axeml

Apr 21, 2019
Good morning !
I discovered this game yesterday and I honestly love it. I just think there are some things I'm doing wrong. I get stuck every time at level 3 or even 2. Is there a tutorial on the edicts to take to make it easier to progress (even on easy I struggle xD)
I would have looked at it for myself, but 2000+ pages to read ^^.

THANKS
Two giant mistakes new players make is not making a dedicated build and not spending enough time on each floor before moving on to the next one.

You will kill your run if you attempt to spread your attack stats evenly between strength, dexterity, and agility. Pick one and stick to it. Also don't fall into the trap of always using the element an enemy is weak to, and as a matter of fact, once your desired stat gets high enough, you can one-shot enemies that are resistant to the element you're using.

Take your time on each floor. You can literally camp on floor 2, grind money, and get level 4 training in whichever build you're going for. Get the secretary job for an easy boost to control. You'll be be able to fight enemies and gain order faster than you lose it.

Reactions: AmAHat

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
Two giant mistakes new players make is not making a dedicated build and not spending enough time on each floor before moving on to the next one.

You will kill your run if you attempt to spread your attack stats evenly between strength, dexterity, and agility. Pick one and stick to it. Also don't fall into the trap of always using the element an enemy is weak to, and as a matter of fact, once your desired stat gets high enough, you can one-shot enemies that are resistant to the element you're using.

Take your time on each floor. You can literally camp on floor 2, grind money, and get level 4 training in whichever build you're going for. Get the secretary job for an easy boost to control. You'll be be able to fight enemies and gain order faster than you lose it.
That second point is especially true, I'm a noob myself compared to 99% of the people here but have finished it twice and my first run I thought you were expected to use the weak element of the enemies and ended up screwing myself.

It's definitely a noob trap.

Dreoxxi

Sep 15, 2023

Thanks for the response!

I take the advice into account and would apply it. However, is cleaning an area (except the boss), sleeping and starting again enough to maintain order? My problem is often order and bad ends. By doing so, is it possible to maintain order high enough not to have this problem? ^^

misakik1

Jan 14, 2020
I take the advice into account and would apply it. However, is cleaning an area (except the boss), sleeping and starting again enough to maintain order? My problem is often order and bad ends. By doing so, is it possible to maintain order high enough not to have this problem? ^^
While there are many guides for this game you can find online, but none of what I've found so far seem to give some detailed advices on how to play the first few days to have a good start, which IMO is very important to beat the game.

I'll share my starting strategy, please note that this might not be the most optimal, but I managed to beat the game while getting "Holy Empress" (virgin run) and "Incorruptible Pillar" (not getting any edict has +Corruption)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Good luck.

negroidprime

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2018
This thread reached 2000+ pages just because most of the people that ask the questions dont even bother to read
And you think they would do the bare minimum?:KEK:
Hell some people dont even read the OP
I know, but only if they did the thread would be about 1000 pages, it's not a herculean task, but for these goonbrains it might be.

axeml

Apr 21, 2019
Thanks for the response!

I would clear floor 1 as fast as you can, and camp floor 2 for a while while you increase your control. I, at one point, had -5 control and could comfortably control how much order I would accumulate. I could literally build order to 100 and then chain sleep in the bed until it was super low to get a bunch of money.

So yes, it is possible to have your control high enough for it to be manageable. Secretary job and edicts that increase control with minimal expense gain.

m4kro

Feb 7, 2020
Ok I'm back, and with fantastic results. Mods are finally working! This method should work for both Linux and Mac/OSX. Tested game version 1.2.9.85

READ BEFORE PATCHING!!!!!!!!

Mods will need to be installed manually or on a windows machine and transfered.

Mac/OSX users you may need to hold down the option key while copying to merge the folders. I highly recommend you just copy over the files one by one so you don't accidentally delete anything you shouldn't.

Fast Cut Ins may show some errors, press the ignore button.

Linux users you guys probably know what you're doing.

Apply the patch:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

bergelmir

Mar 22, 2018
This thread reached 2000+ pages just because most of the people that ask the questions dont even bother to read
And you think they would do the bare minimum?:KEK:
Hell some people dont even read the OP
So someone asks a question and instead of answering it, a multitude of people just mock them.
But it's the people asking that bloat this thread ... sure.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
So someone asks a question and instead of answering it, a multitude of people just mock them.
#1, the solution 99% of the time is on THE FIRST PAGE

Don't believe me?, the most asked question used to be, "why is my game crashing?"

1723769799040.png

#2 sometimes the same question is asked on the same page, the solution was found on the same page a couple posts up, or even 1 page back.

so yes, I and many others will mock their laziness and blindness. Thanks.

This is also not limited to this thread, it's everywhere on this site unfortunately.

Last edited:

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Except for literal months of people asking the same question which was answered just above them, repeat endlessly. Yes, the asshole replies contribute, but if you constantly see people making literally no effort to find the solution to their problem, it gets frustrating.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 425 Votes