4.60 star(s) 26 Votes

ejmuerte

Sep 24, 2018
You are what's wrong with stackoverflow.
ok this is the weirdest u reply to me right now, i know stackoverflow why talk about a programming language??

what i meant on my post is i found the developer's end game message where there's a room with no boss in it

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
ok this is the weirdest u reply to me right now, i know stackoverflow why talk about a programming language??

what i meant on my post is i found the developer's end game message where there's a room with no boss in it
What I was alluding to is how you said you found the end but did not mention anything about how you got there or what you were missing and sometimes people on StackOverflow can be like that, too. You'll be looking for the answer to your problem, and you see someone has created a post about it on SO, but then the only reply to it is the original poster with something along the lines of "never mind, fixed it".

Reactions: Jonlissla

Cookiedraggy

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2019
I'm actually stuck at the same point and don't know where to go.

-edit- Nevermind! I figured it out. I didn't consider how far back you have to go after getting the doublejump. I'd strongly reommend you give some kind of hint or conveyance to indicate such things. I only went back that far out of desperation and frustration after searching everywhere else I'd been several times over. xD
You mean like an actual area with visible enemies you can't get to at the start of the game? ;3 I think you just didn't pay enough attention. Metroidvania-like games require you to pay close attention to your environment and make mental notes of areas you can't get to yet. And if you forget, you just backtrack until you find the right spot. The world right now is not even big enough that it should make you feel frustrated for traversing it again.

I also want to note that a lot of these areas won't make it into the final game as-is. We're still in the process of designing the character controller and as long as that's not set in stone, none of those levels can be considered usable. The rooms right now are mostly for demo purposes. :3

Xol

Sep 11, 2017
You mean like an actual area with visible enemies you can't get to at the start of the game? ;3 I think you just didn't pay enough attention. Metroidvania-like games require you to pay close attention to your environment and make mental notes of areas you can't get to yet. And if you forget, you just backtrack until you find the right spot. The world right now is not even big enough that it should make you feel frustrated for traversing it again.

That's very easy to forget about though, by the time you've gone through all those other areas to get the double jump. I maintain that you should give *some* kind of hint that you need to go back that far. Or a map, at least. I've played plenty of metroidvania type games, and this is just a somewhat flawed design. The way that path looks, with the fireballs launching towards you the moment you re-enter that screen from the right, it looks like they can't be avoided, which is a very strong psychological nudge that says "Hey buddy, one way only- you're done here, move on!"

I also want to note that a lot of these areas won't make it into the final game as-is. We're still in the process of designing the character controller and as long as that's not set in stone, none of those levels can be considered usable. The rooms right now are mostly for demo purposes. :3
One thing that'd be quite helpful, and I hope you're planning to include, is a map. A good one that'll have some indication of areas you haven't been, and/or the ability for the player to place notes on it. That'd help a lot with these "Well, what the fuck do I do NOW? I looked everywhere!" situations. It'll help overcome any future stage design flaws somewhat.

Cookiedraggy

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2019
Yeah a minimap is definitely coming, but not until later! ^-^

Fireballs can be avoided by rolling, which you learn in the gauntlet run area.

ejmuerte

Sep 24, 2018
What I was alluding to is how you said you found the end but did not mention anything about how you got there or what you were missing and sometimes people on StackOverflow can be like that, too. You'll be looking for the answer to your problem, and you see someone has created a post about it on SO, but then the only reply to it is the original poster with something along the lines of "never mind, fixed it".
u could have simply ask "how did you get there?" and yes there are times that i dont give hints on "how to get past on that level" i just simply reply it shortly w/o giving a hint.

sts787b

May 1, 2018
if you're going to make a game this hard, fix the checkpoints man. i literally gave up. it's not worth the effort of redoing half the level, 50 times.
On this note, why have you made it so hard all of a sudden? It was super fun an easy and now it's like one of those games designed to annoy youtube creators.

Reactions: Drazzin and Xol

forkranger

Feb 14, 2018
Very nice game, very polished. I hope you focus more on H content at this point, because I think you have the mechanics 97% there.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hello!

Just a heads up: The new enemy poll is out for patrons. If you want to participate and support the game, head over to and pick your team! ^_^
Does that come with the option of hemipenes for C and D?
No matter which one it'll be, I am confident that you'll make something wonderful out of it like you did the lizard and slime enemies.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I'm sorry but F is the only logical choice here. Also I notice the lack of anything equine, is that something you arent planning on doing?

4.60 star(s) 26 Votes