VN Just a Journal : (NG Creative)

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
This thread was created in the past with main motive to see & keep track that, i can create a visual novel or not but as the time passed I am using this thread to present myself to the community, I keep updated this thread, I attach new renders in every 1-2 days. (Not now) Just testing & experimenting with different tools & softwares.

*Click on spoiler to extend it
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Some new stuff :
https://f95zone.to/threads/just-some-random-stuff.98597/

Last edited:
Reactions: RockFellerX

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
*Maybe not following now, just kept this post for historical interest :KEK:

In the process, I'm just wondering here and there on f95 collecting assets from 3 months. Learning things.

After so much searching, collecting things, making notes of what will be suitable for my machine. I will share the details about that struggle later. Here's the love interest of the MC or main attraction of the game. Rendered in different hair colours. Render time around 45-50 seconds each. (720 x 1080p)

Not sure which to use. Or completely change her hair style with other one.
However with the face shape & skin I'm completely satisfied and body shape also. (!No silicon accepted here :4Head:)

I'm more tilted towards the first 3.

Last edited:

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
Now working on another short story other than the main story which I wanted to work on in long term. It will be on hold, in my mind only.

So the script for the other story is completed. Ren'py version of the script is also 80% completed. (Like coding and all, conversion of actual script into the visual novel). Renders and 3d models are yet to be finalized. Until now, not started the rendering. Just blank screens with dialogues. The story is short, can be done in few renders. The first Update for the story can be considered as completed but it also have, such ending that it have scope for expansion, can be extended on demand.

Reactions: RockFellerX

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
Still figuring out what render engine to use. There are 3 options iray, cycles(blender) & Filament.

Iray is easy to setup & takes less time in setting up the scenes (including posing & lighting) but rendering times are huge. It can easily take upto an hour to render a medium complex scene. And can affect the system. Temperature stays really high for that time. So.. no... My computer will hate me if I do this with him for longer period of time.

Cycles from blender is also another option. Diffeomorphic is good utility for export & import. Looks goods not actually same results as iray with less efforts. Renders can almost look good as 70% iray without much tweaking. But there are many flaws with the process when 2 softwares are involved. Like some things will look different in daz but look differently in the blender. So this is not a workflow for doing bunch of renders. It is surely good when setting up occasional renders. Almost 5-10 times faster than iray. And giving goods shadows and all. Previously thought of going with cycles. Working on it for almost a month. At start it was blazingly fast in rendering 1 figure with a simple background. Within a minute renders were possible. But as soon as the environment complexity increased like added beds, cupboards, and different things within the environment the rendering times started to increase and the heat from the computer also started to increase. Yup, and I don't want my computer to hate me because of this.

I had previously heard about the filament , but without much information I didn't gave much attention to it. In the previous week I was surfing the f95 & sites about rendering and all and got to know about it, someone was suggesting about using filament for rendering. Got curious and started collecting more information about it. There are many different things to learn about filament. You can easily setup scenes like posing and all same like iray but this only half done. Main thing in filament comes is lighting & some shading. When using environment settings from iray it's completely washed out and once the intensity is decreased in filament, it's almost similar as iray. But the problem is shadows. Pointlights produces bad shadows (shadows appears disappears changing the camera position), distant generate shadows only in open space. So spotlight is only option. But it looks very different from previous position, so needs lots of tweaking here. But only thing here is the render time is reduced to 0 seconds.

Now trying lots of tweaking with lightings and all to work good in this. But it takes lot of time in setting up good lighting.

NG Creative.

Shoe_Lac3

Jun 6, 2018
Kinda curious about the filament results, as I'm having pretty much the same observations and in the predicament of choosing either daz Iray vs blender Cycles.

Would love to see some filament test shots. How different is it from Blender Eevee? Better? Worse? As I recall it being chasing the same dream of Real-time rendering - but not having ray tracing, no emissive materials, etc.

Almost all of the results I've seen from it has been less than ideal. First time seeing it being mentioned in a optimistic light (though mildly), has piqued my interest :unsure:

Reactions: NG Creative

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
Kinda curious about the filament results, as I'm having pretty much the same observations and in the predicament of choosing either daz Iray vs blender Cycles.

Would love to see some filament test shots. How different is it from Blender Eevee? Better? Worse? As I recall it being chasing the same dream of Real-time rendering - but not having ray tracing, no emissive materials, etc.

Almost all of the results I've seen from it has been less than ideal. First time seeing it being mentioned in a optimistic light (though mildly), has piqued my interest :unsure:
Some of my filament renders I have posted.

https://f95zone.to/threads/just-a-journal-ng-creative.98793/

There are many which I haven't posted. Need lots of practice in lighting & setting up the scenes to get faster & better. But the plus point here is you don't have to wait huge time for render to finish. It's instant (0 seconds). Without having a great hardware. If people have multiple rtx 3090s for rendering then iray is absolutely beautiful but not all have that much budget.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shoe_Lac3

Shoe_Lac3

Jun 6, 2018
Some of my filament renders I have posted.

Rousse scene
Close up
Night
MC
Jaklin
Fly

There are many which I haven't posted. Need lots of practice in lighting & setting up the scenes to get faster & better. But the plus point here is you don't have to wait huge time for render to finish. It's instant (0 seconds). Without having a great hardware. If people have multiple rtx 3090s for rendering then iray is absolutely beautiful but not all have that much budget.
Thanks for the links. But yea, the lack of raytraced shadows and the slew of other short-comings still have me unconvinced.

All the best and good luck to you and your game <3

Reactions: NG Creative

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
Thanks for the links. But yea, the lack of raytraced shadows and the slew of other short-comings still have me unconvinced.

