Just wanna shout out couple game ideas

KimbelFall57

May 17, 2019
I have been playing alot of games now and got smacked by a couple ideas for games but i dont know how game engines work (dont have much patience for learning), for writing stories the best i can come up with is scenes here and there but no connections and the biggest problem is i dont want the story be spoiled:whistle:.

But i hope what i'm writing down here will inspire someone to create them or something similar one day.

So 1st game: A VN game with gods and goddesess.
After playing games and watching shows about divinity i got thinking how about game where an average boy gets the change to meet the gods of greek, norse and egyptian( or someother 3rd pantheon) and perhaps become the new god to rule them all, for genre it will be standard harem and a mention about NTR, it will not be regular ntr but the mc have the choice to steal anothers wife( not the "sex right in your face bitch" but the sneaking and in the end the husband accept it)

The 2nd game: A kingdom managment game.
Played some managment game inspired me about manage a kingdom and maintain romance game, the mc will be the young prince who have to protect the kingdom with his family who governs respective area like military, economy, magic study etc. Genre will also be harem but also incest, of course it will be a non-incest option.

For art style prefer koikatsu cus i'm a weeb deal with it:cool:.

And those are my ideas, it maybe will catch no ones eyes or someone says "Make it yourself!" but thats fine atleast i got it out of my head, thanks for reading(y).

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
Most developers aren't looking for "ideas people", so if you want to your ideas to appear in a game you'll have to do it yourself. I'll give some feedback anyway.

So 1st game: A VN game with gods and goddesess.
After playing games and watching shows about divinity i got thinking how about game where an average boy gets the change to meet the gods of greek, norse and egyptian( or someother 3rd pantheon) and perhaps become the new god to rule them all, for genre it will be standard harem and a mention about NTR, it will not be regular ntr but the mc have the choice to steal anothers wife( not the "sex right in your face bitch" but the sneaking and in the end the husband accept it)
Why would there be any need for another god as supreme ruler, they all have chief gods of their own? There should also be a reason for those pantheons to interact at all, preferably a better reason than the fact that all three of them appeared in Age of Mythology. Having an "average boy" as the MC doesn't add much to the experience at all except for making the aspect of the plot being a power fantasy really blatant. If you really must have another male MC, why not go for one who is strong, smart or attractive enough to pull off the cheating?

Your idea could be improved by having the focus on only one pantheon and it would be lot more original to use another pantheon, like the Vedic, Slavic, Semitic or an American pantheon. You could have a trickster god or another powerful trickster figure as the MC.

KimbelFall57

May 17, 2019
Most developers aren't looking for "ideas people", so if you want to your ideas to appear in a game you'll have to do it yourself. I'll give some feedback anyway.

Why would there be any need for another god as supreme ruler, they all have chief gods of their own? There should also be a reason for those pantheons to interact at all, preferably a better reason than the fact that all three of them appeared in Age of Mythology. Having an "average boy" as the MC doesn't add much to the experience at all except for making the aspect of the plot being a power fantasy really blatant. If you really must have another male MC, why not go for one who is strong, smart or attractive enough to pull off the cheating?

Your idea could be improved by having the focus on only one pantheon and it would be lot more original to use another pantheon, like the Vedic, Slavic, Semitic or an American pantheon. You could have a trickster god or another powerful trickster figure as the MC.
Thanks for the feedback, as you said i could try and do it myself (shut up thanos), but as listed patience, swirling storytelling and SPOILERS( even though i'm the writer:ROFLMAO:) is the problems for me, i want to be suprised and enjoy something that i had minimal touch in, i know i'm weird tehe.

About the god game, this is the simple outcast, for details it could be the mc is a tricky one thats how he gets so many gods on his side but not evil like that would be the antoganist, Loki perhaps? I thought at the start just one pantheon but theres not many women in one pantheon( at least famous ones that everybody knows) and i thought with different groups ther would be rivalry, intrigue and funny moments. But the reason why the different divines meet is because they are arguing who will rein supreme for the next millenia where the mc drops/sneak in. But if it would be to convuluted we can only use greek and norse( .....i wanted cat eared egyptians:cry:)

Again thanks for reading and feedback(y)

tdree

Nov 16, 2017
Why not combine these ideas into one? For example you can make the ruling dynasty from 2nd scenario mage kings and make ascension via magic a late game option.

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
The problem is that, just like you, everyone has 1 or more ideas of their own, which they would like to see in a game. However, only a small handfull of people can actually put those ideas into a game, which means we have an issue of supply & demand, cause there are far more ideas than games to use them, hence there is an over-supply of ideas and an under-supply of games. Long story short: We have too many ideas and too few people to use them.
I am working on a game of my own, and I have at least 5-10 more ideas for games I would like to make, but I simply don't have the time nor the resources to make them.

Your ideas are extremely bare-bones and not very original to be honest. Nothing wrong with not being original (my own game is far from original) but it lowers the value of your ideas even more, cause they don't stand out amongst the massive flood of ideas people are throwing around.
If you really want your ideas to become a reality, you will most likely have to either make the games yourself, or pay someone else to make them for you. The likelyhood of someone actually using these ideas you pitched are basically 0%. I don't want to sound cruel or heartless (although I probably failed terribly at that) I just want to state the reality of things.

Don't get me wrong, I get where you are coming from: You have dreams and you just want to see them happen. Problem is that we live in a harsh world and you have to rely on others to make your dreams come true, and we live in a world where people are very much selfish.
Go out and make your dreams happen on your own: Learn to use Ren'py, or Tyranobuilder. Learn to use Daz or Koikatsu, or pay an artist to make art. If you can't afford art, make a text-based game, maybe use that to pull people to Patreon and get the money you need to make the actual art.

Hope I haven't made you too sad, cause that's not what I intended. I am just saying, there is almost no chance that your ideas will ever get realised, unless YOU make it happen. In any case, good day to you.

KimbelFall57

May 17, 2019
The problem is that, just like you, everyone has 1 or more ideas of their own, which they would like to see in a game. However, only a small handfull of people can actually put those ideas into a game, which means we have an issue of supply & demand, cause there are far more ideas than games to use them, hence there is an over-supply of ideas and an under-supply of games. Long story short: We have too many ideas and too few people to use them.
I am working on a game of my own, and I have at least 5-10 more ideas for games I would like to make, but I simply don't have the time nor the resources to make them.

Your ideas are extremely bare-bones and not very original to be honest. Nothing wrong with not being original (my own game is far from original) but it lowers the value of your ideas even more, cause they don't stand out amongst the massive flood of ideas people are throwing around.
If you really want your ideas to become a reality, you will most likely have to either make the games yourself, or pay someone else to make them for you. The likelyhood of someone actually using these ideas you pitched are basically 0%. I don't want to sound cruel or heartless (although I probably failed terribly at that) I just want to state the reality of things.

Don't get me wrong, I get where you are coming from: You have dreams and you just want to see them happen. Problem is that we live in a harsh world and you have to rely on others to make your dreams come true, and we live in a world where people are very much selfish.
Go out and make your dreams happen on your own: Learn to use Ren'py, or Tyranobuilder. Learn to use Daz or Koikatsu, or pay an artist to make art. If you can't afford art, make a text-based game, maybe use that to pull people to Patreon and get the money you need to make the actual art.

Hope I haven't made you too sad, cause that's not what I intended. I am just saying, there is almost no chance that your ideas will ever get realised, unless YOU make it happen. In any case, good day to you.
Thanks for reading, yeah i know everything is not that easy i mostly wrote out these ideas just to get them out;).
It actually feels alot lighter now:giggle:. Can consider this the first step of realising them.