RPGM - Completed - Karma Rain [Final] [Tail Aki]

1. 5.00 star(s)

sfoMMA85

Hot little dark NTR story. The scenes and art is very good, the story telling is short but very well done as well. Its not a huge game, but we have enough games that want to be huge and end up beeing short, hallow and generic on ervery aspect. This game does it vice versa. Its short but with a lot of details and delivers in every aspect. Great gem of a game for the NTR genre.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Rastafoo

DEFLORATION NTR! That's an automatic four star in my book, so the real question is; why not five stars? The answer is, because the plot twist was predictable and the protagonist (Rain) behaves like a beta male. Ironically enough I ended up liking the antagonist more. The waifu is gorgeous and sexy as hell, of course. I'd give it 5 stars either for impregnation or a well written protagonist; since it has neither I'm capping it at 4 stars.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

NeZKyMaN

A short and simple game for NTR fans.

+ I like the atmosphere that prevails in the game, or rather the very fact that it easily introduces us to the proposed content;
    + the visual line is good enough to appeal to me;
    + the main female character is charming;
    + the erotic scenes are well presented, besides, despite the lack of animation it has sections responsible for expanding the scene.

(+/-) the story may not be any impressive, but on the other hand it fits the simple formula of the game itself (with NTR games but also not only, you have to get used to the fact that certain assumptions are a bit frivolous, after all, it's just a game).
    (+/-) While the game's ending scenes themselves are cool, I understand that some may feel a little disappointed that as players they didn't have much influence on what happened in the game itself and even this "good ending" has a bittersweet aftertaste.

- I like the RPG-M engine, despite the fact that it is already old it allows you to introduce a lot of really interesting mechanics into the game. I did not expect from this title god knows what, but "Karma Rain" really makes little use of the possibilities of the engine, in fact, no interesting ideas for diversifying the gameplay have been used here at least a little and that's a shame.

Conclusion:
    The game only for fans of the NTR category, everyone else has nothing to look for here. It is not an ambitious title in any sense of the word, it is simply too undeveloped, short and simple. However! if you are looking for a simple NTR game and you have an hour of free time - and you like dramatic flavors, I think you will spend a few pleasant moments with it. However, not too high expectations, this game is unlikely to stay in your memory for long, despite the fact that the atmosphere really has potential and appealed to me, enough to save the game in my opinion from the rating of 3/5 ;-)

PS: Yes, I value climate in games so highly, I know my weakness in this aspect.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

JacarandaSun

The art is solid, good art is always a plus and can usually carry any game to be average. I'm fine with NTR (otherwise why play an NTR game), but to have a completely head over heels lovesick girl raped into full blown consensual NTR in just a couple days makes no sense, even for an NTR game. Plus the pacing is way off. It goes from raping a virgin to her willingly giving a blowjob with no concern for the previous rape. If you're going to start off with rape you need to go just one step down at a time, not jump down the entire flight of stairs. My disbelief can only be suspended so much. Don't try to write a serious story if you're just going to leap over logic. Additionally why on Earth would MC leave his fiancé alone with a man who entered his home unwelcomed, strikes fear into his fiancé upon first meeting, wanted to kill his fiancé five years prior, and is on horrible terms with MC among other things. Rape and NTR is entirely unavoidable, even in the good route. There is no reason to have a good route in a game with this story direction, it should fully be NTR. Inclusion of a good route with how this story goes is absurd.

I know I just put it on blast but it is an average 3/5 since everything in this game, except for the asinine story and piss poor pacing (goes from 0 to 100 really quick), is pretty good despite the lack of any real gameplay (you just kinda walk around between text dumps and h-scenes). Plus an elf girl without absurd body proportions is a massive plus. It is short enough that most people will not be involved enough to care about the story and honestly, it is worth an hour of your time if you're into NTR.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Yoru13

This game has NTR. If you don't like the tag, don't play it.

I really enjoyed this game because it's short and sweet but has enough going on in it. There's no confusing gameplay mechanic, big map to explore and get lost in, or any of the annoying things that can come with a typical rpg game. It gets straight to the point.

My only big con is that they really make you care about the main character. I enjoy NTR cause the main guy who is being cheated on is usually an NPC and I only care about the girl and if the erotic scenes are hot. Not the case here, but still an enjoyable experience with the 2 endings.

The story is pretty good imo and the scenes are good. Wish there was moaning audio, but the text and art is good. There is also a "good" ending to it, but the NTR is unavoidable, even in that route. I highly suggest you attempt to get all recollection points because you can view both endings in 1 playthrough.

Overall, I personally enjoyed it.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

ScionOfGoldenFlame

Given the mixed reviews, I was hesitant to try this game. But for an hour of my time, hot damn, am I glad I did.

Its a netorare game, and no, its not avoidable. Still, NTR comes in a lot of flavours. Given that this game was about elves, you certainly expect it to be a certain kind. Which is to say, it falls into the main field of the fetish of the MC's girl getting fucked, succumbing to pleasure, and just cucking the MC. Its great for a wank, and plays with the core NTR themes in a way that is as erotic as possible.

This is not that kind of game. I didn't even get off to it. Heck, I didn't even get aroused by it. Its just a plain 'ol good story, if rather depressing. By the time the credits rolled, I was getting a little misty-eyed. The characters are actually really good, for H-game standards at least. The gameplay is simple, linear, and easy to get through, and the art is above average.

There isn't really all that much to disect, but for an hour long experience, if you can stomach the themes, I highly reccomend it.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

cowboyunderpants

To start off reading these other reviews I feel the need to point out that rating a game based on your personal opinion on the subject matter of the game and not the quality of how it presents that content is disenguine and should be heavily criticized.

Just because you personally don't like the particular fetish a piece decides to explore doesn't make the piece of work bad. That's just you being childish. If you are too turned off by the direction the plot goes in or find it personally offensive you should refrain from rating/reviewing and just say "not for me".

Now with that said.
    This game is mostly "okay".

The art is good but sparse. Quality of art is consistent and does a decent job of keeping things fresh, and I give particular praise to how expressive the heroine is through each scene.

Gameplay is simple but not really explained. You have to use recollection points to view memories of the MC and FMC's past and those prompt a dialogue where once you select the appropriate response refunds you the point spent on viewing the memory. Neat system with potential specifically in the NTR genre since its a common trope for the hero to revisit scenes in the past to reveal what really happened.

The story is pretty mid and takes itself somewhat seriously, which can be forgiven since it does enhance the severity of the betrayal which if you are into full blown NTR is a plus. This is a NTR title, full netorare. So be warned. My only major complaint with the story is that its too short and progresses too quickly. Opens up with a rape scene which standard fair is something that is at least built up to as the villain conditions the FMC to get her guard down. H-content goes from zero to one-hundred and really could been paced a bit slower to a more gradual pace.

All in all the game does what it wanted to fairly well, with the only big problem being its lack of length, which could be for some a plus. If you are into netorare content this one is a solid addition to the library.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Frumi

Karma Rain - Final

EDIT 2 (from 31-01.2023): Okay, the uploader/translator was so kind to provide a version with the missing additional postgame content today, and i will be fair and add a positive little "bonus" to my >Ending< section of the review to read.
    ------------------
    EDIT 1: I'm editing my first words here to quickly clarify something for those reading my review. I will keep it short and simple, but it seems like it's necessary to understand my review.
    Because the problem starts already with the advertising for the game/product:
    I knew it was full NTR and although I usually like my NTR optional or in a separate route, i played it. I tried it and thought I knew what I was getting into.
    Now let's see how it is advertised:
    ~~~~~~~ From DLsite (but of course here on F95 too) ~~~~~~~
    * Overview
    A short-length fantasy NTR/cuckoldry RPG.
    - Has two endings.
    - Reminiscence system
    You can recall memories at a particular place.
    When unlocking all memories...
    - Especially recommended for those who have a thing for serious and melancholic NTR.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Let's say you buy this game with these expectations. Would you expect to be met with a blackmail and rape fest from 0 to 100, scene after scene like a bombardment? I'd guess no, right? It's not tagged as blackmail or rape on DLsite. I'm not 100% sure, if they even have a blackmail tag, what they do have though is a rape tag. It's only tagged here in the forum as rape but is missing the blackmail (date: 28.01.2023), and still, with the backstory the game offers you it could also just have been a rape scene from the past before they lived together or something like that.
    With that said, review or not, i'd be pissed if i would have bought this when my expectations where build on what was advertised. The build up of the first half of the game went really well and I expected the NTR with his partner, but not like...this. I hope this gets my point through, if not... well, then i can't do anything about it. The rest of my "review" still stands.
    ------------------
    Story: 4/10

