Ren'Py - Jen's Dilemma [Ch. 2 v4] [SerialNumberComics]

1. 1.00 star(s)

YC11

Game gets stuck about 5 minutes in choices dont matter it will only progress after making the choice the game wants.
    Useless map system stuck for days pressing the same buttons doing the same actions.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story 1/5
    Theres nothing to come for here really, story is boring, sandbox is an insane grind so you want to use cheats or you wont enjoy this, most sex scenes arent animated and the few that are animated are short and poor and bad cam views.

No hint system so you just click around hoping something happens, no music doing 99% of the game.

Girls 3/5
    Pretty average with some diversity in builds.

Animations 1/5
    To few animated scenes and alot arent animated, bad cam views, no sounds.

Music 0/5
    Other then going to work there is no music.

Choices 1/5
    Its pretty much just kinetic.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Kingbeer1

Grind, more grind, and then add some grind for good measure. If you enjoy wasting your time I recommend downloading this game. If on the other hand you prefer a game that is fun, skip this abomination.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Vincent Valentine

So, I propose 4 stars to say that those who say the game is bad, don't listen to them. Unless you're like them, and you're content to click without reading anything until scene X. It's a game, not a video ph...anyway, the game is good, and the teasing is very well done, progressive and interesting, which keeps you hooked and makes you want to go further. Especially since the mechanics are ones I like, the scenes progress little by little, even if the story isn't superb, the characters are good and fulfill their role. There's a real game here and each scene is very, very decent. Repetitive, yes it's true, sometimes the score required is too high for the outcome, but that's not the worst part...the horror is the hints to progress...unclear, incomprehensible and you find yourself stuck, lost without the slightest idea where to click or what to do because there's no communication. That's what harms the game, it's such a pity. We're not asking for the answer step by step, but just a little hint and then no problem, we'll search and we'll do it in whatever order we want since it's a sandbox (and a good sandbox at that!). Also lacking in sound, music, other than someone knocking on the door...the models are good and we're not overwhelmed by a bunch of narrative text, or the character's thoughts, the text is just right. No really, the game has its merits. A mod that guides better wouldn't be unwelcome...kudos to the team that worked on it, and I hope they don't listen to the idiotic people who give 1 or 2 stars without making any effort...they're not in the right place, no need to let us know.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

SAMASH112

The renders are fine. The story could entertain more and reach everyone cause have potential, but if you insist on continuing with your extreme sandbox you will be left alone. If you don't want players to finish each update quickly, there are more options than impose a sandbox of this level. As an example of an easy way to do it is Anna Exciting Affection, there you have it. If you come to your senses and go for a VN as intended in Ren'Py or a simple map like Anna or Amnesia you will have more support. And of course, not even a guide. Sorry but there is no way I can play this. For now this game mode is a huge b*tch and a pain in the a*s that has ruined your entire project.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Consistently_1nconsistent

I just couldn't. This game is all over the place. How do you have a cohesive story without any order to this mess. Sorry I usually have more to contribute to a review but this was just free-roaming bs and badly handled at that. Dev do yourself a favor. Play something better then code. Hell go play Summertime Saga and get a good grasp on how flags work and what steps lead to what in an free-roaming story.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Deleted member 423149

Not a good game. I would use it just for the gallery. May be if its polished and has actual guide. Otherwise you will just buble around wasting your time expecting different things to happen. Not to mention the guide is wrong
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Hynegard

Terribly coded. The Dev has literally no idea how to code flags, so the story is all over the place.

Also, what you have to do is very hidden and the ingame guide is a joke.

Most things don't have animations.

Bottom line is, this game is terrible to play.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

veselqku

The developer is specifically crooked. Some of the scenes with the sister are activated by triggers - some by stats. As a result, you can’t kiss somewhere - somewhere you fuck in all the holes. Somewhere, the sister sees GG's c... and is embarrassed - somewhere she gives it in the ass and sucks. And all this happens at the same time and the head is spinning from this.
    Mother seems to work only on triggers - everything is clearer with her.
    Oh yes, fire hints - it’s not at all clear what to do.
    Of the pluses - quite a sane plot and normal graphics. Well, the interaction of the characters with each other. I was especially surprised that when mam catches with his sister - and game over.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Sedid

The grind is a nightmare in Jen's Dilemma. Far too many scenes are repeated in the game, it's a real kill joy and spoils the player's experience.

Don't make the same mistake I did: don't waste many hours on this game, it's not worth it. Give it a try, then download the gallery mod. It's a shame, because the girls are sexy. This game is ruined by the excessive grind.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

lunchyoh

So I'll start this out with pretty much everyone's criticism of the grind and confusion of what to actually do easily would make this game a 1 star, the only reason I give it 3 stars is because I personally don't mind a bit of grind since it adds to the build up and the reward for me, thus not a big knock in my book.

It is very hard to understand what you are suppose to be doing at any one time but with enough stumbling it's possible to figure out. Hopefully the Dev makes it more clear or irons out the game play a bit so its not as frustrating.

The other reason I give it a higher rating then 1 star is because I personally like the Nadia model a lot and I enjoy seeing characters in more then one outfit and this game delivers on that with a character model that works for me.

So I would only recommend this if you don't mind some grind and you like the character models. If you do its bearable, hopefully the Dev fixes some of the issues and I think more people would enjoy it, but they are justified in their 1 star ratings as of writing this.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

Hunt1103

this game is just unplayable, grind is one thing but this is just stupid same. The ingame walkthrough is useless, you'll keep on running in circles, I just can't understand how the experienced dev created this hot mess
  13. 1.00 star(s)

RAlN

What a hot mess, I even tried with cheats and put hundreds of stats in everything, this game is just so confusing to play, I played for 2 hours this time, constantly clicking everywhere hoping for the best because it takes 2 minutes to find the quest log and then it's useless.
    I don't even know how to leave the house since the map button is grayed out. I know I might be missing something but I've played hundreds of renpy games and none of them got me THIS stuck.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

Adoringfan

What a mess. I figured I'd give it a shot despite the bad rating it had and oh boy was that a bad idea. Everything everyone has ever said about this game is true, the stars don't lie!

It's not just that it's a grind, if that was the only issue that would be fine. The points don't matter at all, they only serve to fuck you the player. Stats degrade over time and having too many points or too few locks you out of various scenes.

I can't in good faith recommend this to anyone unless it gets a serious overhaul or a benevolent walkthrough mod maker decides to unravel whatever this is.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

V&M

I don't like hitting a dead cat, and there's not much to talk about either, practically every flaw in the game and the developer has been said over and over again.
    I see some 5 star ratings and wonder if they were bought as it totally goes against most of the ratings and comments on the thread.
    Anyway:
    History: Same thing as other games, that is, it does not exist. Just one hell of a grind, just so it can be called a game.
    Graphics: A total mess, some good, some terrible (those are more and more present).
    Gameplay: Think of bad gameplay, and now multiply it by 10 (to be generous).
    Fun: Doesn't exist, just frustration.
    It's not even worth dwelling on too much, the game sucks in every way.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

kevcolqaz

wonder why the dev keeps doing extreme sandbox games which cannot be played without a walkthrough which is too hard, this game corruption is good if they didn't make it too long to get the scenes this makes the game not worth playing.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

BoobiesSugoi

I can only wonder about the low ratings given to this gem of a game...

Maybe people don`t enjoy this kind of "puzzle" game, where you actually have to think a bit before progressing and "try and error" to progress further.

Speaking for myself this kind of game is a very rare gem in my eyes. I love slow progress, with lots of corruption steps and a huge buildup.

This game is not fast food, no for me it ages well over time, and I always find myself coming back to the wonderful art and style of it.

Exceptional.
  18. 1.00 star(s)

Odinson42069

Absolutely horrible grindfest. Stay away, unless you have nothing else to do for a week or two. Makes me wonder what kind of person dev is to make a game this grindy. Only reason I tried it was because I liked the theme and renders looked decent.
    Not recommended at all.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

stinkholeslammer

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

Dev just keeps making the same exact game over and over lmao. This dude must live in his own world. If this guy would just listen to some feedback and make his games enjoyable he would probably have 2k patrons. Multiple games with millions of views and 200 patrons. Something's not adding up here pal.

Game is atrocious, it's literally foot of the mountain repackaged. Absolute dogshit game lmao.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

Mouse101

Grinds are ok if there is a path - not so here. You have no idea what to do to progress - the help is useless. Really wanted to like this, nice grahics, stats and open play / sandbox which I like. However, as it is the game is just too awful and frustrating. If there was some good basic in game hints I would come back to it, but as it is please do not waste your time.