Just a Question, why is the music so loud ?

visagedirect

Feb 21, 2020
Just an honest Question, why is the music so loud in all the games? I appreciate on most have volume options (in menu) but its the same any game you play (40db) when start game? just wondered why !

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Default volume on most game engines seems to be 100%.

What I *really* dislike though is where devs put sound tracks on videos that completely bypass the game engine's sound controls. Looking at renpy here. Doesn't matter what you do with the volume sliders, a sound track attached to a video plays at 100% - all the time. Even with the sound muted. It's really annoying.

Reactions: WSmith

visagedirect

Feb 21, 2020
Default volume on most game engines seems to be 100%.

What I *really* dislike though is where devs put sound tracks on videos that completely bypass the game engine's sound controls. Looking at renpy here. Doesn't matter what you do with the volume sliders, a sound track attached to a video plays at 100% - all the time. Even with the sound muted. It's really annoying.
Yep i agree, example (on my pc) i keep volume lvl 8 (it goes to max 50) watching Movies, listening to music etc, but when i open most games via renply etc (It almost blows the speakers) haha so its on volume 1 or muted haha I just wondered why thanks for reply guys

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
1. Devs are not normalizing their audio and music files. It's extremely easy. It takes like two seconds:

2. Default game volume should be around 67% IMO, that's what windows is set to after you first install it. I guess microsoft figures that's the sweet spot to create the ideal sound environment to impress their windows user; sound just being one small part of the whole first impression. It wouldn't be much of a first impression of windows if your ears were blasted and you turn the volume down immediately. This same concept applies to games IMO.

Reactions: Baka_Energy_studios