VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes

Taito

Oct 29, 2017
Now the loong wait for the next update started.. damn.
And the Free Use statement...this gonna be good!
Again, excellent writing, i just love how the siblings talk to each other.

I just wonder since you can choose not to "save" Marie, what will happend to her?
And one more like a personal reference question... in an apocalypse, will they have razors?
i think i saw pubic hair in Sam:unsure: for me, i hope they got some :p

Last edited:
Reactions: inkalicious

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
I'll admit, I was not expecting THAT exactly out of Sam, but I knew there was something about her going on.

I wonder if Megan will just end up cracking if next chapter if she finds out they're both like that.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Is it only me or is the game not really made around incest? The older woman is not old enough to be a mother, moreover the banter and conversation between the mc and the girls does not give the slightest hint that they are all related. The incest patch feels forced on this one.
I enjoyed my non-incest play through more than the incest one. Might have been because I played it that way first, so who knows.

The only thing that prevents me from agreeing 100% is the title. Certainly sounds like a family-centric game.
I can't talk about the incest thing, but...

The older female's look is down to my lack of Honey Select skills at the beginning of the project. Not sure I'd be any better now though.

I've tried to write a closeness to their relationships that's more than just survivors thrown together.
Though as a big fan of subtleties, I've not focused on obvious bonds, but mainly on the fact that although the characters are struggling with each other, they're determined to keep their group together.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
interesting update, i gotta say. but i can't shake the feeling that the decision ya can choose don't affect the story all too much. it feels more like a kinetic novel (apart from the decision to either help that girl in the mall or not).

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
Did Megan and Sam have default names in Ch 1 & 2? I don't remember that being there, though I'm an idiot, so I can't say for certain.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Did Megan and Sam have default names in Ch 1 & 2? I don't remember that being there, though I'm an idiot, so I can't say for certain.
Your memory is fine. It's a new addition after I discovered default names where a preference for some.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
interesting update, i gotta say. but i can't shake the feeling that the decision ya can choose don't affect the story all too much. it feels more like a kinetic novel (apart from the decision to either help that girl in the mall or not).
Ohhhh. It is right that there are no obvious forks in the paths, but I'm a bastard.
You've already made decisions on your future relationships and others that might bite you on the ass later.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
Ohhhh. It is right that there are no obvious forks in the paths, but I'm a bastard.
You've already made decisions on your future relationships and others that might bite you on the ass later.
I've noticed that regardless of the choice the situations tend to end up the same, but I figured that since the female characters main problem with you was being a skeevy perv about everything, that if you correct that behavior, the MC's life will end up better.

Hopefully I'm not wrong about that.

By the by, your Skip is broken. I had to start a new save, so I tried skipping to the new content and started skipping new content when I got there. I double checked to make sure I didn't have "Unseen Text" selected and I didn't. It still allowed me to skip through things.

Reactions: Komedian7

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
Why do I feel like Marie has to get more people to ransom her "friend"? She is really trying to latch onto the MC. A bit more than what is believable if it's "just survival". Definitely an ulterior motive. And I'm pretty sure she didn't just develop a crush on MC. Unless she is a generic yandere. In that case it's fine.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
Why do I feel like Marie has to get more people to ransom her "friend"? She is really trying to latch onto the MC. A bit more than what is believable if it's "just survival". Definitely an ulterior motive. And I'm pretty sure she didn't just develop a crush on MC. Unless she is a generic yandere. In that case it's fine.
"Only port in a storm" syndrome maybe? But yeah there is definitely something up with her. I have two playthroughs with her now, one where I let her "reward me" and one where I didn't.

I'm also worried about the playthrough where I let her have a knife, but who knows. I did it just because I thought it would keep her alive.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
"Only port in a storm" syndrome maybe? But yeah there is definitely something up with her. I have two playthroughs with her now, one where I let her "reward me" and one where I didn't.

I'm also worried about the playthrough where I let her have a knife, but who knows. I did it just because I thought it would keep her alive.
Same. I actually sat, staring at the choices for a full minute before handing the knife over. I should reload back to where you can help against the zombies or leave her and see what future might come from leaving her on her own.

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes