Ren'Py Kicking tires... for now.

Would you be interest in a game like I am proposing?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Hello, I am Asia. For this project, I am "TheGunmetalWarden". I presently kicking tires to see if anyone would be interested in my ideas.

After all these wonderful games I have come across and seen, I have been thinking its time to make my very own... For me, I have an artistic vision and idea of how I would like to go with this. Obviously, one thing I love is harem anime. I also really like Isekai. I love the concept and idea of travelling to another world and seeing new and fun things that are... less bad... than here on earth. I really would like to blend the two but also call back to the greats: DxD and M0nster Musume. I would like it to be in a visual novel style, however, interactive like Ace Academy or Loren the Amazon Princess... but more closer to AA, because I dont have .01 the art skills of Winter Wolves to pull that off.

Honesty time: No, I have never even remotely tried anything even in the same zip code as this before. It would be a new experience. Expect learning curves and dealing with someone who in the past has fizzled out on ideas, but I would like to give this a shot... It's been a dream of mine to make my own game. Thus, this thread. The idea came (pun unintended) to me in a daydream during work. I have a 40 hr a week job. Dev time will be SLOW. As I type this, I am setting a soft goal of Halloween. What I put out to showcase this, will be simply placeholder images and text. Prepare to drown in text. I trained in Grfx design, but I never got to the meat and potatoes. Absolute Power Corruption's art before fans helped MoriAPC, is about what you could expect if I tried to make my own art... so no... placeholders it is.
  • Details (Some left out):
  1. Truck-kun UwUs our protag into heaven. (Future plan?: Some character customization) Prepare for jokes and references. When a game does this for me, I typically squee like a little kid and feel happy when I get it. I wanna give others this feeling. Did you get this one, oh purveyor of true gender equality?
  2. Protag (I am literally calling our gentleman of gentlemans just that in here. I will try to make the name editable in Renpy so it can be changed from something that obvious...) has taken up being an amateur adventurer and farmer. He is having himself some success and has hired a loyal elven maid to maintain his homestead.
  3. Protag decides to take a quest from the adventurer's guild about a murder under strange circumstances that has a hefty reward, until he runs into a nekomata, who through events, joins him on his adventure claiming to want to help.
  4. A final boss from earlier quest, the suspect... which leads to the end of the Demo. (Hope: Multiple "endings" to carry over hopefully beyond the Demo IF THIS SUCCEEDS.)
  5. Tags for Demo: Pregnancy (optional?), Harem, Monster Girl, Demon Girl, Elf, Vaginal Sex, Creampie
  6. I dont dig Netorare/Cuck, Scat or Ryona. You can expect those are a no go. You can also expect no one to need to "hide their kids or wife" from Protag either.
So what do you think? Vote the poll... leave me a comment... Call me darling as you strangle me... Wait... no... uh... yeah back on topic... Which is response good. Yes.

Also apologies to mods if this is somehow in the wrong area... if it is, please do move it to the proper area if you would be so kind and you have my sincerest apologies for the mishap.

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
My two cents.

On your own define and layout your entire project. Then start to cut out anything that is extraneous. You can add it back in later. Anything extraneous is the stuff that doesn't tell the story or involves too much backstory. Find better ways to incorporate backstory through conversations with other characters.

If you plan to launch and use the momentum of a live project to inspire you, come up with a minimum release that is enough to tease the later project but not so much you have to struggle to get it out there.

Good luck!