All the best and good luck to you and your game <3
Yea thanks,

Daz is all about the improvement. You get better as you spend time with it. It's not much photorealistic as iray, but while creating game/VN need bunch of renders so it's better for creators who don't have insane rigs. For occasional renders iray is always best. And you can always rework or do it once upgraded.

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
Any plans on what your game will be ?
Previously had plans and then also had many stories in mind. Ranged from male & female protagonist.

One story was about a businessman (in 30s) he moves to one of his branch office disguised as a normal employee to catch irregularities going on there and falls in love with one of the employees. (Also had written detailed summary part - if someone is interested in knowing more maybe I can share these detailed summary of the story.)

Also had a short story in mind about a young college student and his crush and their sexual encounter.

Also some discussion was going on regarding the involvement of the character I attached just above.

About the main story which I was really wanted to work on I won't talk about it until I am able to create it and will always be under curtain for now.

Now I am just surfing here and there doing some stuff, getting to know more about the tools I'm working on trying to get faster & better in these. Maybe can get involved in some game creations, who knows. ;)

View attachment 1603396

Did you decided with which engine/tool you gonna create your game ?
I know nothing about DAZ. Only known a little bit of HS2 and such but everything else is new land for me.
Wouldnt you usally look for "the" engine where you got the most assets/models/mods compared to the others ?
About the game engine it will be Ren'py. For actual gameplay and ui.

And for the art there is Daz Studio. But for HS2 I didn't played much.

Daz Studio is very easy for creating art it had many presets and all and you can easily get decent looking stuff if you're beginner without knowing much. But you need a good hardware.

From what Im saw is that Daz Studio has more assets, be them free or purchasable then HS2.
But in HS2 the facial expressions are easier to make, at least from what I experienced and what I saw the tutorials.
But of course there is the personal taste. Daz is more "real" while HS2 is "asian" or a bit of anime
Yup it's very difficult to add variety in HS2. But the renders are very fast.

Last edited:

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
About the main story which I was really wanted to work on I won't talk about it until I am able to create it and will always be under curtain for now.
300px-All_Right_Then,_Keep_Your_Secrets.jpg

Did you decided with which engine/tool you gonna create your game ?
I know nothing about DAZ. Only known a little bit of HS2 and such but everything else is new land for me.
Wouldnt you usally look for "the" engine where you got the most assets/models/mods compared to the others ?

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Daz Studio is very easy for creating art it had many presets and all and you can easily get decent looking stuff if you're beginner without knowing much. But you need a good hardware.
From what Im saw is that Daz Studio has more assets, be them free or purchasable then HS2.
But in HS2 the facial expressions are easier to make, at least from what I experienced and what I saw the tutorials.
But of course there is the personal taste. Daz is more "real" while HS2 is "asian" or a bit of anime

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
Ok, so this is it, Here ends my journey of this second Life.

I spent nearly 6 months on this site and it was actually a great experience. After joining here I learned lots of things. Usually you don't say anything about such sites but it actually changed me, for better or worse. I don't know, time will tell, but it surely made an impact on my life, my views, my personality.

Reading on different views of people, how people counter attack and all. (anne O'nymous really enjoyed your posts) Engage in conversations. All the helping nature of the members either coding or art or anything else. Spending time here really matured me, more than I was. My thinking ability and all also got an good impact.

I deleted the Daz Studio from my pc to take a break and to stop myself getting in the place where I am mentally. I may work on my script. But not sure. It's just a possibility.

About the games I played here, gave me opportunity to live lives of many people and I'm really thankful for that.

So if I have this many good things to say about this site but why I'm leaving. The answer is I can't continue more on leaving 2 lives. I'm closely looking my schedule about how I spent my time and I realised that I'm actually sspending unhealthy amount of time in here rather than my actual life. I'm falling behind in that. And it's taking a very dark turn rather than pleasing. And I don't want to regret about the time I spent here. It actually taught me many things which no other could have taught me as person.

Maybe I will come back, do occasional visits. But I need to stop. Otherwise I can't make it.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I spent nearly 6 months on this site and it was actually a great experience.
It's what matter.

[...] it actually changed me, for better or worse. I don't know, time will tell,[...]
You don't realize it, but you already know the answer.
A change that need times to be seen is always for the better, while a change for the worse is generally fast. And it's what happened to you. At first it changed you for the worse, taking too much time over what is actually important in your life... but the part of you that changed for the better noticed it and led to this decision.

I may work on my script. But not sure. It's just a possibility.
Don't force you, just let it goes as it come, while keeping what actually matter in the first place.

I wish you to finally have, one day in the future, the time to come back to this second life. You'll install Daz Studio, or whatever will have take its place, and welcome it like an old friend you missed. Then you'll also discover that all this time, your mind never really stopped to think about writing a story and making a game. All this was slowly growing in you, like a delicacy meal that need time to perfectly cook.
It's what happened to me. I started writing in my early 20, trying to make a (regular) game, and even attempted to have some erotic novels published at this time. But life and my son's birth made me focus on more important matters at this time. And now, a bit more than 25 years later, here I am, with 25 years of unconscious thinking that built my views over all this.

Maybe I will come back, do occasional visits. But I need to stop. Otherwise I can't make it.
Then stop, there's no shame on this. Life is a long journey full of attempts, and it's not because we (kind of) fail once, that we haven't learned from trying. You said it yourself, the time you spent here matured you, so you already know that it wasn't wasted times.

Good luck for your life and, since I have the strong intent to life for at least yet another half century, perhaps I'll still be here when, and if, you'll come back to this part of your life.

Deleted member 3736450

Game Developer
May 25, 2021
Hello!
Are you going to be updating your hot dating port to the next versions? Not sure if you played my game but I am interested in learning python so I can port my CGM game or transition to ren’py for future releases. Love to have a chance to discuss with you (y) and if you have decided to leave this life behind no worries:giggle:

Last edited: