negroidprime

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2018
You are not wrong.
But you are underestimating how stupid people tend to be and I am not even trying to be edgy here, I'm just telling the truth.
I saw people play games without even extracting them from archives then they wonder "why isn't game saving my progress?".

• Sad
Reactions: Purple_Heart

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020
As far as I know KP mods don't overwrite original game files or other mod files, so they should work with manual installs. I always use manual install method for this game and so far I haven't encountered any compatibility issue.
Yeah i know mods dont overwrite files and manual install works if you know what you are installing
I was recommending MO2 because usually less experienced people in modding throw a bunch of conflicting mods in the game and wonder why the game crashes or has bugs and if this happens removing knowing what is causing it be quite the hassle
MO2 is much more convenient imo because it shows which mod overwrites/conflicts with the other and makes everything much easier
Manual install can work too but i wouldnt recommend it to people who arent experienced with these kinds of things:KEK:

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I think that's how you download its source code, not the mod itself.
Nope, that option downloads everything in the level of the gitgud repository, which is the mod. Even if you scroll down the page and click the download option (which I admittedly forgot was linked there), you'll find the download links are referred to as "source code".

Admittedly, the download button links are the most recent release version of the mod, while the one I mentioned is the developer build (which may contain bugs, bug fixes, and more / different content than the release version). The main difference is that the downloads link also has separate downloads for the assets and updated mod files, so you don't need to redownload everything every time.

yarr

Apr 11, 2018
But you are underestimating how stupid people tend to be and I am not even trying to be edgy here, I'm just telling the truth.
I saw people play games without even extracting them from archives then they wonder "why isn't game saving my progress?".
There is no way they are going to learn how to use vortex in 30 minutes. Maybe in 30 days, if you also count learning how to use computers properly.
Why would I care about these people though? If someone can not comprehend vortex's installation process, they will also not be able to comprehend Karryn Prison's battle system, complaining that the game is too hard, asking for gallery and so on.

Take a look at that clown:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sinxflavio2

Jul 14, 2017
I agree. Plump belly, hips))mmm. Karrins would be even better.

Actually, one person wrote very true words recently. This project is a bottomless gold mine. I play and see several possible side jobs, DLC, interactions. Content, in general. He should hire more people, expand the mod tools. But, no. But it's still better than if this game didn't exist at all.
Praised be your words, a plump thicker karryn would be delicious, mmm the belly grab:love:, this game has infinite potential, for everything, "sadly" remtairy prefer to look into a new game before finishing the game full potential

Reactions: Seittitgib

Sinxflavio2

Jul 14, 2017
Hello everyone. I want to share with you a fanfic based on our favorite game Karin Prison. I have never created something like this before, so I apologize for possible graphic errors and shortcomings. Fanfic in English. English is not my native language, so if you notice any oddities in the text, it's all Google Translate. If you are not afraid of a large amount of text and 3D style, then enjoy your reading Mega View attachment 4011459
Yo this was really AMAZING, the dialogues really felt in character, the renders were awesome, fr this was really really really good!!!:love:

Reactions: IPRA

Dickhead8888

Dec 31, 2017
Same way some people find animals, shit, piss, feet, exc. attractive. The minds of humans are messed up, part of it is down to where the parts of the brain are (the genitals and feet are adjacent areas of the brain, and crossover is common causing a foot fetish on some people).

In the end, too each their own, as long as what they're into isn't illegal IRL content (IE, rape in fictional media is fine, rape IRL is a horrible crime.)
Next rem gonna spend another 9 months working on wolf girl karryn for absolutely nobody, nobody asked for but the 10 furry supporters whose rem want to smell every penny in their pants, at the expenses of the whole rest of his patreon followers and their funds, again.

Very conveniently for him, his artist whose name i forgor, after a very long 6 months, "updated" his art styles and now they gonna have to spend another 6 months redrawing the absolute amount of 30 sprites and cgs before even start with inflated furry karryn, again.

Which will absolutely break the game and mods, making everyone longing for the dlc to finally finish, where Rem gonna keep hyping up and, gasing everyone and acting like "they love me", again.

Dickhead8888

Dec 31, 2017
Why would I care about these people though? If someone can not comprehend vortex's installation process, they will also not be able to comprehend Karryn Prison's battle system, complaining that the game is too hard, asking for gallery and so on.

Take a look at that clown:
Pretty decent of them to not pin the dude post, frame it and shame him until kingdome come.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
That raises more questions than it answers. Here are few examples:
  • How to download vortex?
  • How to make vortex recognize this game?
  • How to download and install support extension?
  • How to install mods using vortex?
  • What is a "Stock Game" and where can I find it?
The first four questions are already answered elsewhere, although swap questions 2 and 3 since the support extension is what allows Vortex to recognize the game.

A "Stock Game" is just an extra copy of the vanilla game used specifically for a specific modlist.
The term itself is a reference to a really useful feature of Wabbajack that boils down to having a completely separate copy of the game outside of whatever distribution system (in this case a copy of the Steam version of Karryn's Prison that Steam cannot update, while Steam is still able to keep the main install updated)

As for the friendly advice, the official modding wiki for the game specifically recommends NOT to use manual installation of mods, primarily due to having the reinstall the game if you fuck up the installation of any mod (ie: Manually installing mods is NOT noob friendly)
Vortex is recommended due to the game support being able to update the mods.

