5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Souleater

F95 Museum Director
Uploader
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
header.jpg

Overview:
Weave your way past dastardly machinations, petty infighting, and electoral madness as you play this political simulator/dating sim unlike any other visual novel you have played before​

Thread Updated: 2019-10-23
Release Date: 2019-10-18
Developer: King Key Games -
Censored: No
Version: Final
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Mac: - - - - -

1148260_screenshots_20191020180238_1.jpg 1148260_screenshots_20191020185142_1.jpg 1148260_screenshots_20191018210513_1.jpg 1148260_screenshots_20191020165759_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Why is it so bad? The descriptions here do not tell anything about the game play.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
...The descriptions here do not tell anything about the game play.
You can look at the steam page for more info on the game
Congratulations! You’ve just been elected as the Mayor of Halloween City! All your dreams have come true and you are on the path to success and glory, right? WRONG! Turns out this job is trickier than you expected. You come to this rather grim realisation when you meet the witch, werewolf and mummy that make up this city’s crazy city council.

Weave your way past dastardly machinations, petty infighting and electoral madness as you play this political simulator/dating sim unlike any other visual novel you have played before.

How will you survive this political jungle?

Will you do what it takes to garner the favour of the sexy city councillors?

What are you prepared to do to push your political agenda forward?

Will you find your forever waifu along the way?

Play King of Halloween to find out!

King of Halloween features:
  • A gripping and hilarious story
  • Beautiful orchestral and jazz soundtrack
  • Charming Anime Style Character Art
  • Dating & political choices lead to many endings
  • Endeavour to obtain all 9 endings
There is also a detailed

Gooblygoop

Jun 2, 2017
Well... i never had to do this for a lewd visual novel game before, but... i give up! Cutthroat politics are too much for me. I cant foresee a palatable route for me anywhere. I admit defeat; so as the protagonist, i resign from my job as mayor of halloween town and move to a small house in the country to die alone.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

fizz

Dec 27, 2017
Now this game caught me by surprise. King Keys previous games either didn't interest me at all or when I actually played them, I found them rather dull. King of Halloween had it's problems, but it was also kinda fun.

Functionality: It's made in Tyrano Builder, which can produce decent results quick. As such it doesn't have any bells and whistles, but works. Well, most of the time. It could have used another run of touch ups - the skip function sometimes didn't work, there was no way to skip only the already read text, some buttons were duplicated, very limited amount of save slots and the UI felt unfinished (sometimes buttons would blur out for a split-second on mouse-over). Sometimes the wrong character was highlighted as talking and other times the wrong name was in the speaker box. One of the CGs can't be accessed in the album since it is linked to the wrong pic and some of the CG transitions felt cheap.

Art: It's...passable. HCG are (as Demon's Crust pointed out) a bit weird, anatomically. Character art is fine, but only static images, no alternate poses or facial expressions. Everyone you meet has a picture, but it's

Writing: It's a short game. It's a cheaply made game (see functionality). For that the writing is fine. It's not great and sometimes I wish there was a bit more to it (especially during the very short H-scenes), but it gets to the point. It tells us enough about the background of the heroines to get a sense of who they are, but it's pretty shallow. It doesn't try to be something it is not and drives the story home rather quickly.

Overall: So far, nothing is remarkable about this, but there's this one thing that I enjoyed - the setting or idea of the game. It feels a lot like the roleplaying part of Divinity: Dragon Commander - you're the ruler, there's different group representatives with different interests and if you please one (pun intended) the others might react negatively. The (arguably) best part of Divinity: Dragon Commander, but with smut. I enjoyed it and maybe you will, too. Just don't expect too much from it.

drpavelcia

Aug 19, 2018
I can't remember too much, but I'll put what tips I can below:

• The Selma route can only be completed successfully once you've completed the other 3 girls' routes, once you've done that all you have to do is decline all the other girls' advances, pick the options that are most honest to Selma, and pick the more family-oriented options after you fail to pass the law once you go to the bar with Selma
  • For the wolf girl (I forgot her name) just offer to tax Pyramid Sands and remember to click the option when she asks you what your meeting was about when she meets you in the office, then accept her offer (otherwise just be agreeable to her)
  • For the other magician girl (forgot her name too) take her meeting when she pops up in the office, then do what she says and choose to propose the law to tax Pyramid Sands
  • For Nefertiti, go along with her and choose the Party option when trying to figure out how to get the magician girl to do what Nefertiti wants

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote