Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020
Because you're treating modding KP like modding Skyrim. Making manual KP modding seem like it's such a high risk thing for newbies or noobs.
Never said either of those things or hinted at anything remotely close to that
In my posts i simply advised against manually installing mods if you are new to modding and recommended to use a mod manager because its much more convenient and automatized(and even explained why i think is that)
So that is unrelated to what I explained in my other posts
It ain't anywhere close to that complicated where manual modding is highly advised against for a valid reason, where a mod manager would actually be significantly better and more efficient.
A mod manager is pretty much always better and more efficient than manually installing mods because you have a load order,you know what mods you have installed,know what mods are overwriting the others and removing them is easy without having to go directly where the mods are stored and manually removing them
If this wasnt the case people wouldnt have bothered using or even creating mod managers in the first place
Anyone that knows how to DragNDrop or extract directly can mod KP with ease.
That is what I said in pretty much every one of my posts
Manual install can work but you have to know what you are doing
It's not a difficult process but not one you can do carelessly
You don't need to know anything besides the basics of operating a computer.
For most people turning on a pc and opening google is already a big achievement so asking anything more complex than that is a gamble
Hell people dont even read:KEK:
That's why im recommending a method that is as automatized as possible where basically the program does everything for you
If you're arguing that a certain type of group wouldn't even be able to do such basic thing, then forget about them because they won't know nor would they care to learn to use a mod manager.
Im not talking about groups or anything here im talking about making the process of installing mods on karryn's prison as easy and as foolproof as possible
So again not related to anything I've said
And even if we take in consideration this "group" you are talking about I can guarantee they wouldnt care to drag and drop either(or install mods in the first place to be honest)
Removing mods is also as simple as deleting the contents inside the mods folder as most are non-replacers.
And removing mods in a mod manager is as easy as clicking "remove mod" in the load order of the mod manager while having the benefit of the program doing everything for you(barring solving eventual conflicts ofc but in way it does even that:ROFLMAO:),knowing exactly what you are removing and being certain that what you are removing is being removed correctly
This applies both if a mod is a replacer or not and equally easy to remove in both cases
The only major replacer mod being CCMod and that isn't even much of a hassle when it comes to a game with such a small size.
CCMod is tecnically not a "True" replacer and size of a mod or a game is not relevant.
It doesnt make a difference if the game/mod is 100GB or 700MB of size
If you mess somehing up during the install process it wont work regardless of size
Let me get something straight here because im not sure we are understanding each other:
RedAISkye im not saying manual install is bad or doesnt work or you are spitting bs
I just wouldnt recommend it to a noob because while it may seem easy at a first glance if not done properly and with a brain some mistakes could be done along the way
Now im sure for you it extremely easy and you are capable in these kind of things
But im not trusting the average user to do something when a program can do it for them with basically 0 issues(usually any computer related problem lies between the screen and the chair after all:KEK:)
So I'm not trying to discredit you or anything like that
Just trying to be as informative as possible
That's pretty much it

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
Never said either of those things or hinted at anything remotely close to that
In my posts i simply advised against manually installing mods if you are new to modding and recommended to use a mod manager because its much more convenient and automatized(and even explained why i think is that)
So that is unrelated to what I explained in my other posts

A mod manager is pretty much always better and more efficient than manually installing mods because you have a load order,you know what mods you have installed,know what mods are overwriting the others and removing them is easy without having to go directly where the mods are stored and manually removing them
If this wasnt the case people wouldnt have bothered using or even creating mod managers in the first place

That is what I said in pretty much every one of my posts
Manual install can work but you have to know what you are doing
It's not a difficult process but not one you can do carelessly

For most people turning on a pc and opening google is already a big achievement so asking anything more complex than that is a gamble
Hell people dont even read:KEK:
That's why im recommending a method that is as automatized as possible where basically the program does everything for you

Im not talking about groups or anything here im talking about making the process of installing mods on karryn's prison as easy and as foolproof as possible
So again not related to anything I've said
And even if we take in consideration this "group" you are talking about I can guarantee they wouldnt care to drag and drop either(or install mods in the first place to be honest)

And removing mods in a mod manager is as easy as clicking "remove mod" in the load order of the mod manager while having the benefit of the program doing everything for you(barring solving eventual conflicts ofc but in way it does even that:ROFLMAO:),knowing exactly what you are removing and being certain that what you are removing is being removed correctly
This applies both if a mod is a replacer or not and equally easy to remove in both cases

CCMod is tecnically not a "True" replacer and size of a mod or a game is not relevant.
It doesnt make a difference if the game/mod is 100GB or 700MB of size
If you mess somehing up during the install process it wont work regardless of size
Let me get something straight here because im not sure we are understanding each other:
RedAISkye im not saying manual install is bad or doesnt work or you are spitting bs
I just wouldnt recommend it to a noob because while it may seem easy at a first glance if not done properly and with a brain some mistakes could be done along the way
Now im sure for you it extremely easy and you are capable in these kind of things
But im not trusting the average user to do something when a program can do it for them with basically 0 issues(usually any computer related problem lies between the screen and the chair after all:KEK:)
So I'm not trying to discredit you or anything like that
Just trying to be as informative as possible
That's pretty much it
Recommending mod managers for people who pirate games is not really a good thing even if you don't have any bad intentions. Their auto-update or auto-download latest versions of mods feature has a detrimental effect on "pirate noobs" due to version mismatch/incompatibility issues with pirated game copies. You can see examples of it in this thread.

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020
Their auto-update or auto-download latest versions of mods feature has a detrimental effect on "pirate noobs" due to version mismatch/incompatibility issues with pirated game copies. You can see examples of it in this thread.
I suppose you are talking about vortex if im not mistaken?
Vortex is actually the kind of mod manager I would not recommend both because it's relatively complicated to use imo and because of said auto-update feature(i dont really like programs doing unprompted things)
And I wouldnt use it even if I had legal copy of the game:KEK:
In my previous posts i actually advised against using it and instead recommended to use MO2 instead
Imo thats pretty much the best mod manager to use right now because its easy to use and setup and because it doesnt do anything unless prompted to do so
Also no auto-update feature:if you want you can let mods sit there for years without updates and the mod manager will never update them or ask you to do so(y)(the devs of this mod manager intentionally didnt implement this feature)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RedAISkye

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
I would like to point out that you can stop Vortex from doing auto-updates, though it isn't obvious how. Although maybe it's not auto-updating mods for me since my Vortex install is using an advanced configuration...

The only thing Vortex really has over MO2 is with the conflict management being per file instead of per mod.

Fun fact: The original developer of MO2 is also the main developer of Vortex.

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
...i simply advised against manually installing mods if you are new to modding and recommended to use a mod manager because its much more convenient and automatized...
Except that's not true at all for such small game with not many mods so your advice doesn't make sense for this game.
Especially when not all mods are integrated with it, so it's not even really automated, you still need to do things manually for the mod manager.

My point was that mod manager for this game is completely unnecessary since manual install requires you to learn nothing if you have the basic knowledge of how to operate a computer, which I expect you to have if you're already pirating games. If not, you won't be learning a mod manager either which requires more knowledge.

A normal person loses nothing by not using a mod manager in this game. To the contrary, they save their time due to how easy 1 step install the mods are and they don't need to mess around with learning any third party tools.

Only the obsessed ones that needs to update the game/mods as soon as a new patch is released are the ones who need a mod manager for this game.
If you are a normal person who doesn't need every single minor update for the game and mods, then you do not need a mod manager for this game and you should instead manually install and play with vanilla and modded installation separated.

Edit: I have also seen people complaining about MO2 having issues and that switching to Vortex was better, so you're probably wrong with mod manager recommendation too. :KEK:

Last edited:

Riaman

Nov 27, 2020
Guys, you can install P Cup DLC via Vortex to try out new descension modes. Descension is updated via Steam itself, but you need P Cup DLC to activate it. You do not need to switch Karryn's perfectly shaped bonkers to that monstrosity.
P cup is ridiculous.

Dickhead8888

Dec 31, 2017
It wouldnt cause so much problems if Rem just kept new art styles for the new p cup at first, then make it optional for the new art styles, which adds nothing to but break the game anyway.

God works in mysterious ways, but Rem isnt God and he's messing it up trying to act like one.

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020
Except that's not true at all for such small game with not many mods so your advice doesn't make sense for this game.
It makes sense because even if you arent installing 300 mods a mod manager gives you the advantage of better organizing your mods and applying eventual compatibility patches between those mods without messing something up(which is much more likely to happen with a manual install especially with patches)
in the rare case something goes wrong with the mod manager you can simply remove the patch/mod from the load order with a simple click
And again size of the game/mod is completely irrelevant in this topic
Especially when not all mods are integrated with it
If a mod is already integrated into the game then it doesnt require an installation in the first place
And we were talking about methods of installation and mods that require it
So i dont see how this is related to the topic
so it's not even really automated, you still need to do things manually for the mod manager.
It's automated because the only user input the mod manager needs to install a mod is telling it what to install and thats it
Even if we say that in layman's terms it's still making a manual install the process is automated because in a regular manual installation the user needs to know where the files should be installed and the structure of those files
The mod manager knows that and installs the mod in the right place automatically(and removes the part that arguably can cause most issues)
My point was that mod manager for this game is completely unnecessary since manual install requires you to learn nothing if you have the basic knowledge of how to operate a computer
Installing a mod manager doesnt require you to learn anything either
You install it like any other program and setting it up is incredibly easy(MO2 gives you pointers when you open it too:KEK:)
And if you need a guide to do it just watch any youtube video about the mod manager(if the user refuses to read),the actual setup is literally 2-3 minutes
which I expect you to have if you're already pirating games. If not, you won't be learning a mod manager either which requires more knowledge.
Not the same
If we take f95zone as an example you download a game from any file hoster and extract it it wherever you want
Doesnt apply to manual install of a mod
Yes you are still extracting something
No you cant dump the mod's content wherever you want
The mod manager removes this part and it doesnt need an absurd amount of pc knowledge to make it work
A normal person loses nothing by not using a mod manager in this game. To the contrary, they save their time due to how easy 1 step install the mods are and they don't need to mess around with learning any third party tools.
And a normal person loses nothing from using a mod manager either and he can actually use it with other games if he wants to
he saves time only if he manages to do the manual installation correctly
If he doesnt the time he saved at the start of the process is lost trying to fix whatever mess he caused:KEK:
Setting up a mod manager takes less than 5 minutes and saves you from a lot trouble(and saves time) that you could have later.
All of this without learning pretty much nothing you dont already know
Only the obsessed ones that needs to update the game/mods as soon as a new patch is released are the ones who need a mod manager for this game.
No?
You can install mods with a mod manager and never update them
If vortex with his auto-update feature is the problem just use MO2 where this wasnt implemented on purpose
I dont see why you wouldnt want to update your mods tho but to each their own
If you are a normal person who doesn't need every single minor update for the game and mods, then you do not need a mod manager for this game and you should instead manually install and play with vanilla and modded installation separated.
Already said that you dont necessarily need to update your mods with a mod manager and if you want you can keep a modded version with a mod manager(with no significant expense of time to set it up compared to manual install) and a vanilla one separated from each other
Funnily enough with MO2 mods are stored in the mod manager folder instead of the game directory so if you run the game with its exe file you can play it vanilla if you want(just a bit of trivia here:KEK:)
Edit: I have also seen people complaining about MO2 having issues and that switching to Vortex was better, so you're probably wrong with mod manager recommendation too. :KEK:
And I've seen people complaining about vortex and not being able to manually install mods
Your point being?

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
...I dont see why you wouldnt want to update your mods tho but to each their own...
I have tons of other games to play, I don't think I'm going to waste time playing after every minor patch for the game, let alone for a minor mod update.

And If I'm not going to update mods frequently, there's no point in using the mod manager for this game when manual installation is much easier without requiring any tool.

But if you find a simple 1 step installation too complicated, then I guess you can stick to your mod manager as even my grandma knows how to extract files from archive. :KEK:

...And I've seen people complaining about vortex and not being able to manually install mods...
I'm taking specifically for KP but it seems you want to continue making general statements that makes no sense for this game, especially when you haven't even modded the game recently.

Even modders recommend Vortex over MO2 if you already take their advice of using a mod manager over manual install, so you're just wrong on both topics.

Reactions: Purple_Heart
4.60 star(s) 423 Votes