penetrating a girl then the rest are from a girl sucking(?) a guy off. Some sfx seem to be similar but there are small variations.

Maybe someone fluent in Japanese hentai stuff can help me out. :coldsweat:

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Maybe this can help?
Yeah, the website gives me a very general idea of what the sfxs mean but it seems like by adding something here and there the meaning also changes. I really hope to find something more specific.

Thanks tho, bookmarked the page for future reference.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I want to think that I have identified some of the characters used to write the sfxs:

ち related to "smirk" or "smile".
ッ seems like "swish" or "poke".
ぷ something like "pinch" or "pluck".
ず is a "vigorous motion".
ぐ It can be "gulp" or "swallow".
シ also seems like "swish" or "poke".
る like a "humming" sound.
ニ ?
Need to find the rest of the characters...

ずるッ seems to be something like "sip" or "slurp" but then the ッ part is a mystery...
ぐぷ seems to also be "slurp" but there is another character that I can't find...

Still trying to decode this sounds...
Do we have a nice Japanese member, or someone fluent in Japanese, who can offer some help? :tiredface:

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
ずるッ seems to be something like "sip" or "slurp" but then the ッ part is a mystery...
ッ is an accent mark when it's smaller than other symbols. Usually it means next "letter" of a symbol will be doubled but when it's at the end of the word it works mostly as an exclamation mark. It's worth to remember that when it comes to sounds you can often see a lot of "-" symbols which are meant to prolong given sound. Like じ-------- is a standard sound of someone who's staring intensively. English versions are usually <stare> .
My Japanese isn't great at all but sounds usually are easily transcribed when placed in a context. Writing just one symbol in most cases would look unnatural and out of place so they are usually in a group of a couple of symbols

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
ッ is an accent mark when it's smaller than other symbols. Usually it means next "letter" of a symbol will be doubled but when it's at the end of the word it works mostly as an exclamation mark.
I see, that makes sense. So turns into something like ! at the end.
Thx.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I see, that makes sense. So turns into something like ! at the end.
Thx.
That's right. In Japanese western punctuation marks don't exist. They sometime use them but usually have their own ways to express something.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Well, I have figure it out some of the sfx but still missing others.

Made a reference page that could be helpful for others trying to know what is the meaning of some sfx in their favorite hentai manga:

Japanese-NSFW-sfx-to-English.jpg

Maybe this can help others but I still want to know the meaning of sfxs in my original post :tiredface:

Biskart

May 14, 2021
Took me two years to come across this post, by researching a similar thing.
The big image (and some of the others) in the original post, seem to be variations of:
ぐぷっ (Gupuh)
That would be something like: Splish or slurp, or another wet squishy noises.
I used a dictionary of japanese sfx that I found on reddit and some of some basic knowledge of hiragana and katakana, if you still interested in founding the meaning of the others thats the link for the post: