• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[S>Translator] [S>Writer] Japanese Translator and NSFW Writer Open for Commissions

NoxAeternae

Jul 8, 2018
Skills:

-I've been working as a Japanese translator for the last 4-5 years. I've worked with a local publisher on Manga translations before going full freelance. I have worked with some people on this forum on certain game translation projects as well. I've also lived in Japan for a time, so I'm familiar with the culture.

-As for creative writing; I've been writing on and off for more than 10 years. I've been and still am involved in a number of game projects as a writer as well as providing freelance writing for other projects.

Preferred method of contact:

-The best way to reach me is through discord. My ID is NoxAeternae#7702. You can send me a friend request and I'll usually respond within the day. You can also DM me here if you want.

Employment Type & Rates:

-For translation, my rate starts at 0.03$ per Japanese character. Depending on the nature and the amount of work, small adjustments may be possible.

-For writing, I ask 20$ per 1000 words. There is no lower or upper limit, and the price is adjusted accordingly.

-If we are working together for the first time, I ask half of the payment before the commission is complete and the remaining half after I have delivered it. For long-term clients, more options may be possible.

-Due to the country I live in, I am unable to use PayPal. Instead, I use a similar service called Wise. I'd prefer to receive payments through Wise, but depending on the work I'm willing to consider other methods.

Availability:

-I'm almost always available to accept more translation work. After we reach an agreement, we can negotiate a deadline depending on your needs and my workload.

-As for writing, I'm not looking for any long-term projects or anything that would require me to invest long periods of time. What I'm offering is commissions for scenes, passages and the like.

-I'm pretty much always available for contact.
I'd be happy to answer your questions.

Work Samples:

-I have a writing portfolio, but I prefer not to make it public. Please send me a DM if you'd like see it.

Additional comments:

-For translation, the main reason I would refuse work is if the work is not in a text-format. I don't accept pdf or any kind of image-based source. I also don't do any kind of programming/ripping work, just translation.

-For writing, I'm open to most genres/kinks. I will not write about any sexual scene that includes violence, as well as any extreme fetishes such as scat. If you're not sure, feel free to ask. I don't judge.

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Figured I would drop in my two cents for anyone looking into Nox's services.

I've worked with Nox for a little less than a year now, where he provides me translation services for Kemomimi Treasure Hunters.

Nox has consistently helped translate, and consistently delivered in time spans agreed upon prior to beginning work. He is also very upfront and communicative about expectations and timelines during any point where I have sent off items to be worked on.
Further, he has been more than amenable to helping me answer any other small nitpicks I may have had at any point with my project.
At all points during my professional relationship with him, it has been nothing but an easy back and forth, with very little deviation from our work flow. He has been more than understanding with my personal position in this market, (a very beginner to localization) so the on/off periods I have due to funding this out of pocket, have not hindered our ability to work together.

All in all, I recommend his services highly, and will continue to engage with him in later points should I pick up other passion projects!
You are welcome to DM me any personal questions regarding anything I may not have addressed here, and I will happily clarify those as well.

Best of luck to your future positions, Nox!

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Howdy.

Random question/request:

I did a translation of this game https://f95zone.to/threads/revenge-game-cumshot-or-death-final-game-colon.107229/ but so far I haven't had any feedback from another bilingual person/translator. Well, I did ask one Japanese speaker but the response was 「バカじゃない?そんあ暇なら家のことをさきに見てほしい」so I kinda gave up... :eek:

The process was way longer and sapped more energy than I expected. Also I may have suffered permanent psychological damage from the story. If only I knew the going rate was 3c/文字 :ROFLMAO:.

Anyway, if you have a chance to take a look it would be great to hear your thoughts.