astutejoe

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Excellent game!
I played it for a couple of hours, but I can't "fly" around the gates where I need a key (after jumping over the columns)

What I liked:
- excellent textures
- gorgeous models
- perfect atmosphere (though a bit dark, a "gamma" slider in settings is all the audience needs)

What you may want to improve:
- even playing on "story mode" (which is excellently balanced in terms of combat difficulty) I am having hard time following the level design and the actual quests. I know I might be dumb, but a help here or there can do miracles. For example I nearly gave up on the first struggle - the barrels that need tumbling. In fact if I have not came purposely closer to the wall, the help voice over would not come (I was there 3-4 times already without the help prompt).
- jump/move mechanics: for a game where you expect the player to be precise, the huge jumpsteps when moving slightly are annoying at best. I am using a keyboard, and perhaps a joypad would help, but anyway - its a bit challenging and even after quite a while, I am still not very good at it.

I am going to closely monitor your progress, as this is one of the best examples of a thought-trough idea, where adult content is not a main point, yet its implemented well. I am yet to encounter an actual sex scene in the game, but after seeing the adult gallery, I see you are going strong for such an early demo.

Thanks to the devs, uploaders and all involved in making this available to us.
Thank you very much for your time and appreciation ;)

We have a new combat system that should help a little bit with the fluidness of combat and overall balance, it's a work in progress though, our programming is keeping pace with the rest of the game development so we should have a complete, bugless balanced system when our whole development finishes.

astutejoe

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
That's good to hear. :)

Could anything be done to change the need for account elevation? I typically install games in `D:\Apps\Games\`. Which is obviously not a protected folder. I assume then the launcher needs to write to `C:\ProgramData\`. Could the launcher be changed to use the user appdata folder? IE `C:\Users\<username>\AppData\`.
That's a very good and valid tip actually, we definitely could use the AppData folder to store the actual game, removing the privileged requirements.
That would make it less straightforward though, and we would need to make an actual uninstaller.
With our current structure, the user knows exactly where everything is and how to delete or move it.
If I'm not wrong the only thing going to AppData right now are saved information (save games and customization), which is the default behaviour of the Unreal Engine game save system. It also prevents the launcher from deleting your saves while updating the game.
I think we're in a kind of tradeoff zone that deploying development resources in it would just change rather than improve. Anyone is welcome to monitor the game communication with the internet, it's probably just with Patreon to verify patronages and maybe Unreal through the crash report functionality.
Sorry about the delay on this reply by the way, it's easter in Canada :p

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
"potential" that's not an excuse for bloatware. it's like justifying rape cuz you had a boner. make no sense.

astutejoe

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
"potential" that's not an excuse for bloatware. it's like justifying rape cuz you had a boner. make no sense.
Unfortunately, there's no such thing as memory optimization in UE :) We could try optimizing the level design but I don't think there's anything to optimize for the quality we thrive. I appreciate your concerns, though, I do believe that calling it bloatware doesn't make justice.

fuckyouassholes

Nov 27, 2018
Thank you very much for your time and appreciation ;)

We have a new combat system that should help a little bit with the fluidness of combat and overall balance, it's a work in progress though, our programming is keeping pace with the rest of the game development so we should have a complete, bugless balanced system when our whole development finishes.
Version 0.6.4 will become public next week, as we make the final touches to release 0.7 for the patrons =)

Hi Game Devs !

first of all, i'm a big fan of UE4, so i am a big fan of this game !

second, i really love your work, this game seems different and quite unique !

can't wait to dive in ! superb

i have just the one question.

I want to ask, how long is the game planned to be ?

let us know if you'r comfortable sharing this with us !

thank you for making as awesome adult game on UE4 !

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
Unfortunately, there's no such thing as memory optimization in UE :) We could try optimizing the level design but I don't think there's anything to optimize for the quality we thrive. I appreciate your concerns, though, I do believe that calling it bloatware doesn't make justice.
i wasnt talking about memory,i was talking about space.

astutejoe

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
i wasnt talking about memory,i was talking about space.
That one deserves some love indeed! Unfortunately, though, we need to decide between implementing new features/fixing bugs and deleting assets that aren't being used :( Not only that but even for assets that aren't being used right now, as the game is still in development, those assets might be used in the future.

Upon full release we might get to the point of cutting the slack and reducing the download size, sorry about that :(

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Version 0.6, with the checkpoint system, dungeon and combat improvements is now available for EVERYONE!

You can read the details here:

And download the launcher here:

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Hi Game Devs !

first of all, i'm a big fan of UE4, so i am a big fan of this game !

second, i really love your work, this game seems different and quite unique !

can't wait to dive in ! superb

i have just the one question.

I want to ask, how long is the game planned to be ?

let us know if you'r comfortable sharing this with us !

thank you for making as awesome adult game on UE4 !
Once the game is fully done.. I'm not really sure, but it's possible to be dozens and dozens of hours of gameplay. We want to introduce a faction system, exploration of the world, dungeons and tons of contents that will attract not only the people interested in the erotic side of the project but also on the general RPG. Also the immersion of playing a vampire on a fantastic medieval world. But it might take at least two years to completely finish to do everything, which is a normal time when developing an open world game. The thing is: people that pledge us have a direct influence over the shape of the final game. Because we make polls and a lot of discussions to about where we are going and to gather feedback. And the more people pledge us, the faster and better we can develop the game, since we can hire freelances more often.

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Updated OP to v0.6.4.

@astutejoe Downloading from scratch through the launcher took a long time for me this time. Download speed was all over the place. It could be at 9MB/s for a few minutes, then go down to 50KB/s for another few minutes. Took me about an hour to download everything from scratch, and I have a 500mbit connection ^^ I suspect this is because of all the small files it's downloading? If so, is there a way for you to compress all the small files, then have the launcher itself extract them after downloading? Or if the launcher don't see an old version, have it download the whole game as compressed, then extract it? I don't think I had the same issues with download speeds when I downloaded 0.5.1 btw.

Thumbs up for 21:9 support! (y) Menu and cutscenes are 16:9, but it's the game that matters

Reactions: DrackDrap
3.30 star(s) 41 Votes