Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
torrent link?
At the moment, the only official way we have to download the game is through the launcher

Updated OP to v0.6.4.

@astutejoe Downloading from scratch through the launcher took a long time for me this time. Download speed was all over the place. It could be at 9MB/s for a few minutes, then go down to 50KB/s for another few minutes. Took me about an hour to download everything from scratch, and I have a 500mbit connection ^^ I suspect this is because of all the small files it's downloading? If so, is there a way for you to compress all the small files, then have the launcher itself extract them after downloading? Or if the launcher don't see an old version, have it download the whole game as compressed, then extract it? I don't think I had the same issues with download speeds when I downloaded 0.5.1 btw.

Thumbs up for 21:9 support! (y) Menu and cutscenes are 16:9, but it's the game that matters
Hmm could be the small files or maybe also the fact that we released the 6.4 for public yesterday, so there might be a lot of people using the bandwidth at the moment. We will improve the launcher eventually, but at this moment Joe is having to balance his time working on his daytime job and making new features for the game. Since we have a long way to go until the whole RPG framework is complete, and the launcher is stable and his most essential functionalities are working, it might take a while for us to update it again.

Reactions: CLDꝜ

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
torrent link?
I don't have a seedbox at the moment, so I won't create torrents for games. Maybe someone else will do that later, but I wouldn't bet on it. This version has 7 mirrors in total, so you should be able to find one with decent speed.

Hmm could be the small files or maybe also the fact that we released the 6.4 for public yesterday, so there might be a lot of people using the bandwidth at the moment. We will improve the launcher eventually, but at this moment Joe is having to balance his time working on his daytime job and making new features for the game. Since we have a long way to go until the whole RPG framework is complete, and the launcher is stable and his most essential functionalities are working, it might take a while for us to update it again.
It's possible. The way it was slowly building up speed when downloading, then suddenly dropping to 50KB/s made me suspect it was the files, and not high bandwidth usage. I'm sure the launcher still works great for updating. I just had to re-download the whole game, as I moved over to Linux, and are using a Windows VM to play games. Most of us have dayjobs and families to take care off. Not expecting any super quick fixes to anything ^^ It was meant as a report and a suggestion for the future:)

Does this game only demo again ?
Read the changelog in OP, and compare with the last version you played. It's still far from a full game though. I suggest you skip a few versions if you played 0.5.1 and want a lot more gameplay, as it's still only the one dungeon, although it's been changed a bit from 0.5.1

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
This is how our servers are looking right now, just for the sake of transparency, I'm sorry for any slowdowns, the update is being heavily downloaded!!!
View attachment 299646
Well, that's quite a bit of bandwidth usage ^^ Good thing for f95zone users that the mirrors here have several terabits of bandwidth available! :sneaky:
Not sure if you care or not, but you are revealing your gmail address and real name in that screenshot. Might want to cut it a little;)

Reactions: filochard

astutejoe

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Well, that's quite a bit of bandwidth usage ^^ Good thing for f95zone users that the mirrors here have several terabits of bandwidth available! :sneaky:
Not sure if you care or not, but you are revealing your gmail address and real name in that screenshot. Might want to cut it a little;)
YOLO AUhauahu
Just google my nick:

• Haha
Reactions: CLDꝜ

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
This is a great visual experience and it moves and plays like an adventure game, but right now it is a bit quirky. When attacking, if I hit Mist mode, I am no longer able to swing the sword. Also, the inventory system is wonky as I pulled a magical sword from my inventory and dropped it on my character and then it vanished. I eventually figured out how to arm it, but I was annoyed I had to go all the way through the startup procedure to get back to that spot. There is also no way to go back and restart without having to exit out of the game completely and then wait as the game boots up again.

Regardless, there has been a crap ton of work put into this game and it is appreciated, but I am going to wait until the bugs have been worked out before I try it again.

Reactions: Sef

KeinBa

Sep 26, 2017
Good graphics.It takes some time to get used to game mechanics(combat mechanics) Maybe i'll support this with my patches since the size is quite big. Just tried to create a patch from v0.5.1 to v.0.6.4 , it's around 1.1 GB. Waiting for the new version now

stonedmonk

Feb 7, 2018
While visually it looks great, the combat is completely awful. It even breaks to the point you cant attack, just stand there and let whatever is killing you kill you.

Maddinsen

May 10, 2017
So i have the problem that the game goes no further then the black and red logo when starting, is there any solution to that?

Zomb1e13

Aug 26, 2018
So i have the problem that the game goes no further then the black and red logo when starting, is there any solution to that?
I had this issue as well and what worked for me was using the launcher to repair the game files and afterwards it downloaded a small update and it's working mostly correctly now.

Reactions: Maddinsen

KeinBa

Sep 26, 2017
it takes time to load..

While visually it looks great, the combat is completely awful. It even breaks to the point you cant attack, just stand there and let whatever is killing you kill you.
Yeah. It would be awesome if we had a dodge ability like this in the game.Of course, the attack animation also needs improvement

Reactions: Kalyskah

lord74123

Oct 10, 2017
How much content is in it I really am getting pissed off dling these games that takes 20 minutes to a hour if that to only get blue balled.

Case and point the Sarah's Life or whatever HOLY SHIT that pissed me off played all that shit for a foreplay fest.
it is true game not responding i dont know how much have to wait

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
it is true game not responding i dont know how much have to wait
If you're stuck on the loading screen before you get to the main menu, try waiting a couple of minutes (takes ~30 seconds on my computer for it to start) If that don't work, try following @Zomb1e13's suggestion to repair the game using the launcher.

Machcia

Oct 16, 2017
Another game in style of Breeders of Nephilim, in way that I cannot do everything as the game is permanently frozen and only way to actually interact is by alt tabbing. Click options> Alt Tab. Otherwise the game doesn't seem to register on the screen, it's super fucking weird.

Maddinsen

May 10, 2017
I had that bug where you can't attack to, just open and close the char or inv screen, that helped me. And the combat take a while to get used to but i really like it, focus your target with q and watch where they are going to hit you so you can block

3.30 star(s) 41 Votes