4.90 star(s) 99 Votes

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
katawa_shoujo_f95wiki_top_pic_by_jpsimon.jpg
I am attaching a that I had made to the OP. It has a lot more information than the walkthrough in the OP (which, I have to admit, I take some pride in. I really like that embedded walkthrough). But has a lot of details. Since it's a rip, some of the formatting may be wonky. Text a little too large in some spots, or oddly positioned line breaks. But it gets the job done. Just in case anyone is interested in such things.

The picture above was the header image I made for the Wiki page. The image, logo excluded, was from one of the artbooks. I thought it was the perfect visual summation of Katawa Shoujo.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jan 1, 2018
View attachment 218486
I am attaching a that I had made to the OP. It has a lot more information than the walkthrough in the OP (which, I have to admit, I take some pride in. I really like that embedded walkthrough). But has a lot of details. Since it's a rip, some of the formatting may be wonky. Text a little too large in some spots, or oddly positioned line breaks. But it gets the job done. Just in case anyone is interested in such things.

The picture above was the header image I made for the Wiki page. The image, logo excluded, was from one of the artbooks. I thought it was the perfect visual summation of Katawa Shoujo.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well thank YOU for all you've done. I can understand how this game/VN inspires some people to go above and beyond, and you certainly did!

Van95

Aug 2, 2017
So i finally got around to downloading this game. I'm probably very late in playing this VN (which I've herd is amazing from all the spoiler free reviews and feedback I've found on the net) and I was wondering if i should play the pre alpha repair or the official release first. I was also wondering if there is any recommended route order which i should follow while progressing the game.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
So i finally got around to downloading this game. I'm probably very late in playing this VN (which I've herd is amazing from all the spoiler free reviews and feedback I've found on the net) and I was wondering if i should play the pre alpha repair or the official release first. I was also wondering if there is any recommended route order which i should follow while progressing the game.
The pre alpha repair one only has 2 routes that you can do and there both off of Lilly route.
All others are broken or did not go all the way.

If I was you play the original finish version first then after you get a handle on the 6 stories then go try the alpha's.

Only on the alpha is the pregnancy hinted at.

If you want to see and get all the CG's unlocked you must play all 6 stories with doing each one "good" "bad" and "neutral" endings if they have them.

Each story is not really connected to the others but for the NPC's are in all 6 stories.

I would just follow the walkthrough in the first post.

It has a very long opening story and as soon as you get to the first choice at the school make a save there so you can start each story from there instead of the beginning again.

Just remember there are 6 complete stories in this VN and each one to me is great.

kπ!$

Apr 18, 2018
Regarding the routes, U can easily make up your mind about which route to play based on the interactions with the girls on the common route.
By the way Lilly and Hanako routes are the most preferred.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Regarding the routes, U can easily make up your mind about which route to play based on the interactions with the girls on the common route.
By the way Lilly and Hanako routes are the most preferred.
Only to some because I prefer Emi more than the others with Lilly then Hanako followed by Rin then Shizune.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

Van95

Aug 2, 2017
Thanks for the replies guys, guess I'll start with the official release then work my way to the pre repair alpha. I also take it that summers clover is a spinoff so I guess I'll play it at the end.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Thanks for the replies guys, guess I'll start with the official release then work my way to the pre repair alpha. I also take it that summers clover is a spinoff so I guess I'll play it at the end.
Yes Summers Clover is a spinoff done by a fan.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
In the pre alpha version, are there only the 3 bad endings for Hanako? No good ending?
There is one good ending through the Lilly path and its the pregnancy one.

Wolf310

Sep 18, 2018
There is one good ending through the Lilly path and its the pregnancy one.
At the end, i was short confused.
"i'm late" Huh? Why late? Late for what? ... Oh..Oooohhh THAT i'm late.

One question is still open.
Lilly and Shizune are related, in the past they where friends until something happend. But what happend?
Shizune says only "ask Lilly", but Lilly dont talk about this.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
At the end, i was short confused.
"i'm late" Huh? Why late? Late for what? ... Oh..Oooohhh THAT i'm late.

One question is still open.
Lilly and Shizune are related, in the past they where friends until something happend. But what happend?
Shizune says only "ask Lilly", but Lilly dont talk about this.
To understand this you must play and complete all stories in the release version of the game and not the alpha's.
Shizune is a die-hard competitor and Lilly is not, Shizune wants more, more and even more to do and Lilly wants less.
Everything to Shizune is a challenge and the harder it is the more she likes it and Lilly is not.

Wolf310

Sep 18, 2018
To understand this you must play and complete all stories in the release version of the game and not the alpha's.
Shizune is a die-hard competitor and Lilly is not, Shizune wants more, more and even more to do and Lilly wants less.
Everything to Shizune is a challenge and the harder it is the more she likes it and Lilly is not.
I have played the final version too (except Shizunes route).
Your explanation makes not really sense, Misha is not brightes candle on the cake, and still Shizune and Misha are best friends.
Shizune and Lilly "hate" each other, i dont think Lilly would hate Shizune only for being a die hard competitor, in this case they would never becomes friends in the first place.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Your explanation makes not really sense, Misha is not brightes candle on the cake, and still Shizune and Misha are best friends.
Shizune and Lilly "hate" each other, i dont think Lilly would hate Shizune only for being a die hard competitor, in this case they would never becomes friends in the first place.
It is because of Shizune adding more and more work to there club that Lilly kept trying to get her to do less and they got into a big fight over it.

Either Lilly's or Shizune story tells you this.

PabloLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
I think that one of the reasons that they don't get along is because they can't communicate with each other since Shizune is deaf and Lilly is blind, if i'm not mistaken, i found this info on Wikipedia

Jan 1, 2018
Human relationships are funny, but Misha is sort of portrayed as the ONLY person who can really stand being in Shizune's sphere (unless you play the Shizune route, in which case you can add the MC to that very short list), and Misha does sort of have ulterior motives. In any case, it's clear from any route that Shizune is difficult to be around, so it shouldn't be such a surprise that she'd come into conflict with Lilly or anybody else. The fact that they were once friends can easily be explained by their respective changes while growing up. Maybe Shizune used to be less intense and Lilly used to be more ambitious. We don't really know.
Also, that thing about Lilly being unable to see Shizune's sign language makes sense, but it's the first time I've heard it.

Reactions: PabloLorenzo

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I dont know if it was in the pre-alpha or in the final, but in one szene where Hisao is thinking about Shizunes and Lillis relationship, he think about that point
The pre-alpha Shizunes can read lips and she can sign with Lilly while Lilly feels her hands.
They can talk to each other that way and I wish it was in the main game.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes
4.90 star(s) 99 Votes