Both, MC and GF keep secrets from each other, which gives the NTR guy everything he needs to rape GF and blackmail her with it.
    An avoidable route could have made this a lot better. To be fair, NTR scenes, the whole rape scenes and the dumb decisions/bahaviors of the MC and GF aside, the story itself would have been actually really nice, honestly.
    Yes, I know some situations are necessary to initiate the hentai scenes, but dumb decisions like:
    1 ~ Opening the room door at night before asking (and waiting for an answer) who is behind it when there is a "stranger" in the house... Then why lock the door at all?
    2 ~ Not screaming or resisting when she's being raped...
    3 ~ Not telling your loved one the truth after a rape...Her reasoning for this made just no sense.

Is this really the best the developer can come up with? And that's just 3 examples.
    Point 3 in particular makes no sense to me at all. She was raped, but her biggest concern was keeping it a secret from MC that she had lost her virginity, how long does she think that she can keep this a secret? As if MC would never find out about this, but yeah okay... And this "secret" is btw the big reason what NTR guy used to blackmail her. Sooo, losing her virginity is her big concern? But letting herself get blackmailed into getting raped again and again and again afterwards is a better solution?
    Realtalk: I don't expect reality or traumatized rape victims in a H game, but if she had told MC about it, which would have been commonsense, he could have helped and they could have solved this together, MC would have understood that it was not her fault. Normally, the NTR guy should have been worried about keeping this a secret, not her.

Art: 9/10
    For a short RPG maker game, I really liked the look of the characters. CGs were also okay.

The Endings: 3/10
    3 points for the bad ending. After seeing the "true ending", I have to say that the bad ending is much better. In that case, the girlfriend would at least be gone from his life, that alone makes it better than the true ending. If a rapist makes her happy after all he did to her and she's okay with seriously hurting the person who she claimed to have feeling for, then... who am I to complain.
    But seriously... How can the dev even call this "true ending", as he said it in the end, a lovely ending? Just because they fucked in the end? If this is really your idea of a lovely ending, then... yeah, have fun, I guess...
    Basically, MC sees only himself at fault (even though they both made mistakes, GF makes more than him, in my opinion), he punches NTR guy, then he gets his GF back, fucks her immediately for his sloppy seconds and that's supposed to be the true ending? I think, fucking her in the end + the fact that MC only sees himself at fault and forgives her for everything as if nothing happened is just absurd. All together it's like he's rewarding her for her wrongdoings without any consequences. He doesn't even try to do something first to get their broken trust level to each other on the same level again.
    But the worst part is: The NTR guy only lost a couple of teeth in the process (4 total, it seems) and, yeah, that's it. Not only did he basically rob the girl of all her dignity and had his way with her in all possible ways and ruining her life, no, they even let him go just like that. you don't really have to guess who the real winner in the "true end" is, while MC finally found his courage to fuck his "Secondhand Onahole Girlfriend". Is that really a lovely end? Decide for yourself, but i press X to doubt.
    ------------------
    Edit 2: With the version provided today, I have to admit that the "true ending" has at least ONE positive aspect in terms of postgame content.
    You (aka the MC "Rain") can at least play with the little version of Aisha in kind of an "Extra Mode" after clearing the story now, claim her virginity for yourself and really have a nice "game" minus the whole story afterwards. Don't get me wrong, all my critique still stands, it's still sad her adult form is ruined in the main game but now you have at least something from Aisha to enjoy after all the things you had to endure to even get here. And nobody can take that from you this time. I think, In a game like this, you have to enjoy the little things you get. (yes, pun intented)
    Thank you xar1 for taking this extra mile. :)(y)
    ------------------
    While I can only speak for myself, I couldn't enjoy the content this game brought to the table.
    All I could think about from the moment the MC went into the woods a 3rd time and the rape scenes became too much in my opinion, was (as harsh as it may sound) whether I could end up with one of those outcomes:
    ~ Either I can kill them both.
    ~ Or the girl feels so guilty that she decides to end her life.
    ~ Or MC kills himself.
    ~ Or that the GF at least has enough decency to be honest about her mistakes, realizes she doesn't deserve MC, breaks up and leaves for good.
    ~ Or my favorite, the boyfriend stands up for himself and breaks up with her in the end, after her cheating. Get new Girlfriend and give Aisha a dose of her own medicine.
    Sadly none of them came true. The bombardement and the extend of unexpected rape content felt crushing, overvelming for someone not expecting this.
    + Writing/dialogs is/are not the best i've ever seen but it's okay, i'd say.

What I consider to be rather bad:
    - NTR route only, sadly.
    - Those weird and in my opinion badly made endings that I couldn't relate to at all. Especially the way how they dealt (or in their case: not dealt) with their wrongdoings and the normally resulting damage to their trust for each other, and the NTR guy in the end who left mostly unpunished.
    - The typical dumb decisions/behaviors that characters make/have to make to justify the NTR scenes.

What I missed or could have been made better:
    1. - An avoidable route would have been great for those who don't like NTR and aren't fans of the blackmail-into-rape scenarios. This wouldn't have hurt the NTR route in the least and would have also increased the replayability of the game.
    2. - A better true ending with a little more commonsense would have been nice, but that's just my personal opinion. Decide for yourself.

What can I say as a conclusion:
    ------
    Edit for people who think reviews have to be free from personal opinions:
    Even though I am writing a "review" here, I'm also giving a not biased and personal "rating" of how this experience was for me. Giving this game a 2-star rating seems fair to me, whether you like it or not. If someone has a problem with me "rating" a game based on my personal opinion/experience after advertising it like this, then with all due respect, go and defend other games with worse 1-star one-liner reviews too.
    ------
    But after all that, I can still see and understand that true NTR fans or players who like the rape tag will most likely love this game. They get good content for their tastes as far as I can tell.
    On the other hand, if you are an optional NTR fan like me, or not a fan of NTR or rape content at all, then you will most likely hate this game and I would advise you better not to play this.
    All in all, I think it's a bit of a shame, because I see sooo much unused potential in this game, at the expense of those who would also like this game if they were not forced to be confronted only with rape and NTR.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

rafaellos

What I never understand about this type of NTR is why the girl doesn't say anything to her guardian after getting raped. Also MC allows the guy who got him trauma to stay in the same house as the girl he is trying to protect. Like what? That literally makes no sense, other then setting up the plot for fucking NTR. I especially hate games where the author is purposefully trying to make you sad. Bitch I don't fap to games to feel sad. I know some people like this shit because the can somehow self insert themselves into the bad guy, but that's not most people.

However if you ignore the story and setting in the game that is all about the story, then it's not that bad. Girl is pretty hot and art is solid. Translation is also very good. Really couldn't distinguish this from normal translation.

Also if you plan to get a good ending you have to plan in advance. I didn't collect one memory outside at the beginning of the game (there are 2 memories in front of the house which i recommend to pick at the same time) and even though i had a save halfway through the game there was nothing I could do, to get it.

Art 4/5
    Story NTR/5
    Gameplay 2/5
    Fapability sad/5
    Originality 3/5 (classic NTR premise)
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Jmonster

I'm an ntr guy but I definitely lean towards netori rather than netorare (and definitely not a fan of netorase). This leans heavy netorare and not the kind I like either. It's less ntr and more straight up rape. Eventually it turns consensual but... if you're not a fan of rape like me, it's gonna get max 3 stars. The two extra stars is for getting to the point and for the decent story / art. Not a bad game but not for me either.

I'm not just giving it 3/5 because of my tastes: I think the game could give the main girl more agency rather than being constantly about "Male character A" or "Male character B." It falls flat for characterization especially for a quick game where good characterization can make or break it. The time between events make it not really a fap multiple time game and the forced slow walk is a ohko boner killer.

Now for my tastes: The vibe I first got that I was starting to dig before the straight up rape was her being sexually wanted and loved while the guy was just doing a pity thing for her. I was hoping it'd be less of the classic "rape till she likes the dick" and more of "showing her what she COULD have" and have much more teasing before the fall. Alas, it's not what happened, and so it is.