RPGM Katalist [v0.097.6] [Tearycian]

4.80 star(s) 29 Votes

2341Name

Sep 1, 2018
What progress report? theres been nothing on the patreon for a long time, if there was one posted on discord could you post it here?
No, I meant the old progress reports from a few months back, BigBoss shared them. 0.096 was (originally) meant to be a single update before Teary decided to split it in three parts so that bugfixing would be easier. The progress reports are for all three parts of 0.096 as a whole.

Mar 17, 2021
yeah, i'll take a look at it later. the version i played was the very first one, and only had a handful of scenes. league is ok in my book (i never played LoL), but i agree that it has issues. for gladia... well, there are technically 2 fights that i'm aware of, but one of them is part of the prelude and not repeatable. i'm honestly not really following the thread, but i don't think there was an update recently. supposedly there is one around the corner (that will also fix the aweful performance that plagues it), but no idea when. i just felt like throwing it in since it seems to be fairly popular.
I've been following the Gladia thread for a while now. There will definitely be some updates coming soon; the graphics in the game has changed quite a bit since its release-I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully there will be more content with the upgrades.

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
I've been following the Gladia thread for a while now. There will definitely be some updates coming soon; the graphics in the game has changed quite a bit since its release-I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully there will be more content with the upgrades.
The issues I personally have with Gladia is lack of variety..I enjoy the art its good
but the thing other games have is variety in the mistresses/doms/succub/ect
I can power past characters that dont appeal to me(either design-wise or kink-wise)
Gladia has had the same 'mistress' since it first released, and I have no interest in her design :\

Test202

Oct 4, 2020
Gladia it's kind of a hot mess. It seems the creator is often second guessing themselves on what they want to do with the game. Found this out trying to carry old saves to newer versions.

Bielan24

Jun 10, 2022
I'm stuck. No matter if I save the boy from under the tower, I can't move the plot forward. I talk about ghost with Miki and Dominic, Vaila talks about Jalie and nothing comes of it. I have 0.096_P2 F

Last edited:

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
I'm stuck. No matter if I save the boy from under the tower, I can't move the plot forward. I talk about ghost with Miki and Dominic, Vaila talks about Jalie and nothing comes of it. I have 0.096_P2 F
iirc you are at the end of main story content

2341Name

Sep 1, 2018
But what about Miki story? It wasn't update on last patch?
If Dominic is hanging out at Vaila's house and Trent confronted you after class, you've done everything in the main story so far.

AFAIK the next update expands it, but we don't know when that'll come.

Mlynarz

Apr 26, 2022
Hello I have two questions, the first how to pull the plot of miss.macy after she caught me smelling her shoes and does not want to call me? and the second how to fix the bug with Beverly all the time comes after me after class and when she wants to ask her for something says that she goes and see I have to change something in the game code or how? PLs help

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Now I don't want to hit with negativity or anything, but in all seriousness, I always had as an annoyance when I see games with pretty weird Version Control systems. Developments that use things like "v0.0.2.0.1.0.3452", and when the reason for the convoluted-ness of the Versioning is pretty weak. I'd rather see something more vague, but honest and truthful about the current information, such as "v15", in which that would signify that it is the 15th version of the game, and, at worst, using decimals (sparringly) for small bugfixes with really no added content.
The more you go into using decimals, and the more you use, the more you get caught up within them and extremely convoluted reasons for having them. It also leads to having messy development pace, since you'll always have the option to quickly push forward few small fixes as individual versions, with added decimals, instead of focusing on more consistent versions, to warrant having few (preferably no) decimals.
Also, using things like "v0.XYZ" is bound to have you either over or underestimate the amount of final content you'll make for the game. Unless you plan extremely far ahead (rarely doable), you'll most likely, during development, end up both cutting some content out and adding some more, throwing off any early estimates of such type. It's best to not use version systems that imply percentages of a whole, and instead focus on mentioning how many versions have there been so far, or at worst split the development into higher stages (such as Alpha/Beta or Chapters/Volumes).
I did see this game as a good example of that. For a while, I did notice some pretty ridiculous and arbitrary version names, especially when I saw multiple "F"s appended at the end, but now it went way overboard. As of now, the latest version, it's official name, is "v0.096_P2FF (ReUploadFixes) 'Stable' ". It goes way too far, has even independent words to it, and even ignoring those (since there are times when you specify a "Bugfix" version, but still, you'd rather not use many full words in your version name), we're not only still at the 2nd and 3rd decimal (as it was before), hoping soon for a v0.1 to form, but also, appended to that via underscore, yet another system that had been used a bit before for other versions, with "P2" representing the idea of Part 2 of the normal update v0.096 (since he did decide to split the update instead of delaying further), and the "F"s used each showing another successive Bugfix, which means that "v0.096_P2FF" is the 2nd Bugfix version of "v0.096_P2". We dwelved wayyy into the Version-ing by this point.

I do understand Teary's decision to not label a version as "stable" (and thus, leave it as at least a normal decimal version instead of appending further letters and numbers to it) unless he deems it as such, but conversely, he's showing the downsides of actually releasing each and every bugfix you make. Not only it might need further polish (to not cause further bugs, as is known for this game), but also it would need more, well, bugs being fixed, or development for that matter. By using this version control names, he's creating the perfect excuses to release more often, but less-polished, with fewer developments, versions. Even subconsciously, he's already doing it, since as of now the rate at which he develops the game has heavily decreased as a result of this (the rate should be judged by the amount of actual content and development for the game relative to the time it took for it to be made). Not only that, but he also invited the possibility of further appending more naming conventions to the versions (such as it is now, with "(ReUploadFixes) 'Stable' "), which will also subconsciously allow him to release with each version even less content / development (since it's logically an increase on a lower decimal level), and at this rate, actual game development might slow to a halt as he ends up releasing small bugfix versions at the rate he was once releasing full, stable, versions with proper amount of content to justify for the time between one another.

Hope this comes across, still, as constructive critisism. Even an otherwise small aspect of development, the version number, can actually have a big impact on how the development continues from there on out.

Reactions: Martlo

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
Now I don't want to hit with negativity or anything, but in all seriousness, I always had as an annoyance when I see games with pretty weird Version Control systems. Developments that use things like "v0.0.2.0.1.0.3452", and when the reason for the convoluted-ness of the Versioning is pretty weak. I'd rather see something more vague, but honest and truthful about the current information, such as "v15", in which that would signify that it is the 15th version of the game, and, at worst, using decimals (sparringly) for small bugfixes with really no added content.
The more you go into using decimals, and the more you use, the more you get caught up within them and extremely convoluted reasons for having them. It also leads to having messy development pace, since you'll always have the option to quickly push forward few small fixes as individual versions, with added decimals, instead of focusing on more consistent versions, to warrant having few (preferably no) decimals.
Also, using things like "v0.XYZ" is bound to have you either over or underestimate the amount of final content you'll make for the game. Unless you plan extremely far ahead (rarely doable), you'll most likely, during development, end up both cutting some content out and adding some more, throwing off any early estimates of such type. It's best to not use version systems that imply percentages of a whole, and instead focus on mentioning how many versions have there been so far, or at worst split the development into higher stages (such as Alpha/Beta or Chapters/Volumes).
I did see this game as a good example of that. For a while, I did notice some pretty ridiculous and arbitrary version names, especially when I saw multiple "F"s appended at the end, but now it went way overboard. As of now, the latest version, it's official name, is "v0.096_P2FF (ReUploadFixes) 'Stable' ". It goes way too far, has even independent words to it, and even ignoring those (since there are times when you specify a "Bugfix" version, but still, you'd rather not use many full words in your version name), we're not only still at the 2nd and 3rd decimal (as it was before), hoping soon for a v0.1 to form, but also, appended to that via underscore, yet another system that had been used a bit before for other versions, with "P2" representing the idea of Part 2 of the normal update v0.096 (since he did decide to split the update instead of delaying further), and the "F"s used each showing another successive Bugfix, which means that "v0.096_P2FF" is the 2nd Bugfix version of "v0.096_P2". We dwelved wayyy into the Version-ing by this point.

I do understand Teary's decision to not label a version as "stable" (and thus, leave it as at least a normal decimal version instead of appending further letters and numbers to it) unless he deems it as such, but conversely, he's showing the downsides of actually releasing each and every bugfix you make. Not only it might need further polish (to not cause further bugs, as is known for this game), but also it would need more, well, bugs being fixed, or development for that matter. By using this version control names, he's creating the perfect excuses to release more often, but less-polished, with fewer developments, versions. Even subconsciously, he's already doing it, since as of now the rate at which he develops the game has heavily decreased as a result of this (the rate should be judged by the amount of actual content and development for the game relative to the time it took for it to be made). Not only that, but he also invited the possibility of further appending more naming conventions to the versions (such as it is now, with "(ReUploadFixes) 'Stable' "), which will also subconsciously allow him to release with each version even less content / development (since it's logically an increase on a lower decimal level), and at this rate, actual game development might slow to a halt as he ends up releasing small bugfix versions at the rate he was once releasing full, stable, versions with proper amount of content to justify for the time between one another.

