[S>Programmer] Share Just coder for your game

demen

Aug 14, 2017
Skills:
- Ren'Py
- UE4
- at last i'm work as a webdeweloper (PHP, JS, React etc.)

Preferred method of contact:
- PM me here or on Discord Demen#3287

Employment Type & Rates:
- I like to start projects from scratch so if this has the potential then sharing revenue is fine for me

Availability:
- Mostly weekends and 1-3 hours a day

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017
- - -
I used my "amazing" gimp skills to make a short demo.
Story and dialogues needs more polish so it's mostly MTL with shitty art, but I hope it's show the game concept well enough.
Still looking for 2D Artist and Writer or team to join.

I'm a writer with a 2d artist, we are currently in the very early stages of a visual novel concept if you'd be interested.

demen

Aug 14, 2017
I'm available again!

Here are some screenshots and gameplay of one of my abandoned project:
It's about a guy who had an accident and woke up in another world as a slave gladiator. The combat system is inspired by the old flash game Swords and Sandals.

2021-05-27.png 2021-05-27 (1).png

Gladiators have increased stats in this video.
The girl and MC head are not made by me, but everything else is (BGs, UI, Gladiators and their animations).
Need some polish and upgrades, but the system works very well. MC have stats like strength, agility, stamina, these stats increase MC's health, hit chance, defense chance, movement range etc. Enemies have the same level as MC but with random stats.
Yes, the fight looks bad, but I drew gladiators in paint...

Last edited:

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Are you still available? I'm an amateur fantranslator trying to translate some Japanese text-based indies. However, I have no idea how to handle the code-side of things to make the translations work.

The coder I need is someone who can code in eralang. Which you've never used before, but I'm told it's much easier to learn than most codes for experienced users. Documentation on much of the language can be found .

There is a dedicated community for the type of games I want a coder for, but that community fucking despises F95 and anything containing NTR. Even if the NTR is optional. So, I can't look to them for dependable help.

To be specific, its the very niche Era selection of games. All variants of EraKanon in some way or another. There's a thread for one variant called EraTohoK here on this site that you can look at if you want to preview what one of the games and its internal code looks like.

All variants are open-source in json with very little hard-coded. Primarily text-based, each variant is also quite light and often less than 5MB in size without graphical assets. Could probably even make your own variant/fork if the desire/inspiration hits you.

I'll send a PM as well since you say that's preferred. You can ignore this post if you'd rather continue talking through PMs.

demen

Aug 14, 2017
Yeah, i'm still available, but this is totally not my genre. Anyway, I had a look at this and i think it's easy to translate. I'll send you a DM soon with more information on how to do it.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Yeah, i'm still available, but this is totally not my genre. Anyway, I had a look at this and i think it's easy to translate. I'll send you a DM soon with more information on how to do it.
Oh, no. That's not the problem. I've actually already translated some sections of some of them already and gotten them working.

It's just that things need to be installed on top of the game and the game then needs various code conversions before translation can even begin and I want to do work on things that haven't been converted yet, or their conversion hasn't been updated in years.

There are also some games whose code is only partially finished, so there's entire chunks of features that are already made, but completely inaccessible in actual play. Wanted a coder that was willing to see if they can't finish the code for those to make it all function.

demen

Aug 14, 2017
Unfortunately, in the meantime, I sent you information about what you already know :LOL:

I have a lot of these kinds of cases in my current job. When someone writes shitty code and after updating something stops working or needs to be expanded with new functions, it took a long time to recognize what the author have in mind. In this case, everything is in Japanese, It sounds like a challenge...
But if you can give me an exact example ready to test then see if I can help you.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Unfortunately, in the meantime, I sent you information about what you already know :LOL:

I have a lot of these kinds of cases in my current job. When someone writes shitty code and after updating something stops working or needs to be expanded with new functions, it took a long time to recognize what the author have in mind. In this case, everything is in Japanese, It sounds like a challenge...
But if you can give me an exact example ready to test then see if I can help you.
I'll send examples to you in PMs since it's kind of long.