VN Ren'Py Abandoned Jessie: Mother's Sins [v0.09 Extended] [Caprice]

2.70 star(s) 30 Votes

Caligula

Donor
Aug 22, 2017
@phreadom

I don't know how many games like this one you have played before but it has a "Visual Novel" tag. It is not a sandbox game. I have played or at least tried out a lot of games with a "VN" tag. Depending on the developer of the game you have sometimes very limited choices in scenes. You have to keep that in mind while playing VNs. Like I said, I also wasn't happy with the lack of control in that particular scene and that it was very rushed, but I can look past it.

I have seen a lot of discussions what can be classified as NTR. This is definitely still not a NTR scene even if it feels like that to you.

Reactions: messerschmied

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
@phreadom

I don't know how many games like this one you have played before but it has a "Visual Novel" tag. It is not a sandbox game. I have played or at least tried out a lot of games with a "VN" tag. Depending on the developer of the game you have sometimes very limited choices in scenes. You have to keep that in mind while playing VNs. Like I said, I also wasn't happy with the lack of control in that particular scene and that it was very rushed, but I can look past it.

I have seen a lot of discussions what can be classified as NTR. This is definitely still not a NTR scene even if it feels like that to you.

Typically, a heroine will be introduced as having a significant other, which may be a husband, a boyfriend, or even a partner in a affair. The story will then show the aforementioned heroine being intimate with another man ( ), thus provoking jealousy in the audience by proxy. The nature of the affair varies, and the parties involved may be willing or unwilling. , sometimes it's in the form of the , sometimes or the man may simply be pimping his sweetheart out to earn their bread. As you may expect, this is on the bad side of .
In this, we are the audience.

In this, Josh, her son, is introduced first and foremost as the obvious potential "significant other". He is shown as being the one she begins fantasizing about, etc. And I believe in the initial 0.5 release (not the extended), he was the only one she was having these stirrings for. So the story sets you up as the audience, showing the potential budding relationship between her and her son as she learns more about her son's sexuality, his possession of her panties along with other sexual material, his much older and sexual girlfriend, etc.

The stage is set for us, the audience, to on one hand be interested in the heroine of the story, and to by experiencing this budding sexual tension with her son by proxy. The stage is set. We're seemingly put in control of guiding along just how this relationship progresses. We're emotionally invested. We're being teased with anticipation for what will happen next between these two.

Then suddenly some other guy comes in... like a buzzing mosquito you wish to swat away so that you can get back to the unfolding sexual tension and relationship between the mother and son. You try to skip through his scenes to get back to the main story.

Then suddenly you're forced to watch him strip her and eat her out in the store while they're shopping. WTF!?

This is what PROVOKES JEALOUSY IN THE AUDIENCE BY PROXY. You had been building toward a different relationship, and this woman... the heroine of the story... she starkly violates your wishes and engages in sexual activity with someone you really don't want her to, provoking these feelings in you. You felt that her emotions were growing for her son, and his very clearly for her. There was a budding relationship there you wanted to see progress. And then she lets his friend just have his way with her right in the store completely out of nowhere?

One can certainly argue technicalities... like whether NTR is just about infidelity in general, or cheating specifically, or about how the specific genre is meant to evoke that sense of being powerless while your love interest engages with someone else, etc...

But I think it's pretty clear that the same kind of feeling is at play here. The very same kind that makes people hate NTR so much, for the same reasons.

We don't want to watch the object of our desire hook up with someone we don't want them to hook up with. And if we're a guy playing a game where the main character happens to be a woman we're watching from a third person perspective, we're most likely not going to be imagining ourselves as the woman, but rather as a reader or viewer experiencing her story and somewhat being able to control it as it progresses... and then suddenly to have it shift away from the apparent setup (incest, sexual tension growing between mother and son, etc...) to be robbed of that and have her actually have sex with some other irritating side character without any ability to prevent it happening...

I think I'll stick with it effectively being NTR. Close enough for me.

Last edited:

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
It would be interesting which storyline the Dev per se invented. Unfortunately only pledger can type on her Patreon site. It seems she (MC) has only eyes for both friends of their childs. So i guess incest is currently under theses circumstances off the cards. At the beginning i thougt it’s a typical incest game. But now ...? I don’t know. NTR? Maybe.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
@phreadom

it is kind of NTR , even if you play as the mom.
let's take exempl, if you interrested to build an lesbian mom-daughter relation... if the son pop out to have suddent sex with the mom with no way to avoid that, its NTR.

(i hope its clear enougth) :)

Bunta

May 6, 2018
I was liking this game, but after the dressing room scene with the boy i lost interest, i think we should have an option to avoid that, if the dev don't want to change that i think i dont want to play it anymore, and from what I've been reading it's not just me thinking that way

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
@Caprice37 would honestly like to have some news out of patreon...

i mean, everything is hidden on patrons only post. you do like you want of course, but i think it would be nice for non patrons peoples to have a bit of news sometime...
i mean, lots of peoples would prefer to know what's going on "before" becoming patrons, instead of bein forced to become patrons for see by themself.

just my opinion ... but i think theyare some peoples lost in the process. not everybody is rich (that's why f95 is a cool place too, because we can "test" before decide. so sure we can test old version and all, but its a big bonus to have a bit of info too.)

but its your game, do like you want :)

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
Am I missed some update or this game have slow development ?
I think I have to play from the start since I've no memory to the previous content.
Gandalf_Confuse.gif

Reactions: Fzoner95

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
@Caprice37 would honestly like to have some news out of patreon...

i mean, everything is hidden on patrons only post. you do like you want of course, but i think it would be nice for non patrons peoples to have a bit of news sometime...
i mean, lots of peoples would prefer to know what's going on "before" becoming patrons, instead of bein forced to become patrons for see by themself.

just my opinion ... but i think theyare some peoples lost in the process. not everybody is rich (that's why f95 is a cool place too, because we can "test" before decide. so sure we can test old version and all, but its a big bonus to have a bit of info too.)

but its your game, do like you want :)
"Rich"? Not sure what the dev's Patreon is like but most of them offer $1 a MONTH. Like, $0.04 a day? Unless you're in a third world country and literally eating garbage from huge dumps, practically everyone can pay less than $0.04 a day.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
"Rich"? Not sure what the dev's Patreon is like but most of them offer $1 a MONTH. Like, $0.04 a day? Unless you're in a third world country and literally eating garbage from huge dumps, practically everyone can pay less than $0.04 a day.
true.. but not everybody will like to pay without knowing what's going on...

would you give me money ? i tell you a secret after ! ( see ? that kind of thing.. XD )
wouldnt say no, but still its always better to have a bit of info BEFORE jumping in.
it also show that the dev is communicate with his community.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Jessie: Mother's sins v0.05ext.
users having problems to use the <enter> key on their virtual keyboard, can now use the <Ok> button within the input screen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Reactions: Wingman666 and cebs
2.70 star(s) 30 Votes