VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
@inkalicious
Man, these characters are awesome! Especially Sam (what a tease), I'm totally in love with them as well as the story and setting presented here. Well done! And good luck with the project.

I have a question though if you don't mind, is there any chance of you adding some optional urination scenes involving Sam in a future update for those of us who have a urination fetish? That scene were she needed to use the toilet was a bit of a turn on for me because I got excited at the thought of seeing her use the sink or something out of desperation. I'll admit I was a little sad when nothing actually happened :LOL:

I'm already going to support you on Patreon but if you were to add an optional peeing scene or two involving Sam in a future version, it would be a very hefty bonus that I (and I'm sure many others) would very much appreciate :giggle:
Glad you're enjoying it Mahgni.

There are Patreon polls arriving after Chapter 4, but at the moment they're character specific, not for events or the story.
I thought about opening up more to votes, but I have more than enough to produce at the moment.

I also don't want to give too much away, but there is an optional pee-related event in a future chapter. Unfortunately it won't be ongoing content and how it happens is... relevant to the characters situation, so not sure if it'll tick the box or not.

I'm such a tease.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Big post ahead...

I'd like to thank everyone for their comments and feedback. It helps to know when characters, plot devices and the story are working and where things need improving.

One thing that's cropped up a few times is the belief that decisions don't have much effect. This is very far from the truth, but I completely understand why it seems that way.

I'm not going to change the VN, but I also don't want my audience to feel that they've been ambushed by unreasonable future WTF moments. No Daenerys plot twists here, so I'm going to explain my approach and some thinking in a couple of spoilers.

If you're happy just playing, no need to read these, just know your decisions have effects, however small.
If you'd like a little glimpse into my thought process, read the first spoiler.
Second spoiler contains spoilers for real.

For those reading back, this post was written soon after the release of Chapter 3.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

LouWill

Feb 3, 2018
Wanted to say that this game puts on a CLINIC in storytelling, and the slow but surefire buildup of emotions. Your choices do feel like they carry some heft. I have very minor criticisms, if at all. I thought Marie gave into falling for the protagonist rather quickly after they got out of the mall. Maybe the dialogue can be paced for that scene a little better. Anyway, I'm loving the post-apocalyptic vibe. Excited to see where this game ends up going.

Reactions: inkalicious

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Wanted to say that this game puts on a CLINIC in storytelling, and the slow but surefire buildup of emotions. Your choices do feel like they carry some heft. I have very minor criticisms, if at all. I thought Marie gave into falling for the protagonist rather quickly after they got out of the mall. Maybe the dialogue can be paced for that scene a little better. Anyway, I'm loving the post-apocalyptic vibe. Excited to see where this game ends up going.
Cheers Lou. I know it seemed fast in terms of onscreen time, but hopefully it was apparent that they'd spent a long time trapped by the dead. Long enough to break down barriers of kill or be killed and mistrust, to share their stories, jokes and food.

Marie also seems to be in a bad place, with little food or protection, so hooking up with the healthy, well-fed and watered MC makes sense. Especially if she's used to using her feminine charms and was expecting to unleash them anyway.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I don't post much on here, but I lurk like crazy and follow lots of games. I actually download tons of games but just look at the pictures a lot due to the story's being shit. I can only take so many games where a guy is watching a movie with his sister, never kissed her and she ends up falling asleep on his lap, and she wakes up and he takes her V card right there. This game is one where the story has me hooked. The story creates stress and the characters are realistic for their age and stress levels. The sister is being a bratty older sister at times, but vulnerable at other times. The mom is doing what moms do, keep the peace, no matter what the cost to her own mental fortitude. I wont go into more specific praise as I don't want to give away plot points. Heh - I just realized the default names were specific (Meghan = Mom, Sam = Sis), nice alliteration.

Keep on doing what you are doing as this one is definitely bookmarked.

