yarr

Apr 11, 2018
The game is already a finished feature complete package from front to end which is more than 98% of western eroge can say. And it's a pretty good one with unique mechanics and play styles that marry the concept of "corruption" into the game design itself.
For many people, there is a problem with lvl 4 being completely empty from the edicts/sidejobs perspective and lvl 5 is not even a thing, thus giving an unfinished smell to the game. The first 3 levels came out in 2019-2020 iirc, then we got Karryn's restyling, pubes, gym, h-cup and p-cup dlc's in the span of next 4 years.
It feels like we could get actual gameplay in 4 whole years, eh?

HappyGoomba

Mar 7, 2020
The developer should make the empress ending canon, and make a sequel called Karryn's castle, and start the process all over again, maybe add some spooky supernatural elements, because, reasons.
The emperor wants to restore the original imperial palace, but it's infested with ghosts and monsters. So Empress Karryn goes in to subdue or seduce the inhabitants into cooperation.

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020
Manual mod install for KP is in fact much easier as it's a 1 step thing compared to a mod manager which you need to learn to use and has many steps in order to set it up correctly.
How many steps takes an installation process is irrelevant
Less steps doesnt mean more user friendly and the length of the installation process has nothing to do with the point im making
You dont need to learn anything special to make a mod manager work since it installs like any other program and setting it up is incredibly easy(in MO2's case it literally tells you what to do once you open it)
In the remote case you need help with it there are plenty of video guides for mod managers(in case you dont want to read)
You're not recommending a 1 step install for newbies because of your assumption that they "need to know what they're doing"?
All they need to know is to either DragNDrop the mods into the base-game or extract it directly into it. There's nothing more to it than that for KP.
And you have the assumption that a newbie to karryn's prison modding already knows that
At best he might know how to download the game,extract it and run it
So even if knows how to extract the mod he doesnt know or has a precise idea of where to extract it,how to be certain that the mod is working,and how to remove it safely
A mod manager takes care of all of that because it does automatically the process for the user which only has to click "install mod" on the mod manager(which again is as easy as running a program)
Another assumption of yours is that it may cause issues later on? If you somehow fuck up a 1 step installation that even my grandma can do, that's completely on you. :KEK:
Or the hypothetical user can just avoid this case altogether by using a mod manager since it does the installation for him:KEK:
But, a mod manager can cause more issues for newbies if they "don't know what they're doing"
At worst they can install the wrong mod or patch but it doesnt break their game and even if it does the problem lies in the mod(which can be safely removed) not in the mod manager
one of the common things I've seen them complain about is their saves being gone after they use mod manager or that the mod manager isn't detecting their game at all.
And most of the complaints I've seen when people used manual installation for mods on KP ranged from the mods not working after installing them to having to redo a clean installation because of the the issues caused from the incorrect installation/uninstallation
So in comparison a mod manager is much less hazardous to your game
And I've already said this, most issues people face regardless of their installation method are due to version mismatch, missing dependency or a bug with the mod or game itself.
What problems people have with their game regardless of the installation method are not related to anything im saying
So this is completely irrelevant to the topic
You couldn't even show me a single conflicting mod
There was no need to
Im talking about recommending an installation method not how to solve conflicts or which mods could conflict with each other
So again this has nothing to do with the point im making
all you mentioned was a lack of mod compatibility in the past on a mod that hasn't even been officially updated for years.
That mention was simply to explain one of the features of MO2
If that incompatibility is recent or remote has no relevancy to the explanation I was giving
it's an issue with the mod itself which doesn't require a mod manager to figure things out nor does it make it any easier on this game with how the mods work.
A mod manager makes far easier to remove the mod safely and with a single click in the mod manager instead of having to directly remove it from wherever it's stored

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
How many steps takes an installation process is irrelevant
Less steps doesnt mean more user friendly
You tell me which method is more "user friendly".
  1. Manual installation
    1. Download mod archive
    2. Open downloaded archive
    3. Extract it to game's folder
    4. If mod is not working you've extracted mod to wrong folder or accidentally downloaded its source code, fix your mistake and enjoy mod.
  2. "Automatic" installation
    1. Download mod manager
    2. Install mod manager
    3. Learn how to use it by examining its user interface or by watching some tutorials
    4. Learn how to install an extension for it(if needed)
    5. Set up mod manager so it correctly recognizes your game
    6. Set up a temporary mods folder in a secure location for mod manager to use so that you won't accidentally delete all the mods you have
    7. Download a mod or use mod manager to download it
    8. Use mod manager to install downloaded mod
    9. If mod is not working good luck at figuring out what you did wrong.

darkhentai

Oct 25, 2017
i hope after the release of the cup p will be added more outfit mod...more variety is better...and hope for 1 more job in the level 4...i mean the level 4 and 5 seems little rushed...adding something to that level will be good.... but i know after the cup p dlc will be the end of this game... hope the next project of the autor is something like karryn's prison but much greater...with more mechanich and more enemies etc....i'm hyped for the descendant mode...

• Red Heart
Reactions: PEPEsc

septimusand

Sep 1, 2019
You tell me which method is more "user friendly".
  1. Manual installation
    1. Download mod archive
    2. Open downloaded archive
    3. Extract it to game's folder
    4. If mod is not working you've extracted mod to wrong folder or accidentally downloaded its source code, fix your mistake and enjoy mod.
  2. "Automatic" installation
    1. Download mod manager
    2. Install mod manager
    3. Learn how to use it by examining its user interface or by watching some tutorials
    4. Learn how to install an extension for it(if needed)
    5. Set up mod manager so it correctly recognizes your game
    6. Set up a temporary mods folder in a secure location for mod manager to use so that you won't accidentally delete all the mods you have
    7. Download a mod or use mod manager to download it
    8. Use mod manager to install downloaded mod
    9. If mod is not working good luck at figuring out what you did wrong.
see the problem with step 4 in manual installation is if you try to do several mods and things go south...a lot of times you just end up having do a clean reinstall. Which is fine assuming you didn't delete the things you extract from, but you kinda have to just do trial and error to see which mods conflict. Which a mod manager would presumably tell you so you dont have to waste time with that. At least that's been my personal experience, I can't speak for anyone else.

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
see the problem with step 4 in manual installation is if you try to do several mods and things go south...a lot of times you just end up having do a clean reinstall. Which is fine assuming you didn't delete the things you extract from, but you kinda have to just do trial and error to see which mods conflict. Which a mod manager would presumably tell you so you dont have to waste time with that. At least that's been my personal experience, I can't speak for anyone else.
I swear to god you guys have modded some other games in the past(for example skyrim) with hundreds of mods at the same time, faced these issues you keep talking about and ever since that happened to you you just keep assuming every game and every mod is same as that game and its mods that caused problems for you. It is almost like a modding related PTSD :KEK:

While you guys keep making statements about mod managers and games in general, I'm here trying to explain why those mod managers and their various features are useless for KP, especially for people using pirated copies.

So, I'm gonna post about this for the last time.
  • This isn't skyrim. This isn't fallout. This isn't cyberpunk.
    • This game doesn't have thousands of mods. This game doesn't need mod managers to "manage" a few mods that exist for this game.
    • This game has native support for mods and installation is as simple as a drag & drop to a folder clearly named "mods". You don't need to install an extra program just to install and "manage" a few mods.
    • This game doesn't have "conflicting" mods. This game doesn't need mod managers to tell you which mod is "conflicting" with other mods.
    • This game doesn't need mod managers to change mod load orders, at all. They work perfectly fine as is.
  • This game doesn't need mod managers to update mods for you because you are on a piracy forum and you are likely a pirate, so updating mods to their latest versions without also updating the game to the latest version WILL cause errors in the game.
    • In best case scenario you won't even notice the error OR it will cause a visual only error such as disfigured Karryn.
    • In worst case scenario it will corrupt your save file. Say goodbye to your progress because you thought mod managers are good because mod developer(s) told you so!
  • If you want to use mod managers or recommend them that's fine, but please don't talk about things that may or may not happen. You've probably seen, heard or experienced difficulties of modding. But those difficulties you are talking about don't apply to this game, at all.
  • I'm talking about exclusively this game and its mods. If you want to talk about modding other games such as skyrim or cyberpunk and why mod managers are actually useful for those games that is completely irrelevant to what I am saying.

Last edited:

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
I swear to god you guys have modded some other games in the past(for example skyrim) with hundreds of mods at the same time, faced these issues you keep talking about and ever since that happened to you you just keep assuming every game and every mod is same as that game and its mods that caused problems for you. It is almost like a modding related PTSD :KEK:

While you guys keep making statements about mod managers and games in general, I'm here trying to explain why those mod managers and their various features are useless for KP, especially for people using pirated copies.

So, I'm gonna post about this for the last time.
  • This isn't skyrim. This isn't fallout. This isn't cyberpunk.
    • This game doesn't have thousands of mods. This game doesn't need mod managers to "manage" a few mods that exist for this game.
    • This game has native support for mods and installation is as simple as a drag & drop to a folder clearly named "mods". You don't need to install an extra program just to install and "manage" a few mods.
    • This game doesn't have "conflicting" mods. This game doesn't need mod managers to tell you which mod is "conflicting" with other mods.
    • This game doesn't need mod managers to change mod load orders, at all. They work perfectly fine as is.
  • This game doesn't need mod managers to update mods for you because you are on a piracy forum and you are likely a pirate, so updating mods to their latest versions without also updating the game to the latest version WILL cause errors in the game.
    • In best case scenario you won't even notice the error OR it will cause a visual only error such as disfigured Karryn.
    • In worst case scenario it will corrupt your save file. Say goodbye to your progress because you thought mod managers are good because mod developer(s) told you so!
  • If you want to use mod managers or recommend them that's fine, but please don't talk about things that may or may not happen. You've probably seen, heard or experienced difficulties of modding. But those difficulties you are talking about don't apply to this game, at all.
  • I'm talking about exclusively this game and its mods. If you want to talk about modding other games such as skyrim or cyberpunk and why mod managers are actually useful for those games that is completely irrelevant to what I am saying.
Are you aware some mods for this game actually overwrite the game files? To some extent. And yes if you have left overs or remove them it can affect your install files too. Also should remind you if you mod this game it the modded data will stay in the save. So if you remove said mod your game can usually break.

• Haha
Reactions: RedAISkye

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
Are you aware some mods for this game actually overwrite the game files? To some extent. And yes if you have left overs or remove them it can affect your install files too. Also should remind you if you mod this game it the modded data will stay in the save. So if you remove said mod your game can usually break.
That's why before you mod anything, or screw around with any files, you always make a backup, then if it breaks you can start over again, and figure out what's wrong.

4.60 star(s) 423 Votes