Just Getting Started with a Question

Archxangel

Feb 21, 2021
Hello all! I do not know if I have even made my introductions yet - I am ArchAngel (a throwback to many MMO's over the years) and stumbled into this site Through MXO a few years ago.

I am a storyteller at heart, so I love the writing aspect of VNs, DAZ is updated on my computer, and I have purchased or otherwise obtained a massive amount of assets to create the visuals (I am also an old school artist, so I love the visual aspect of what DAZ can create). All that to say that I have begun the process of creating a story and want to ask a simple question of my potential audience -

The prologue for a 12 chapter story is at about 8000 lines so far with about 300 renders (those are going slowly). Due to the story, I have sex scenes with the MC and several girls (six or so, maybe four of them the player can 'have') who will be part of the story as time goes on in the prologue. So the question is this - is it better to make the player wait for the payoff (sex with four different girls, possibly depending upon choices) to maintain interest, or is it a good idea to 'bait the hook' as it were, with sex in the introduction, and plan for the story to be interesting enough to keep the players coming back?

There is a planned achievement of AllTheGirls, which the player might have the chance for 16 girls, several of which are going to take many chapters to achieve.
So, early on, or make them wait?

(Oh, I am also not a fan of drawing out the story just to keep patrons; i.e. blueballing the audience, if that matters, so I would personally rather see sex periodically rather than build to it over a year or more of updates. Just my take on it).

Thanks for your insight - as soon as I get a little closer with the renders, I will create a thread for the game. (Maybe I should create a development thread now?)

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
If you're a storyteller by heart, go with your storytelling instincts; The sex scene will come when it's ready.

Some players will want quick sex, others get turned off by sex mindlessly thrown at them without any effort or teasing so you'll never be able to satisfy everyone hence you should satisfy the only player who matters: you.

If you're consistent with your vision and storytelling pace, some players will find it perferct for them and stay with you. Over time, as long as you continue to invest in your game, their numbers will grow.

Good luck!

Archxangel

Feb 21, 2021
Thanks. I currently have some manner of sex scene for most of the seven or so 'original' girls, the girls who the MC meets and forms relationships during University. So there is some sex with whoever is chosen (the player must select his choice of study, which then relates to the girls available), and with the administrator right off the bat. Then, eventually, sex with the rest of them if the player chooses so.

It is the game I would enjoy playing, and certainly avoids the dreaded cock tease of many stories I have read/played.