RPGM Katalist [v0.097.6] [Tearycian]

4.80 star(s) 29 Votes

Azure Sun

Apr 15, 2021
I'm just about ready to throw in the towel on this one, which is a crying shame, I've really been enjoying what I've been able to play without getting randomly locked out of routes due to buggy triggers. However, I've seen people mentioning the 8th? Is there a hotfix patch coming out then? Should I abstain from hiding this away in a corner of my terabyte drive for a couple of days?

Luckily I'm not too far in (from what I understand), so I wouldn't be shattered if I had to start a fresh save on a new properly patched game version.

Last edited:

2341Name

Sep 1, 2018
I'm just about ready to throw in the towel on this one, which is a crying shame, I've really been enjoying what I've been able to play without getting randomly locked out of routes due to buggy triggers. However, I've seen people mentioning the 8th? Is there a hotfix patch coming out then? Should I abstain from hiding this away in a corner of my terabyte drive for a couple of days?

Luckily I'm not too far in (from what I understand), so I wouldn't be shattered if I had to start a fresh save on a new properly patched game version.
Tomorrow a new update is coming out. The dev took some extra time to finish it, so ideally it'll be polished... though obviously I can't know for certain.

In any case I would suggest sticking around. It's a good game, if you can avoid the bugs. What are you having problems with now? I personally haven't had many issues with locked routes, though I haven't started a new game in a long while.

Edit: Yeah well that didn't work out

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: norpbuh

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
As obvious as this sounds, Teary shouldn't have made promises if he was gonna be unable to keep them.
It's about time for him to do some self-reflecting on why it is exactly that he wasn't able to keep to the "1 update a month" schedule that he so confidently announced by the start of October, and why he's being forced to delay stuff as of late.
If it's just unavoidable RPGMaker jank, then try accounting for that the next time he gives out release dates, and if it ends up not being a problem and he finishes early, then people can get surprised in a good way for a change.
If it's due to the complexity of the new stuff being introduced into his game, then don't be afraid to scale that shit back, what most people really care about is the art+writing combo, anything else should be secondary to that, even if the game ends up being less ambitious as a result.
And honestly, even though I criticised Koda for doing this because I saw it as manipulative (and coming from him, it totally was, but Teary is a different story), I think he did have a point whenever he mixed in delay announcements with little teasers or CGs or bits of scenes. If you're forced to announce a delay, then you might as well throw people a bone to keep them somewhat appeased/engaged.
But yeah, if Teary wants to be more reliable, then thinking to himself "I'm gonna be more reliable from now on", without having identified what's made him kinda unreliable as of late, may not be the greatest idea...

BUT! Teary shouldn't get himself down over this. Yeah, it's not optimal, but it's within the realms of expectation. His stuff is still great and it's worthy of being waited for, it's just that people within this community have had really rough experiences with delays and stuff, so they might blow things out of proportion, me included.

Last edited:

SnakeSnek

Feb 23, 2020
meh.. what i dont understand is, if its just polishing why not release it at the promised date even if buggy.. let people wank a bit and then just release a fix patch next week... i mean, anything is better than nothing right?

Miscerte23

Dec 11, 2017
meh.. what i dont understand is, if its just polishing why not release it at the promised date even if buggy.. let people wank a bit and then just release a fix patch next week... i mean, anything is better than nothing right?
Probably wants to avoid a second 0.08 release incident.

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
I think its disappointing, but its fine. This game is seriously pretty fkin great stuff but it is a bit sad in either possible scenario. Ultimately I don't mind too much but I can see where paid supporters might be a bit miffed, but you are supporting for continued development. I would much rather have it in a better state than released before its ready, since people have been pretty annoyed when the Macky line broke.

Reactions: TheNumber7

TheNumber7

Feb 15, 2021
Some of you on this thread are the most impatient people on the internet istg. Sorry the dev doesn't want the next release of the game to be a bug-ridden errorfest and you can't get your rocks off for another couple of days. Doesn't mean they're comparable at all to Boda. This same shit happened leading up to 0.8 and Taery had to release an incomplete version because people on this thread couldn't wait two days before starting a revolution. I understand it a bit more for patrons, y'all are paying for the development and it's very frustrating when it feels like that money is being wasted on a project that goes nowhere, but Taery has been working on getting this update ready and working, and constantly deriding them and comparing them to the slimiest devs on the platform all the time doesn't exactly help nor is it productive.

DemonLord98

Oct 11, 2019
Some of you on this thread are the most impatient people on the internet istg. Sorry the dev doesn't want the next release of the game to be a bug-ridden errorfest and you can't get your rocks off for another couple of days. Doesn't mean they're comparable at all to Boda. This same shit happened leading up to 0.8 and Taery had to release an incomplete version because people on this thread couldn't wait two days before starting a revolution. I understand it a bit more for patrons, y'all are paying for the development and it's very frustrating when it feels like that money is being wasted on a project that goes nowhere, but Taery has been working on getting this update ready and working, and constantly deriding them and comparing them to the slimiest devs on the platform all the time doesn't exactly help nor is it productive.
I agree completely. However if you are a developer, you always have to be careful with delays. I AM NOT saying he is like Boda, however, stop giving us dates then delaying. It's rude and just plain a lie.

4.80 star(s) 29 Votes