Java JavaFX Game Manager

darkenergy100

Mar 1, 2017
So a friend and I have been working on an alternative to DLSite Game Manager for a while and I am ready to post about it. I've been using the program developed by Lux from ULMF for years, and it's been great, but it has begun to cause some problems. It eats up memory, has begun to crash, stutters heavily or crashes on scrolling, and occasionally drops data high up in the alphabetical list. I'm sure that most of this is caused by the sheer number of games I have categorized in the database, which recently hit 2000. The program was abandoned by it's original developer, and never hit a 1.0 release, with occasional mods and bugfixes being released further down the thread. Since the source was never released for either version, We're just re-designing it from scratch. We intend to be more focused on categorization and less on translation than the original.

Progress will be posted on GitHub at

Preview of the UI:
Game Manager FX.png

Notabale changes are as follows:

To be added in Game Manager FX:
  • Support for HTML games
  • Support for Mac OSX
  • Export to CSV function
  • Import from DLSite Game Manager (ease of transition)
  • Performance improvements (no stuttering on scroll)
  • Embedded Derby backend

To be removed in Game Manager FX:
  • ATGH Hooker implementation
  • Chiitrans implementation
  • Custom resolutions

Major features common to both:
  • Automatic data import from DLSite
  • Ratings and comments
  • RPGMaker game CG extraction
  • Steam-alike cover art view

Planned stretch features:
  • Import data from F95 Link
  • Game folder compression
  • Update checker

Last edited:

WildCookie

Sep 2, 2017
Thanks for the work put in this software! Is there a release of it already?
Since I almost could not use the original version, I don't really know what you mean here, could you explain a bit this part? "We intend to be more focused on categorization and less on translation than the original"

darkenergy100

Mar 1, 2017
Thanks for the work put in this software! Is there a release of it already?
Since I almost could not use the original version, I don't really know what you mean here, could you explain a bit this part? "We intend to be more focused on categorization and less on translation than the original"
I don't intend to add built-in text hookers or translation engines, which the original has, but I intend to support more game engines for launching from the app, and links for update feeds like Patreon