VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Keepers 1: Revolution [v1.1] [Lumari]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Hromey

It start good, but further it goes, shitier it gets. First half was good, but around second half it's just downhill. Plot start becoming more and more obvious, and provided dialogue "choices" are just a joke at this point. Just an example (real in game one): NTR or game over. Well almost all the choices is: eat shit or game over. I think author just don't know how to progress plot without hurting anyone (mc, or someone close to mc) every 5 seconds. So, yeah, I don't recommend this Vn. It has good sides (like renders), but idk, man, I started reading this in such a joy, I even don't slept whole night reading this vn ( and got to work in the morning). But further I read, the less enjoyment I had, and in the end good vn turns into a cheap drama for the sake of drama and not for plot. I feel really disappointed. You can do better, Lumari. (I hope so).
    Upd. I read "Hornus" review (scroll a little bit down) and this guy said what I wanted, but better, and he mentioned what I forget to.
    Sorry for grammar, English not my first language.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

zarock

The majority of this story was amazing, good renders, good sex scenes, well-written characters, etc. Unfortunately, I can't give this one 5 stars due to the last portion of the story, which was not only downright heartbreaking but also felt a bit rushed. I'm hopeful for its sequel, though.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

ShinigamiLORD

This reads like a mediocre anime which I'm still all for, but too often the dialogue suffers predictable scenarios because of that. Topped off with bad grammar I struggled to read through it. First story I could not finish in a long time.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Dusty the Dustu

It's a nice game with a good story, has some typos here and there but they don't impact the experience that it has to offer, had moment's that actually made me feel emotional, has good variaty of choices that impact the playthrough and all character's are unique and with their own motivations . In the end I give this game a 5/5 looking forward to see more content of the Dev. (y)
  5. 4.00 star(s)

ollibolli

I loved the story, the love, sacrifices and the drama hit hard, but tht was expected. One thing though detracted from a 5-star-review. There were just way too many characters (all the queens of the dimensions) that did not have any real impact to the story. That was very confusing.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Hornus

Its a cute coming of age story, where we are following Hikari.
    A girl who first becomes a foxgirl and then a super saiyan.

For a short overview

60% lesbian 35% futa 5% rest
    No bgm
    Nice clean artwork
    Static images
    Likeable characters
    Engaging story
    Splitting paths

Honestly im left with disappointment. Not because the game is bad, but because it started really really good. Ive seen so much potential but the quality rapidly decreases halfway through.
    Im not adressing the h content here. It has its highs and lows ofc but doesnt deviate too much. While i appreciate lesbian stuff, i dislike futa and played the game despite, not because of it.

Its plot begins personally driven because... well its a personal story. Your no hero and saving the world wasnt in the job description. You got thrown into this shit.
    This premise has just sooo much potential. A new beginning in a new world in a new body. Adeventure, experience, mystery, character and relationship developement. A blank slate with a believable plot.

But at some point unfortunately the character developement stops and only the power level keeps rising. Instead of personally driven the plot becomes a grand scheme of black and white and personality gets replaced with gimmicks. At the end the main char felt repulsive to me. Getting shoved like a rook, running in circles and repeatedly switching between something like:
    I must save my love at all costs
    and:
    I have to sacrifice my love for the greater good.
    Cmon mate i care for the girls you introduced to me. Not the worlds i dont know about.

Long story short, i can see the ideas that were tried to be implemented. But it just feels rushed and unrefined. Haste makes waste. Also the lack of bgm and different art to look at points out to the grammar mistakes, that otherwise werent so bad.
    Also the hidden stat system is something i peronally like, but it makes unraveling the splits a chore.
    My conclusion half the game is good 3/5
  7. 4.00 star(s)

kvier

Keepers 1: Revolution is an incredibly good, incredibly depressing story.

Sex content is primarily bad ends, and they're largely mindbreak. Unlike some other "bad end collector" games, all of the bad ends left me feeling dirty and not at all aroused.

The use of Koikatsu for the art in a completely crapsack setting feels a bit out-of-place. It neither leans into a crapsaccharine aesthetic, nor does it change things to reflect the mood of the scene. It's just there.

I know the blurb on the front page said "soon begins to understand how horrible this world can be." but I wasn't adequately prepared. It is both a compelling page-turner, but at the same time I also regret having read it.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Ymir_Fritz

this quickly became one of my favorite novels. so many great unique characters, an interesting world, and plot that keeps you engaged. I usually don't have a tough time reading stuff with these tags, but I really cared for some of the characters some of the endings were really hard to watch. I appreciate all the hard work it took to make this story and I can't wait to get into the sequel!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

jireir

Great story, full of heartbreaking moments that make your jaw drop. It's a work of art in terms of story telling.

Only criticisms are high pace of the story in the last few chapters and the difficulty in obtaining the actual true ending. The in game mechanics used to obtain different endings are a bit annoying and require you to replay the game a few times to obtain the true ending because you need to unlock all the bad endings first to unlock the true ending which also requires you to play the game in a way that has you max out the sanity stat.

In my opinion these problems aren't that important when I take into account what a ride this game was. Each character is great, their personalities are well built and you get really used to them. The game is sometimes sad, sometimes it has its happy moments but ultimately it leads to a bittersweet ending that perfectly sets up the sequel if you obtain the true ending.

Easily one of the best games on the site.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Johnbib

It was somewhat a roller coaster. Every characcter is cute and the story feels like it wasnt that forced and actually makes sens. Hol up a h game that have god stories? is that actually possibru? yes its. By the help of the community and the awesome dev, this game might be the next best thing for all story driven h games out ther. I came for the plot, and i leave with tears
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Gachimuchachi

An outstanding game, covering a lot fetishes, amazing story, leading me to cry several times. In this game you feel connections with other characters, their development. Big and thoughtful world. Now it's one of my top-5 favorite games on this site, although I felt a lot sadness after the ending (and joy too), like succubus-futanari made a big hole in my heart.
    Would definitely recommend this game to anyone, it's just a masterpiece in my eyes, 10/10.
    The only thing I would suggest it's to add animations, but that's not important, game already contains a lot good images and content.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Chuck's formerly Sneed's

I had to wait a few days after finishing the game to write a review worthy of the whole experience. I don't even know where to start. I don't play adult VNs for the scenes, I do however absolutely love good stories with drama and while what is and isn't good is very subjective I think the author definitely achieved what he was aiming for. It was an emotional roller-coaster, the main narrative was engaging and unpredictable, the author made an interesting universe that can be expanded upon, I got attached to the characters, especially the MC and oh boy, the ending... I wish there was maybe less time skipping and even more quality time with the characters but overall I can't wait for the sequel. 10/10
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Karurumon

Came for the horny, staying for the plot. Well thought out world and (mostly) likeable characters struggling through shit situations. Strings you along with the carrot of hope while simultaneously beating you in the feels with a stick.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

OneInchMan

A MASTERPIECE! WHAT AN INCREDIBLE JOURNEY
    BEST ADVENTURE GAME IN THIS SITE and easily in my Top-5.
    From Light-hearted humour to some Horrifying Tragedy, It covered it all
    Renders were so unique that not only were they good but also packed real emotions into the scene
    I personally liked design of the MC and its character is just perfectly-done
    Some of the fights were really interesting {Loved the NARUTO reference)
    some Bad-ending were actually hard to watch
    But it also had its flaws of just too many characters(Difficulty of differentiating new characters), The Build-up was a bit messed up and there was many errors in writing which ruined the explaination of some scenes which kind of ruined the overall story for me (some explaination scene just went over my head lol)
    AND THE ENDING .....
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Despite it all, I felt this game was an emotional roller-caster at some point.
    and I highly recommend trying it. I wish you all the very best on your future promising projects, Lumari.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Jhon00133

What a game !
    The art is really good
    The story is interesting
    Character are overall good, some are introduced and quite present but not that developed (ex temate elve).
    Would recommend the game without a doubt, hyped for the second one
  16. 3.00 star(s)

alphari

Thoroughly enjoyable game, with a few problems:

1) The writing often isn't strong enough to indicate what impact your actions will have. I don't know if this is a proofreading issue or a language one, but...
    2) This exacerbates the fact that the game can and will routinely softlock if you don't build up enough of the right hidden stat and keep the other low. These can be unhidden, which makes this point little more than an annoyance, but...
    3) If you play this game all the way through making all the correct choices, you're STILL not going to be ready for part 2 because you need to actually go find the bad ends to see what really happened.

This is pretty much the single worst way to implement a true ending, making this a 3-star game instead of a 4. I still recommend it, but either start making bad choices early or just use a save editor to edit the secret value for the true ending if you don't want to reload a dozen times.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Fenix_Frost

I very rarely write anything, but this game was able to hook me. An interesting plot, and the scenes are staged so that they do not get out of it. It's all create a great story that does not let go until the end. I look forward to the second part, and I will also continue to observe the development of this one.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

FantaSee

I have to say, this game was an absolutely positive dissapointment.

Story is really engaging, although the pacing is a bit off. Some part of the story felt way too fast, most action scenes feel rushed. Almost every choice you make matters in the long run. I think the multi-threaded storytelling was executed poorly,
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Two things that i find as negative.
    1. No sound at all, im fine with no sound during H-scenes, but there is no background music, no sound effects. I think it would make the game so much more enjoyable if it had some proper scene-fitting bgm, and some basic sound effects like swords clashing.

2. An immense amount of grammar error. It only bothered me at the start, but i managed to just ignore it by the end. I understand the dev's native is not english, and i do appreciate the effort put into the script but i feel like if you just read what you wrote down you would spot these errors immidiately. If not the grammatical issues, atleast the typos.

So all in all its an easy 5/5 from me no questions asked. Im eagerly awaiting the next update.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

javadoca

Complete Version: A very interesting and original fantasy story about a girl that turns into a magical fox monster girl / youkai and has to find a way to survive this new dangerous and cruel world.

Art Quality: 10 out of 10.

Animation Quality: Does not apply.

Progression: 10 out of 10.

Interface Clarity: 10 out of 10.

Story: 10 out of 10.

Characters: 10 out of 10.

Overall javascore: 10 out of 10.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

correctbatterie

If I were to assess this with a cold objective view I maybe couldn't justify my high score. Some cause and effect can be confusing, you get no sound, you don't get a crazy amount of H scenes for the runtime.

However I am not here to look at kpi like i am buying stocks or talk about graphics or any of that. I am here to tell you that I had a great time with this and its one of the games on this site I am awaiting updates for the most, which is what really matters.

The tone and world of this game are engaging, the dev notably cares about the story and characters as well as the h content they experience. The setting overall will hurt its characters and force them to think about their situations, but it won't go grimdark on you, don't worry.

If you can get something out of getting more context to your h-scenes and particularly if you like lesdom and its associates, this game is for you and this is what my rating represents. Kiku h-scenes are the best :)