VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Android version???
Sorry, I've no plans to release an Android version.
I tried porting a previous game and it became a hot mess. Completely buggy. I also can't properly test it, so no support would be available.

However I wouldn't give up hope that an 'unauthorised' version appears.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Thank you for this amazing game, Mr.Ink
And I've found the android ports. It's in apkgamers.org
Ha! I love that this makes its way around the web, even in different forms. Thanks for the link and hope this helps AJBit

sabadongelov

Aug 21, 2018
Really intrigued by this game. Very interesting premise and a refreshingly different take on the classic big-dicked son fucks mom and sis...

Warning, spoiler down below:

One thing I'm curious to see is how the relationship between the women will play out. So far, I'm interpreting it as mom being quite angrily jealous at sister for sucking the MC:s cock (other explanations for her anger don't fit, she knows the MC probably wouldn't mind, so being angry at sister for molesting him don't make much sense, and she clearly enjoys pleasuring her son, so the anger can't be because she feels she's been tricked into doing something she really didn't want to do). Together with sisters volatile temper (imagine her finding out mom has ben jerking and sucking the MC:s cock) and the new girl presenting a possible threat to the little family unit, I see potential for some rather aggravated strife and conflict between the women as the story progresses.

But it's also rather heavily implied that the mother might have bisexual tendancies, and both sister as well as new girl are bisexual, so I wouldn't be surprised if going the harem route quite quickly develop into a happy-go-lucky thing where everyone has sex with everybody. This is after all the more common way for things to go in games with a harem-style approach.

Personally, I would actually far more prefer if there's at least one, or several pathways where things instead turn increasingly hostile between the women as their rivalry for the MC:s attention dawns upon them (especially since they, at least mother and sister, probably for the longest of time will try to pretend that they don't have a sexual interest, let alone a romantic interest, in the MC). As it's setup, neither woman have any real grounds for demanding fidellity from the MC (so far, it's just about controlling and containing urges and instincts), which could lead them to take out their jealousy as increased hostility towards each other instead.

Maybe a successful harem build in such a pathway would be for the women to accept that the MC fucks them all, despite the rivalry. There's much interesting that can be done in such a relationship. Take for instance mother teaching and showing daughter how to give head by violently forcing sister down on the MC:s cock and purposefully gagging her with it... :devilish:

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Really intrigued by this game. Very interesting premise and a refreshingly different take on the classic big-dicked son fucks mom and sis...

Warning, spoiler down below:

One thing I'm curious to see is how the relationship between the women will play out. So far, I'm interpreting it as mom being quite angrily jealous at sister for sucking the MC:s cock (other explanations for her anger don't fit, she knows the MC probably wouldn't mind, so being angry at sister for molesting him don't make much sense, and she clearly enjoys pleasuring her son, so the anger can't be because she feels she's been tricked into doing something she really didn't want to do). Together with sisters volatile temper (imagine her finding out mom has ben jerking and sucking the MC:s cock) and the new girl presenting a possible threat to the little family unit, I see potential for some rather aggravated strife and conflict between the women as the story progresses.

But it's also rather heavily implied that the mother might have bisexual tendancies, and both sister as well as new girl are bisexual, so I wouldn't be surprised if going the harem route quite quickly develop into a happy-go-lucky thing where everyone has sex with everybody. This is after all the more common way for things to go in games with a harem-style approach.

Personally, I would actually far more prefer if there's at least one, or several pathways where things instead turn increasingly hostile between the women as their rivalry for the MC:s attention dawns upon them (especially since they, at least mother and sister, probably for the longest of time will try to pretend that they don't have a sexual interest, let alone a romantic interest, in the MC). As it's setup, neither woman have any real grounds for demanding fidellity from the MC (so far, it's just about controlling and containing urges and instincts), which could lead them to take out their jealousy as increased hostility towards each other instead.

Maybe a successful harem build in such a pathway would be for the women to accept that the MC fucks them all, despite the rivalry. There's much interesting that can be done in such a relationship. Take for instance mother teaching and showing daughter how to give head by violently forcing sister down on the MC:s cock and purposefully gagging her with it... :devilish:
Glad you're enjoying it and interesting thoughts on how it might play out.

Obviously I won't be discussing possible scenarios, but one thing I'd like to cover is the reaction of Megan towards Sam (default names) in Chapter 3.
Spoiler time...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Abîme and D Dog

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I also don't want to give too much away, but there is an optional pee-related event in a future chapter. Unfortunately it won't be ongoing content and how it happens is... relevant to the characters situation, so not sure if it'll tick the box or not.

I'm such a tease.
Aww, just one single scene planned?
I don't really want to complain or anything, but I really hope you will consider adding more of it in the future... I know this is a niche fetish but it's very hard to find a good dev that is into it. By the way, I'm really looking forward to what is already planned. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: inkalicious

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
I don't really want to complain or anything, but I really hope you will consider adding more of it in the future... I know this is a niche fetish but it's very hard to find a good dev that is into it. By the way, I'm really looking forward to what is already planned. Keep up the good work!
You could always be a dev yourself. There is always that option. ;)

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Cheers and it's an event, not a scene, so it's likely to have repercussions. Very likely.