SleepyWarrior

Jul 16, 2018
So maybe it was already said or not but MC and Sam do not always call Megan "mom" when they are talking about her or to her when using the patch in chapter 3.
On another note while not a long chapter it was still interesting to read as we learned about some twists~~

Last edited:
Reactions: strenif

Mahgni Mada

Aug 15, 2017
Glad you're enjoying it Mahgni.

There are Patreon polls arriving after Chapter 4, but at the moment they're character specific, not for events or the story.
I thought about opening up more to votes, but I have more than enough to produce at the moment.

I also don't want to give too much away, but there is an optional pee-related event in a future chapter. Unfortunately it won't be ongoing content and how it happens is... relevant to the characters situation, so not sure if it'll tick the box or not.

I'm such a tease.
Hey, if that optional pee-related event involves Sam needing to relieve herself and we get to see her do that somehow, I'd consider that bonus box 100% ticked :p

Oh, and I didn't mean for it to be ongoing content or anything, I was just talking about it as a one off sexy scene with no big significance to the plot is all. Thanks for answering my question inkalicious, good luck with the rest of the game! :)

Last edited:

Mangene

Jan 31, 2018
Soooo... It won't happen in this VN, but in another, there was a character written who had an 'interest' in pretty dead things. And it was completely up to you whether that content was available or not.
However, after having one account closed by Patreon and a polite warning that they were now watching my account, I decided to not argue whether undead = necrophilia and get rid of that content.

I can't see myself lasting long on Patreon, so it might get reinstated. However, even as avoidable content, I'd have to think about it being a taboo too far for a wider audience.
As someone with an interest in varied and wildly depraved fetishes, if you have the opportunity to reinstate that, please do! There's criminally little content out there as it is for the truly weird shit. You'd be doing a great service to your fellow perverts. And there's no reason for people to complain about it if it's totally optional.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
very good update again, good thing the dev implemented default names for the characters, I really dislike having to give them names, even more if it's beyond the MC

the whole final scene was just great,

about Marie,

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
finally got around to playing the update..DAMN..that was fucking great!!!..love the new dame..still love the redheads..they are absolute beauties..and the story kept me happy all the way through...this game needs ALOT more attention..EVERYONE!!! PLAY THIS!!!

CatPause

May 11, 2018
If I found a typo or two (or three) while reading the game how would I be able to let the developer know short of taking a screen shot of the entire thing?

LouWill

Feb 3, 2018
Cheers Lou. I know it seemed fast in terms of onscreen time, but hopefully it was apparent that they'd spent a long time trapped by the dead. Long enough to break down barriers of kill or be killed and mistrust, to share their stories, jokes and food.

Marie also seems to be in a bad place, with little food or protection, so hooking up with the healthy, well-fed and watered MC makes sense. Especially if she's used to using her feminine charms and was expecting to unleash them anyway.
Thanks for the explanation :D I get where you're coming from now. Looking forward to the next update!

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
One of the underrated games here. Deserves definitly more attention.

Question about patch: it's normal if MC and sis are saying the name instead of mom? or is patch buggy?
So maybe it was already said or not but MC and Sam do not always call Megan "mom" when they are talking about her or to her when using the patch in chapter 3.
On another note while not a long chapter it was still interesting to read as we learned about some twists~~
I have it on good authority that the incest patch has been updated on LewdPatcher.

There are only 2 or 3 small edits in there, so up to you if it's worth downloading again.
One of these edits was to fix an error with the MC's dialogue. So apologies to fortuna95 when I said I believed the patch was fine.

However, just to repeat, there are times that the other characters will use Megan's name. Especially Sam. She sees it as a way to show how mature she is. Or uses 'Mom' as a manipulation device (and of course as a term of affection).

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
If I found a typo or two (or three) while reading the game how would I be able to let the developer know short of taking a screen shot of the entire thing?
Hi CatPause if you feel like letting me know you can just type a bit of the dialogue, maybe describe the scene, and I should be able to find it. Sending it via a conversation is probably best.
If you decide to do that, it's appreciated and thanks for the effort.

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes