RPGM Katalist [v0.097.6] [Tearycian]

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
well, Dilan still seems to have quite some fun. succubus pheromones are one thing, but neither macky nor the schoolgirls have any of that. not minding to die (again and again) too much is a big plus as a katalist i suppose.
nice to see protoman showing up, i'm a huge fan. made me listen to his whistle concert from megaman 3 right away :giggle:

BB777

Mar 17, 2020
Guys, wait a minute...
(There are no updates since January/February... soo I'm jonesing)

Update 0.8 was supposed to come out at the end of the last month. Then postponed to the middle of this month. Then postponed another couple of days. And now it's 10 days since the "prank" post on patreon...

Is there any news on when something anything will be released?

Or is this game dead(?)

Reactions: DogStar

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
I do agree that Dilan is hilarious, and the opening really kept me playing and going. This game has lots of charm to it :)

One thing that is exciting to me is other “real” world women being added, I think having a nice blend of the two is really awesome.

Can anyone tell me where the covert cube is? I unlocked It but I don’t seem to have it, is it just in your room?

I also need to look around for some new buildings apparently... that or I just haven’t unlocked them since I’m not past Miki yet.

Reactions: QueensThrone

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
Yeah, I can totally see how the toxicity is due to ppl venting their frustrations out in this thread, whether directly at Teary or indirectly. Welp, nothing we can do about it besides ignoring those people.

I just hope we get Vaina content at some point. She the cutest.

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
If I recall correctly, the cube appears in Dilan's room - and the game should prompt you (or was it a night event...?)

You then have to press C to use it. This is the less intuitive part, actually, at least it was for me. Can't recall if it was bahamut, Superman or Nait Sieve helping me here, but I went nuts trying to activate the damn thing then facepalmed. Even checked the code and facepalmed again.

(Check your inventory for a cube if you don't recall that scene. If you don't have the cube and it won't trigger, you might have to fix the save or add it manually. Make sure you don't add the wrong one, one of them is an apparent placeholder lol.)
I went and got into the area, spent the "currency" on a few things. Maybe I need to edit it in then eh? Lemme go check and I will edit this post if I find something out.

Edit : Yeah its not in my room anymore. Guess I will try to look around in the files...

Double edit : I have no clue what I am doing in the files, am I just supposed to have something to directly edit the save file? Finding the correct Cube in the Items file was easy enough, it was the one that actually had a description.

Sorry am n00b, do I just need to download a piece of software to save edit properly?

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019
While I apologize for suggesting that some my fellow Katalist enjoyers were of the Homonoidea family, my point stands. Be grateful, don't cause such an uproar over a delay or three and if you don't like it then you don't have to subscribe yourself to Katalist content anymore. Now my brothers and possible sisters, let us commence in humble prayer(just a joke I'm not pushing any religion) to a sooner ver.8 release.

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
You can either use an online save editor (like ) or a standalone (extract and run) from the RPG Maker Save Editors thread. MVEdit uses the command-line to turn your save into JSON, let you edit it manually (in a text editor) and then 'encrypt' it back, while RPGMakerSaveEdit uses a graphical interface and makes it very easy if you don't exactly like modifying 'raw' saves.

No worries, if you're still a bit in the dark after this, feel free to post and ask for help.
I backed up the original save, and tried adding in both cubes (only one at a time, and separately, since the one that had an actual description didn't work) and I can't seem to use it. I can go to use it on myself but I just get the error sound, and I tried at the ritual site, in my room, and in the witch's house. I guess its borked...? :(

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
While I apologize for suggesting that some my fellow Katalist enjoyers were of the Homonoidea family, my point stands. Be grateful, don't cause such an uproar over a delay or three and if you don't like it then you don't have to subscribe yourself to Katalist content anymore. Now my brothers and possible sisters, let us commence in humble prayer(just a joke I'm not pushing any religion) to a sooner ver.8 release.
Okay but consider the following:
a) Problems don't go away unless you address them. You aren't doing Teary any favours by pretending it's fine that he's missed the same deadline multiple times.
b) Not being disappointed in Teary doesn't make you a "good fan", it just means you didn't have high hopes for him.
c) You are angrier at the people criticizing Teary than they are at Teary themselves. Ask yourself why that is, maybe?

Last edited:

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
Game development on Katalist always seem to cause a fuss so might as well keep it simple.

Let's see if this stays this time.Not even pressing C works? You can't use it as a regular item, that's the catch. It's easily fixable but as already stated, end users doing the developer's work without any intent to get credit for it get yelled at (for some reason). It's like getting yelled at in a bar for cleaning the table and bringing back the cups and dishes because to you, it's common sense. Not your job, sure, but it's your job to clean up your own mess, out of politeness at the very least, and you're not depriving anyone of any money. Fascinating.

Also, this is why I also highly discourage the use of plugins all over the place in a game, especially your very first game, and especially if you've never touched code. RPG Maker is designed to be easy, but as they added more and more features, it's now easy to get way over your head, add tons of plugins made by others you don't even need, and enter debugging hell - and you all brought this on yourself.

You don't use an entire jQuery library and tons of calls for a JavaScript one-liner.
Ok this has been interesting, for you its bound to C? I can't really read what it says on the keybind, it looks like "Trade [W]" maybe? But mine is bound to M. Im gunna experiment with trying it in the original save and see if it does anything. If not now I have it working, thanks for the help! Online save editor was great :)

Edit : Yeah I can visit her without it! Very interesting.... perhaps the cube never actually is supposed to go in your inventory? I see there is an upgraded version of it, idk this is all quite interesting. For now I think I will play with it in my key items. Makes sense to me, and I could've sworn I had seen it there at first!

Sep 20, 2019
Okay but consider the following:
a) Problems don't go away unless you address them. You aren't doing Teary any favours by pretending it's fine that he's missed the same deadline multiple times.
b) Not being disappointed in Teary doesn't make you a "good fan", it just means you didn't have high hopes for him.
c) You are angrier at the people criticizing Teary than they are at Teary themselves. Ask yourself why that is, maybe?
A.) While it is true that no issues ever go away without being addressed, meeting those issues with aggression does nothing for either party.
B.) Trust me, whenever I see that Katalist wasn’t updated, I get a little down but I don’t make a comment every day. Also of course I don’t have high expectations, I think that he’s doing it at all is pretty cool. I know it’s not something I can do and I don’t need Teary’s validation as a fan, I’ll just enjoy the content he puts out.
C.) Lastly I’m angry at misplaced aggression and attitude. It’s comparable to watching spoiled children cry over a toy when they didn’t get the color they wanted. Seeing pages of complaints about something that is provided for free baffles me. Of course you could provide constructive criticism(which some do) but when it’s just whining, you could find something else to occupy your time. The whole internet is out there surely you can find something.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
A.) While it is true that no issues ever go away without being addressed, meeting those issues with aggression does nothing for either party.
B.) Trust me, whenever I see that Katalist wasn’t updated, I get a little down but I don’t make a comment every day. Also of course I don’t have high expectations, I think that he’s doing it at all is pretty cool. I know it’s not something I can do and I don’t need Teary’s validation as a fan, I’ll just enjoy the content he puts out.
C.) Lastly I’m angry at misplaced aggression and attitude. It’s comparable to watching spoiled children cry over a toy when they didn’t get the color they wanted. Seeing pages of complaints about something that is provided for free baffles me. Of course you could provide constructive criticism(which some do) but when it’s just whining, you could find something else to occupy your time. The whole internet is out there surely you can find something.
a) From what I've seen most of the people being aggresive have been the ones trying to defend Teary and pretending nothing's wrong, not the ones complaining about the delays.
b) People hoping he can be better than he has been these past months aren't being unreasonable, they're just hoping he gets back to his usual self (pre 0.079). Those aren't even high hopes really.
c) See, now you're the one being aggresive once more, by making the "spoiled children" comparison. And there it is again, this weird notion that if you're getting something for free then you've got no right to complain about it. Following your logic then cast removal injuries aren't something you can complain about if you live in a country with free healthcare. People are free to do what they want, just like how you're free to whine about other people whining. Personally I've always been one to whine when I see people whining about other people whining, but at least I have some self-awareness about it.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019
a) From what I've seen most of the people being aggresive have been the ones trying to defend Teary and pretending nothing's wrong, not the ones complaining about the delays.
b) People hoping he can be better than he has been these past months aren't being unreasonable, they're just hoping he gets back to his usual self (pre 0.079). Those aren't even high hopes really.
c) See, now you're the one being aggresive once more, by making the "spoiled children" comparison. And there it is again, this weird notion that if you're getting something for free then you've got no right to complain about it. Following your logic then cast removal injuries aren't something you can complain about if you live in a country with free healthcare. People are free to do what they want, just like how you're free to whine about other people whining. Personally I've always been one to whine when I see people whining about other people whining, but at least I have some self-awareness about it.
These shall be my final remarks on this conversation as it is nonbeneficial and serves no one. I would not have made my original post if there wasn't people who acted the way I had described, I gain nothing from spreading lies on an internet forum. While there are a few of the "teachers pets" kind of people that overly defend him, I can't say that I like either but I don't see them nearly as much. Perhaps that's selective on my end so I won't disregard your point. About subject B, you're absolutely right in hope not being unreasonable, however if they were worded or conveyed as hope and not complete and utter disappointment and anger , I would have looked the other way completely. Lastly I never stated that I wasn't angry, so there's no need to call me ignorant, I recognize that much and I imagine that anyone who read my remarks knew as much. And if you wish to compare a physical injury to an online game by all means but as someone who doesn't have free healthcare, I would probably just say screw it to the removal injury. Now if I had been raised in a free healthcare country I likely would've complained as I would have had higher standards and expectations. Basically at the end of the day I don't believe we'll see eye to eye and that's perfectly fine, I don't wish to directly make an enemy of anyone. I can't stop people from whining, they'll make that post with or without my approval so I won't pursue the argument any further. Best regards to you and continued prayers for sooner Katalist updates as always.

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes