Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
KG_SM_Cover.jpg

Overview:
In-game mod for Karlsson's Gambit
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, in-game walkthough guide, custom settings, custom fonts and much more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v7b ***
Another massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development
Note: If you run this on a potato system then it's likely to bake it. It's highly recommended that you initiate via a dedicated GPU.

Season 1 Notes:
IMPORTANT!
: Please read the post here regarding Season 1 save export/import. (Dev team resolved via v0.7b)
IMPORTANT!: (yep, another one) If using the "official" compressed VN then you MUST read and follow the directions
in the post found here. Once the dev team resolves the issue I'll remove this note.

I personally recommend the properly created compressed version found here.
If this one is used then you do not have to perform the above noted file deletions. It's plug and play.

Season 2 Notes:
The VN is a testing build, please do not consider it a final version of Episode 8.​

Updated: 03/01/2024
Game/Creator: Karlsson's Gambit / Grym Gudinna Games -
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: S1 v0.7B & S2 v0.8.1FinalA
Game Version: S1 v0.7B & S2 v0.8.1FinalA
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split
  • Too many new features to list (see FAQ below for even more features implemented in the latest Core) .
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

( Preview Pics are of an older build v0.5b )
SanchoMod GUI/Features
KG SM 002a.jpg KG SM 002b.jpg KG SM 002c.jpg KG SM 002d.jpg KG SM 002e.jpg KG SM 002j.jpg
KG SM 002f.jpg KG SM 002g.jpg KG SM 002h.jpg KG SM 002i.jpg
Dynamic ChoiceGuide
KG SM 002k.jpg KG SM 002l.jpg
KG SM 002m.jpg KG SM 002n.jpg KG SM 002o.jpg KG SM 002p.jpg
(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
OTR D01a.jpg

If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

For those few scrub code bandits, please see the fine print below.
Special note to a couple wanna-be hack "modders" out there: I know you're stealing my code for your personal monetary gain. Keep it up and I'll call you out publicly with ample evidence.
Always give credit to the rightful creator, show respect, and don't get your hand stuck in the cookie jar.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Reserved for pending FAQ

(Core mod update 05-2023)
The main newest feature sets within the mod (for those already accustomed to SanchoMod) are the following:
  1. SanchoDiaBox toggle (found in the Options screen). Seamlessly changes from OEM dialogue box to SanchoMod custom. New bonus feature - adjust dialogue font size and dialogue box opacity while in game via [Alt+(ArrowKeys)].
  2. QuickMenu alignment (found in the Options screen). New bonus feature - The alignment changes dynamically depending on whether the OEM or Sancho dialogue box is on screen.
  3. SaveDescription toggle (found in the Options screen)
  4. SanchoAlerts (isolated custom notifications that are completely separated from RenPy's default notifications, toggled on/off along with the normal ChoiceGuide). New bonus feature - now receive alerts of potential scene/path splits as save marker points.
  5. SanchoGallery (improved efficiency and handling of isolated gallery, isolated MC renaming, improved start and ending screen transitions and more). New bonus feature - The "SanchoMod Menu" opacity slider (that normally controls the opacity of the MiniStat screen in-game) now controls the dialogue box opacity while in a scene replay. When back in-game it switches back to it's default of adjusting the MiniStat screen opacity. New bonus feature - Scene filters by character and/or scene type available as desired.
  6. SanchoCheats (found via the Options screen). Professionally and properly coded cheats that are rock-solid, including a reset button for stat changes that works intuitively and correctly every time. You asked for it, you got it...cheater. New bonus feature - alt character renaming, deep-rooted (pending).
  7. SanchoHotKeys (in-game only). New Feature! Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots)
  8. QM HoverMode (found in the Options screen). Additional QuickMenu customization that can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  9. HotKey "S" Toggle (found in SanchoCheats) (it looked out of place in SanchoOptions where it really needs to be), works in real-time while in-game with no restart required. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T". While in the "T" variant the user can take RenPy screenshots with the individual "S" key as well as the other multi-key assignments. This feature toggle is saved on a per-save file basis (it will always default to "S" when starting a new game so will have to be set to "T" each new game if that's the preference of the Player. When loading a save where it was previously set to "T" then it will be loaded as such).
  10. CriticalPath Popup Screen (in-game only). During critical points in conditionals behind the scenes (in the dev's code) provides you a popup that allows you to change important story scenarios on a case-by-case basis. Only populates if the ChoiceGuide is enabled.
  11. SanchoMod Volume Control (found in Preferences). Controls most of the sounds introduced by the mod separately from the VN's mixer.
  12. SanchoAutoSave (found on Save/Load Page 69). Episode/Chapter specific auto saves in one location, easily accessible by the Page menu.
  13. Sancho's dynamic Mini-Stat K-Level progress data during selective evaluation events.
I'll address each and other VN specific features in detail in this post as needed. I'll update this post periodically with those details and deep-dive into explanations if necessary.

Until then please enjoy and please consider leaving a review, a vote, or both. I'll never ask you for your "donation", I only ask for your appreciation if you enjoy my work. Best regards to you and yours.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Known Issues (issues known but not yet resolved):
  • Currently N/A
Resolved Issues (issues fixed and currently pending next mod update pushed to upload):
  • Currently N/A
Added Features (newest features added in the last maintenance updates):
  • Currently N/A
Pending Features (features coded in and currently pending next mod update being push to upload):
  • Currently N/A

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Here's a potential aesthetic change to stats screen. Let me know if this is preferred over the current that uses the game's default color scheme. Regards.

KG SM Stat 03.jpg

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Until I finish the other updates and upload a complete mod revision, if you experience the following menu choice text cutoff then DL the attached and place the contents in the "game" folder.

Problem w/ menu text cutoff (at top):
KG SM QF01.jpg

Corrected menu text with the attached:
KG SM QF02.jpg

I will have the fix included in the next mod update. Regards.

Reactions: SubFork and Xyyy

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
From post in VN thread: " SanchoMod will be updated soon (the VN update just dropped, ya gotta give me a bit to read through all the scripting once my download completes). Since I'm guessing you folks will get impatient waiting, I'll likely just update the current mod first then work on porting the new SanchoMod core over later. Porting it over and updating will likely take longer than y'all care to wait. "

I'll post subsequent updates in this thread. Regards.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes