Tool K-AVT v0.2 Automatic translation of any game based on image analysis.

Are you interested in the further development of this tool?

• Yes

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

K-RT

Apr 7, 2020
Hello community, first of all I apologize for my English, it is not my native language (ironic considering what this post is about) and also if I am breaking any rules, this is my first post.

I want to share with you a program that I have been developing to be able to play games that have not yet been translated. I have named it "K-AVT". For now it is only a proof of concept. I invite you to watch a video (poorly edited) to see how it works:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The program uses image recognition and analysis to extract characters, transform them into sentences and then run a translation. It works on any game as it is based on capturing what is displayed on the screen and not intervening in the code. The program has several options. Even an automatic mode where the system automatically detects changes on the screen and translates them.

Currently supports 2 OCR (character recognition algorithms) for Japanese language. It also supports two automatic translators; Google Translate (...mmm bad) and DeepL (very very good).

Much more information can be found on the project and . I am launching the project as Open Source for anyone who wants to collaborate. Here are the download links for the executable version. Anyway I recommend you to go through the web and/or github to learn how to use it and its limitations:

The program is not intended to replace the excellent work of the translation groups. But to be a support tool to play those games that I doubt will receive a translation. I have many ideas for improving the system. This is just a proof of concept. My background is as a data scientist... so I know about this. I look forward to receiving feedback from you on this post!

PS: so far the performance I have obtained from the tool, especially using as a translator, is really amazing !

Reactions: jaden_yuki