Journalling my progress to becoming a 2d artist

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Hey all!

Derge here. I am starting this thread to journal my progress to become to a 2d artist

About a year ago I couldn't pick up shifts anymore with my company as we had downsized too much. More time at home meant I wanted to enjoy my own interests. I started writing 8 months ago after watching a Thomas Brush video on starting your own indie game. I wrote a full novel for a universe where mine could take place after just four months. I was not an instant feat, but a grueling, time consuming effort to learn to write. I am currently developing the game for consoles now (Its sfw). Meanwhile, I dont want to only do SFW, and I want to stop working with other developers, as everybody likes to get paid for but me. I am in it for the long haul. I switched over to Renpy because even for a novice, its like a one man band. I direct, write, code, market, everything. My current project on here is: [Ren'Py] Aeos The NSFW adventure generator [v0.14] [DergeProductions] | F95zone. And I think its going pretty good. I work very hard to update 2-3 times a week. Mostly on major updates as well.

I now want to do my own art. I will be journaling my progress here for people to see and weigh in on.

I will upload new pictures daily, starting with today in a few hours. I love this community, and appreciate the support!

D

Deleted member 3145675

Hi,
If I was to give you 1 single advice - it would be to learn to manage your efforts in order to avoid the "candle in the wind" effect.
You don't win a marathon by burning all your strength in the first 3 kilometers.
(1 update a week on a determined day is more than good enough)
I am in it for the long haul. <==

have fun
GL

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Hi,
If I was to give you 1 single advice - it would be to learn to manage your efforts in order to avoid the "candle in the wind" effect.
You don't win a marathon by burning all your strength in the first 3 kilometers.
(1 update a week on a determined day is more than good enough)
have fun
GL
That's very fair advice, haha.

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Ill give myself a couple days to upload the first one now. I drew the scene out and am refining it.

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Hey, just dropping by to offer my words of support for you and looking forward to follow your progress!
Thanks! I am actually back working on Aeos. I just coded the battle, inv, market, and navigation systems. It was a breakthrough. I will code until saturday then resume my art! Sorry for the lack of updates. I was getting beat down by higher functions in renpy. It only all fell together for me as I kept learning.

Reactions: ParkG

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
17 days later and I get 5 minutes to finally upload. Sorry all. I am hard at work on Aeos. I have some very quick sketches. I still struggle with eyes. Very beginner stuff. I am enrolled in a art course in Udemy. Thoughts?