I personally prefer Mod Organizer 2 (aka MO2) over Vortex as you don't have to deploy the files every time there is a change in the modlist (lots of mods that have lots of files can take quite a while to deploy, which is a bane of anyone with zero patience)
The downside of MO2 is that you have to manually download the mods, as well as manually download and install the game support plugin.
Another downside is that sometimes the virtual filesystem that MO2 uses breaks (though this is fairly rare these days)

• Haha
Reactions: RedAISkye
May 10, 2020
The first four questions are already answered elsewhere, although swap questions 2 and 3 since the support extension is what allows Vortex to recognize the game.

A "Stock Game" is just an extra copy of the vanilla game used specifically for a specific modlist.
The term itself is a reference to a really useful feature of Wabbajack that boils down to having a completely separate copy of the game outside of whatever distribution system (in this case a copy of the Steam version of Karryn's Prison that Steam cannot update, while Steam is still able to keep the main install updated)

As for the friendly advice, the official modding wiki for the game specifically recommends NOT to use manual installation of mods, primarily due to having the reinstall the game if you fuck up the installation of any mod (ie: Manually installing mods is NOT noob friendly)

I personally prefer Mod Organizer 2 (aka MO2) over Vortex as you don't have to deploy the files every time there is a change in the modlist (lots of mods that have lots of files can take quite a while to deploy, which is a bane of anyone with zero patience)
The downside of MO2 is that you have to manually download the mods, as well as manually download and install the game support plugin.
Another downside is that sometimes the virtual filesystem that MO2 uses breaks (though this is fairly rare these days)
Not to mention every time MO2 updates the Karryn's Prison extention for it has to be updated too or else the new version of MO2 doesn't recognize it.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Not to mention every time MO2 updates the Karryn's Prison extention for it has to be updated too or else the new version of MO2 doesn't recognize it.
Except you don't generally need to update MO2 unless encountering the issues that the update fixes.
MO2 works best in portable mode as a portable instance (ie: not installed using the installer), though this is an advanced usage.

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
...As for the friendly advice, the official modding wiki for the game specifically recommends NOT to use manual installation of mods, primarily due to having the reinstall the game if you fuck up the installation of any mod (ie: Manually installing mods is NOT noob friendly)
Vortex is recommended due to the game support being able to update the mods...
Most of the issues come from people using the wrong version, missing dependency or just a bug with the mod or game.

If you're so obsessed with the game that you need to update the game/mods every time there's even a minor update, then sure, a mod manager will be more convenient for you.

Otherwise, a simple direct extraction is way more easier and faster.

I always separate my vanilla from my modded build. So, even if the game updates, my mods do not break. Most mods are non-replacers anyway, the only hassle it could actually happen with is CCMod. But that one mod for one game isn't worth installing Nexus shit.

dimasbtwe

Oct 11, 2020
any new changelog for version 1.3 up? is there something new in the game like new mini game? i hope rem make new KP2 game already with new engine and animation rather than ruining this game

Reactions: Lukemstr

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
the official modding wiki for the game specifically recommends NOT to use manual installation of mods, primarily due to having the reinstall the game if you fuck up the installation of any mod
:WaitWhat:
Correct me if I am wrong but as far as I know mods don't overwrite eachother or game files. So, you cannot "fuck up installation of any mod" to the point you have to "reinstall" the game.

(ie: Manually installing mods is NOT noob friendly)
It is just a simple drag & drop. It cannot get any more noob friendly than that.

Yes, but that is for people who bought the game and this is a piracy forum. Do you know what happens when people update their mods but not their game? They come here and say "help, why is my game crashing" and attach a photo of their computer's screen they took with their phone.

elfhumper

May 5, 2024
Correct me if I am wrong but as far as I know mods don't overwrite eachother or game files.
Yes and No depends on the game and if the mod was designed to allow overwriting a good example would be Skyrim and FO4 and the Unofficial Patches by AFK/Arthmoor as well as a lot of his other mods.
So, you cannot "fuck up installation of any mod" to the point you have to "reinstall" the game.
Not exactly true a poorly written mod can corrupt the game enough to were a reinstall is the only way to fix it. But it is rare to have happen.

• Haha
Reactions: RedAISkye

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
Yes and No depends on the game and if the mod was designed to allow overwriting a good example would be Skyrim and FO4 and the Unofficial Patches by AFK/Arthmoor as well as a lot of his other mods.

Not exactly true a poorly written mod can corrupt the game enough to were a reinstall is the only way to fix it. But it is rare to have happen.
You are making assumptions. I am talking about this game and its mods that I personally use.

WacDonald

Dec 8, 2018
I apologise if this question has already been answered before, but is there a way to edit the game code/plugins to prevent Karryn from getting orgasm from handjob/blowjob/etc ?

4.60 star(s) 424 Votes