VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes

Cooling Prob

Mar 7, 2019
Sounds like Bill and Vicki locked in the closet together in Freaks and Geeks when Bill says something like "there's always a movie playing in my head"......

All these ideas swirling around in the chamber :) Bill and Vicki would have made a fantastic couple..just like Landrey and Tyra on Friday Night Lights

Last edited:
Reactions: inkalicious

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
When will the next release be released?

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
When will the next release be released?
inkalicious You should make a $5 tier on your Patreon.
I'm working to release in the next few weeks. I was hoping for end of the month, but I had to work (and have to take work when I can get it). But it's coming along.

I've thought long and hard about how to use Patreon and my current thoughts are:

I'm going to continue doing what I'm doing, and if someone wants to give me their hard earned cash then it's a great ego boost and shows appreciation / faith in the project (which doesn't take away anything from your guys appreciation. Honest.)
I also feel that rewards could seem forced, or take time away from producing the VN, so tip jars it is.
Hopefully I've found a nice compromise in using pledges as multipliers in polls. So if you pledge $1 you get one vote, but $5 (the multiplier cap) makes your vote worth x5. A small thing, and I have a couple of patrons who are near or at that level.

I've run a few polls on a side project and I think it's working. I really do enjoy getting players involved in production and I'm always , always wrong about what I think will win. ...Which doesn't say much about me understanding my audience.
The Redburns will have polls after the release of Chapter 4.

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
I'm working to release in the next few weeks. I was hoping for end of the month, but I had to work (and have to take work when I can get it). But it's coming along.

I've thought long and hard about how to use Patreon and my current thoughts are:

I'm going to continue doing what I'm doing, and if someone wants to give me their hard earned cash then it's a great ego boost and shows appreciation / faith in the project (which doesn't take away anything from your guys appreciation. Honest.)
I also feel that rewards could seem forced, or take time away from producing the VN, so tip jars it is.
Hopefully I've found a nice compromise in using pledges as multipliers in polls. So if you pledge $1 you get one vote, but $5 (the multiplier cap) makes your vote worth x5. A small thing, and I have a couple of patrons who are near or at that level.

I've run a few polls on a side project and I think it's working. I really do enjoy getting players involved in production and I'm always , always wrong about what I think will win. ...Which doesn't say much about me understanding my audience.
It would be easier to just make a $5 tier, not everybody knows you can make custom pledges on Patreon. I just subscribed for $5 anyway.

Cooling Prob

Mar 7, 2019

In these games it's always so important ..... and so appreciated be kept in the loop or a big fan go nuts ..No what I mean lol

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
In these games it's always so important ..... and so appreciated be kept in the loop or a big fan go nuts ..No what I mean lol
Yeah. I'm terrible at updates. Mainly as each update could be a cookie cutter post saying 'Still alive. Still creating. But had to work and do other unavoidable stuff. So no deadline yet. Sorry.'

I genuinely do look at doing some nice teaser posts, but I feel everything is a spoiler. There's literally no worthwhile image in the next Chapter that doesn't give a clue to a plot thread.
Once the action with the girls start, it'll be easier. Then it'll be sultry teasing and legs akimbo all over the place.

Reactions: jkIII

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
inkalicious You should say that patrons get an extra episode. :love:
Ha! That's an arms race I'll always lose... Hey, wait a minute! You're trying to get an extra episode for yourself!

Many thanks for the patronage, but no extra episode for you.
I do wonder about creators that produce special releases for patrons. Because, of course, that's the release that ends up in sites like this.
Patreon isn't Kickstarter, but it does seems odd that your lower tier patrons would have to visit other sites to get a version of the game they'd prefer to play.

Reactions: Macheath

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
Yeah. I'm terrible at updates. Mainly as each update could be a cookie cutter post saying 'Still alive. Still creating. But had to work and do other unavoidable stuff. So no deadline yet. Sorry.'

I genuinely do look at doing some nice teaser posts, but I feel everything is a spoiler. There's literally no worthwhile image in the next Chapter that doesn't give a clue to a plot thread.
Once the action with the girls start, it'll be easier. Then it'll be sultry teasing and legs akimbo all over the place.
Many people do that kind of update. While some of them may be honest, they are mostly not. However, some form of way to actually see progress would be a very nice thing. Updates don't necessarily have to show a teaser or be dumbed down to "yeah, I'm working".
For some reason many people avoid talking about the number of scenes they planned for next update and how much is done. As you have said, you have the story of Redburns mostly on paper/planned. And I would assume that you also know the next several "scenes" you'd make and have a vague idea as to where you will end next update. I do believe that just talking about the length and number of scenes and what part is done about them could be something you could update people on if you wanted to. It doesn't give people any solid leads on the plot, but it is still some food for speculation, which keeps interest alive.
It may seem like I'm calling you out "y u no do dis?" or something, but that's not the intention, so please, keep that in mind. Sadly, I'm quite bad at saying what I want in the way I intend it.

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes