Just found a life hack to real time MTL any JP game (with non-fancy text) on PC

Afflicted Mind

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Before if I want to play JP game really bad I use image translate it with my phone, like aim the phone camera to PC screen, really shitty ergonomically.
But everything change today! Just found out that LDPlayer have the option to select screen capture as the camera when using realtime image translation
Here's what it look like, it translate pretty fast and some what make sense, it's still MTL though but don't need any software to comb through the game file or anything fancy, it just translate what it sees.
H-Game Life Hack.png
There're many good looking un-translated JP game, Imma try this on so many of them lol

Last edited:

Lyathlas

Apr 23, 2021
Woah, this seems awesome! I play a lot of japanese hentai games and sometimes i get stuck in some parts where they tell you indications in japanese, i might try this too and see how it goes!

Reactions: blackoni

blackoni

Apr 20, 2017
Can you do a walkthrough of what you did?
I have LDPlayer and downloaded the translator, but I'm lost on how to do it.

Lyathlas

Apr 23, 2021
I'm kind of lost too, i'm trying to see how it works and i fail to understand what you did to make it work ^^''

Afflicted Mind

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Right, I'll try some picture

1.Open the translator and click on "Camera"
1.png

2.This window will show up, select "Cature a screen"
2.png

3. The "Drag frame to scan QR code" window will show up, you drag this window over the part that you want translate and it'll show up on LDPlayer. You can adjust window size by draging the edge of the window. 3.png

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Use textractor with DeepL (a lot better than google translate).

Afflicted Mind

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
I tried Textractor, I use google translate extension instead, DeepL have limit error if I go through translation too fast.
Textractor work very well for RPGM game also maybe visual novel in general because it easy to hook in to dialogue, I still use the camera translate for menu and text in picture that the software doesn't pick up.
For some Unity game, like the one I show in example, Textractor can't seems to hook to anything at all also there's a lot of text box here and there, even if software pick something up you need to switch around option to be able to read, camera translate is useful in this case.

Reactions: fuck925