Hope this comes across, still, as constructive critisism. Even an otherwise small aspect of development, the version number, can actually have a big impact on how the development continues from there on out.
long story short, youre bored and cant find a new game to fap too D=
its okay alot of us are in the same boat as I feel like its been forever since any game I play has had an update
FemU Zero has been the saving grace with the weekly updates but with the updates being weekly not alot of content gets added in

is there really no other games asides from bo wei and deka that do this style? X_X

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Well, in all honesty I was more peeved by the versioning, lots of games do it in funky ways, as for games to play, I'm pretty varied in tastes so it's no biggie overall.

is there really no other games asides from bo wei and deka that do this style? X_X
Well, there are plenty more Femdom RPG games, of varying complexity, mechanics and styles. Depends also on what you'd like to see. For some random examples, try, as creators, SaltySai (a couple of small, fan-game style games), CrimsonGrey (2 3D models game, I did see so far predominantly Foot fetish in them), Hyper-Mind Graphics (2 3d games but with lezdom); as for some games, Under the Witch (Unity big-size game, but not much actual content so far) or even Dominant Witches (an Renpy maker game, huge on Futanari stuff).
There are even some new contenders more specific to Femdom RPG, such as A New Life in Submission by Zenkuro, Gladia, Escape from Misandria, Leonelli's games, and a few others. Really, there are enough games for good while imo, and that's just for an initial playthrough, considering that you could replay them for scenes whenever you wish (and with enough games, there will be big enough variety as well). But it does depend on personal preferences as well.

datguy4321

Apr 14, 2020
long story short, youre bored and cant find a new game to fap too D=
its okay alot of us are in the same boat as I feel like its been forever since any game I play has had an update
FemU Zero has been the saving grace with the weekly updates but with the updates being weekly not alot of content gets added in

Tastysox makes the best foot femdom games, but they are not really of this style. Still recommend.

Aug 23, 2020

Having such a long version number is common on larger projects such as windows itself. Several variable place holders signify what version of a specific API you're using, or what the latest work one of your team members has uploaded.

For a project on RPGM it's plainly not needed. Even if you're splitting your project which no developer should ever do. Ever. If you cannot develop with modularity when that is the goal without splitting the project you are out of your depth and need to ask for help.

Forks on the other hand, are common on large open source projects... Where hundreds if not thousands of people are working collectively. At that stage though, it's something that usually occurs due to fundamental compatibility issues, where origin code needs replacing/rewriting, and the end product differs so much that it's not even the same project any more.

Teary "Splitting" his project, is like saying, I'm not working on this project any more. Other people are, and my hands are washed.

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeMSG

Apulonir

Jul 27, 2019
LOL, Bonnie gifts money? What did you use to change it? RPG Maker engine or...? (Also, those were Teary experiments; he never actually called them, but I have no idea why he removed them...)

Here's the stuff Teary removed. Added two choices to "Crawl" (which requires you to have her Assdom Dilan at least once, I've got a save where it's enabled just in case), now you can call those events. I'll migrate the common events to the current version but make sure you backup your data and js folders!! And yes, I mean the current ones too!!

Can only use 20 pictures per post so...

Destroy with farts (Teary's Test 1, Common Event 393)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Toilet Slut (Teary's Test 2, Common Event 394)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And there you go. Remember...
1) Backup your /data/, /js/ and /save/ folders. Also, version 0.075 only had 22 save slots.
2) Rename CommonEvents.json in the current /data/ to something you'll remember. Extract and copy the modified CommonEvents.json with old 0.075 test events injected into common event 387 - Bonnie's crawling ("worshipping") routine - to the current /data/ folder.
3) Optional: If F95 choices make you laugh a bit too much or you find them unfunny, rename them to something better. You can find that text in CommonEvents.json, use a text editor. ONLY REPLACE THE STRINGS, don't touch the rest of the JSON unless you know what you're doing!
4) Optional: If you didn't unlock Crawling (Special>Crawl...) for Bonnie in special because you didn't get assdommed and don't want to mess with switches, take the attached save too. Rename the save to your liking if needed, the number suffix is the saveslot it will be on.
5) Run the game, load a save (see 4 if you don't have a proper save) then fight Bonnie and immediately use Special>Crawl...
6) Test the stuff that got removed and have fun.

(Also, screens are from testing done from 0.075 files. In the current version, use arrows to bring up "F95" choices lol.)
how do i fix this and see that removed scenes?
i did all step by step as u explained, and when i enter ur save file, this happen, what i did wrong?

4.80 star(s) 29 Votes