Teasing aside, I'm not shy of content like this but I had to pair down an already full story.
In a lot of ways, this is the most vanilla MC I've written. The closest to a kink he has is that he's opportunistic, which leads to its own problems.

Reactions: darlic

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
I can't see myself lasting long on Patreon, so it might get reinstated. However, even as avoidable content, I'd have to think about it being a taboo too far for a wider audience.
Subscribestar's policy is more lenient: If it is not based on a real person and no real person was harmed during production its okay. Don't know what the simulated necrophilia laws are in russia though.

Rick24

Feb 12, 2018
Just wanted to point out that for me the old save games are working perfectly. I can use the saves from the old game for chapter 3. The only problem i have is that the skip button is skipping over everything, even unread text. Thats a bit of annoying, maybe you can fix that? Cant say much about the story since i only played for 10 minutes but i wanted to point that out first. But so far so good ^^

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Subscribestar's policy is more lenient: If it is not based on a real person and no real person was harmed during production its okay. Don't know what the simulated necrophilia laws are in russia though.
Yeah, I started a SubscribeStar, but still to create social media accounts to 'prove' who I am.

I think SubscribeStar and others will eventually conform to pressure from payment providers or investors, but hopefully they won't be as clumsy and uneven in their handling of it.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Just wanted to point out that for me the old save games are working perfectly. I can use the saves from the old game for chapter 3. The only problem i have is that the skip button is skipping over everything, even unread text. Thats a bit of annoying, maybe you can fix that? Cant say much about the story since i only played for 10 minutes but i wanted to point that out first. But so far so good ^^
Thanks for the feedback. I've heard that the save thing isn't affecting everyone.

The skipping issue is a feckin' mystery. I've no idea why it's happening. There's nothing in the code that I can see and no bug reported with the Renpy version it was built with.
Planning to use testers to iron out bugs in the future and hopefully it's just a bug with this build.

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
Thanks for the feedback. I've heard that the save thing isn't affecting everyone.

The skipping issue is a feckin' mystery. I've no idea why it's happening. There's nothing in the code that I can see and no bug reported with the Renpy version it was built with.
Planning to use testers to iron out bugs in the future and hopefully it's just a bug with this build.
I think it's highly possible that you have some saves somewhere in the build that log which lines you've seen, thus this info getting to everyone else. Don't remember what exactly is in the package, so it's just a random thought.

EDIT: I've actually DL'd a fresh copy of Ch3. It does contain the save folder with several Autosaves, a Navigation json file and the persistent. Not too deep into Ren'Py, but I'm relatively sure that the "persistent" contains which lines you've seen.

EDIT 2: This is indeed the case. Simply remember to clear the "\game\saves" folder inside any future build you post. The Skip function works just fine. Additionally for testing purposes in the future: Ren'py games store every information they save inside the user's documents. On Win10 it's at "Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\<game folder>". Keep up the good work. And just watch out for future builds and that's it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: inkalicious

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
I think it's highly possible that you have some saves somewhere in the build that log which lines you've seen, thus this info getting to everyone else. Don't remember what exactly is in the package, so it's just a random thought.

EDIT: I've actually DL'd a fresh copy of Ch3. It does contain the save folder with several Autosaves, a Navigation json file and the persistent. Not too deep into Ren'Py, but I'm relatively sure that the "persistent" contains which lines you've seen.

EDIT 2: This is indeed the case. Simply remember to clear the "\game\saves" folder inside any future build you post. The Skip function works just fine. Additionally for testing purposes in the future: Ren'py games store every information they save inside the user's documents. On Win10 it's at "Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\<game folder>". Keep up the good work. And just watch out for future builds and that's it.
Ah. Dammit. I'll do some future testing with this thanks, it didn't occur to me it'd affect skipping.
I usually clean out that folder, as well as relying on Renpy doing a bit of housekeeping as it builds the versions. But, hand on my heart, I can't say whether I followed my own process with this one.

Thanks for this.

Reactions: Nubatron

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
I've updated the links on the OP with new versions that should hopefully fix the saving issues that some were seeing and definitely fix the skipping issue.
Of course it's too late for those who have played it, so apologies for this hiccup. This was due to bad housekeeping on my part when creating the builds.

Many thanks to Nubatron for finding the issue, as I couldn't see the wood for the trees (checking code and the app, rather than remainder files).

Now let's see if I've learned my lesson in time for the next release...

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I've updated the links on the OP with new versions that should hopefully fix the saving issues that some were seeing and definitely fix the skipping issue.
Of course it's too late for those who have played it, so apologies for this hiccup. This was due to bad housekeeping on my part when creating the builds.

Many thanks to Nubatron for finding the issue, as I couldn't see the wood for the trees (checking code and the app, rather than remainder files).

Now let's see if I've learned my lesson in time for the next release...
Good work on the VN. How long is your usual update time between chapters? 2-3 months?

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes