Others Kingdom Lost [v0.5.6.22 hotfix] [PsychoSeel]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Toottoot

Aug 20, 2017
I really like the sprite work and I feel like with some work it could be a fantastic game... sadly it's trying to be a story game when its writing is terrible.

So let me get this straight, there's this super secret tunnel for the princess to escape that no one but her and her father are supposed to know about it, not even her personal servant (Adrey) is aware of its existence, he simply asks: "Don't you have a secret tunnel?"... but suddenly later Adrey is able to explain quite a lot about why the tunnel exists? What?

The dialogue is terrible and is all over the place. At certain points in the opening Adrey is portrayed as just a personal servant, then he's a super loyal servant, then he has bite, then he's extremely wizened and knows all this information, then he's back to meek and willing to give up the princess - make up your mind. Oh right, then they just kill him off... why? Is it trying to seem dark or trying to make me feel for the cardboard cutout of a human being?

The princess is totally unlikeable.

The soldiers in the opening sound like they were written by someone starting highschool.

Also, why does the super secret escape tunnel lead to somewhere so obvious that a squad of soldiers was patrolling it... so obvious that a common man was able to enter it to check on the princess right after she slaughtered a bunch of trained soldiers?

Why is it that the princess is that well trained in combat yet they didn't even teach the servant that's meant to always be by her side how to even hold up a sword?

Then of course, right after we leave the castle... the priest that came to check on us is nowhere to be seen and the princess has all but forgotten about the servant she was mourning the loss of just a second ago.

I could keep going, but the point is: the game is trying to be story focused, which ruins it because it has a really badly done story.

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
I really like the sprite work and I feel like with some work it could be a fantastic game... sadly it's trying to be a story game when its writing is terrible.

So let me get this straight, there's this super secret tunnel for the princess to escape that no one but her and her father are supposed to know about it, not even her personal servant (Adrey) is aware of its existence, he simply asks: "Don't you have a secret tunnel?"... but suddenly later Adrey is able to explain quite a lot about why the tunnel exists? What?

The dialogue is terrible and is all over the place. At certain points in the opening Adrey is portrayed as just a personal servant, then he's a super loyal servant, then he has bite, then he's extremely wizened and knows all this information, then he's back to meek and willing to give up the princess - make up your mind. Oh right, then they just kill him off... why? Is it trying to seem dark or trying to make me feel for the cardboard cutout of a human being?

The princess is totally unlikeable.

The soldiers in the opening sound like they were written by someone starting highschool.

Also, why does the super secret escape tunnel lead to somewhere so obvious that a squad of soldiers was patrolling it... so obvious that a common man was able to enter it to check on the princess right after she slaughtered a bunch of trained soldiers?

Why is it that the princess is that well trained in combat yet they didn't even teach the servant that's meant to always be by her side how to even hold up a sword?

Then of course, right after we leave the castle... the priest that came to check on us is nowhere to be seen and the princess has all but forgotten about the servant she was mourning the loss of just a second ago.

I could keep going, but the point is: the game is trying to be story focused, which ruins it because it has a really badly done story.
I agree with you except the "why everyone know about this so called secret tunnel" part, which will be explained later on(Evenon is not some ordinary dude which he explains when you talk to him) and those soldiers are not some ordinary patrol team. I'll try to make things clearer in future though.
Story sucks because I didn't have any time to spend on it yet and as I said before on one of my patreon posts, I'll re-write it when I have time. I wanted this game to have some kind of story but this one is really rushed, I was mostly overwhelmed with game engine stuff until now, I hope to put more time into story from now on. Honestly even I can't read my script currently, it hurts and I want to start from scratch(I even removed prologue part with the latest version I felt like I'm torturing people).
Thank you very much for your feedback, I want to give interesting and enjoyable story with this game, if that doesn't work I think I'll focus more on content/gameplay and put lot less dialogue, story. I'm actually surprised no one complained about story up until now, probably skip function saved me there.

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
The fight sequence is needlessly long (especially with the shaman battle) for a button mashing mini-game. Absolutely redundant.
If you are talking about interrupting enemy skills, those sequences doesn't change so you can just memorize and spam it without waiting for keys to appear(after activating interrupt phase of course).

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019

v0.2 might be delayed a little, it's mostly done though. There will be 2 new optional sex scenes and 1 new quest, depending on your decisions.

This month was mostly spent on polishing things, so I couldn't add much. Until june 24, I worked on remaking my unstable systems and remade cutscenes with new system. Even though I couldn't add much, Seel draw lot of new things. We planned different animations for every member of Dianna's crew from the beginning but we couldn't make it last month, so we are going to add them now.

I also plan to add different skill to each of them, but it doesn't make with the current battle system and it's not my priority at the moment.
After this release, we'll start to work on the village, which is going to be biggest part of the first chapter of Kingdom Lost. We'll keep adding content inside and outside of village until full release, quest, jobs, bounties, random events, different classes...
  • I have some several ideas I want to try, for example, you are going to sleep in an inn and you'll have to pay regularly, with money or with your body.
  • I want to add an option to commit crime, then take a punishment for it, how it is going to be is depending on players decisions.
  • I plan to add different stats, other than some basic RPG stats like strength, dexterity, intelligent, I'm also thinking about adding corruption, honor/fame and mood.
I don't really think I need to explain corruption. Honor(or fame, not sure about naming) is going to stop you from indecent acts and it'll be raised by helping people or just being a nice people in general and it'll drop by doing opposite. Mood is about doing what you like and what you don't like, for example if you are corrupted, that indecent acts will raise your mood while helping people will decrease your mood. Mood will give buff/debuff or completely prevent some actions if it's too low.

This all sounds good here but not everything I planned might be doable, since keeping track of those stats and balancing them might be issue but we'll see.

Lastly, I plan to add a new limited patreon tier, which will give opportunity to add patreons own side quest to Kingdom Lost, with his/her own original characters or any character that's currently in game, which might also include a sex scene. Currently we didn't decide when we'll add this new tier.

Alannnnn

Apr 25, 2019
For the limited patreon tier, is this were it ties in about what I was saying about the ideas about her become or forced to become a slave scenario right? or this is just for the characters you're making like "new sex scenes" or "new quests" that we can make or choose? Is that how is going to work?

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
For the limited patreon tier, is this were it ties in about what I was saying about the ideas about her become or forced to become a slave scenario right? or this is just for the characters you're making like "new sex scenes" or "new quests" that we can make or choose? Is that how is going to work?
In short: Yes, it's possible to make Leana slave by adding your side quest and it's also a way to add new quests, new sex scenes and characters.
Each month, we will add one side quest from a patreon, it can include anything patreon wants as long as it's not something extreme, so if patreon wants Leana to be slave in that side quest, that is possible. Patreon will create a quest, scenario for that quest, new characters if they want, I hope this answers your question.

• Love
Reactions: Alannnnn

Alannnnn

Apr 25, 2019
In short: Yes, it's possible to make Leana slave by adding your side quest and it's also a way to add new quests, new sex scenes and characters.
Each month, we will add one side quest from a patreon, it can include anything patreon wants as long as it's not something extreme, so if patreon wants Leana to be slave in that side quest, that is possible. Patreon will create a quest, scenario for that quest, new characters if they want, I hope this answers your question.
Great, I can't wait for your next update!

Reactions: Psycho-Dev

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019

Whats new:
  • 2 new sex scenes with different variations
  • 2 new areas: Village entrance and cave entrance
  • NPC interactions added
  • Lots of improvements and some bug fixes
  • Help screen updated
This last week was horrible for me, since the beginning of this month, I was suffering a side effect from a medication I started to use. I couldn't breathe, my chest constantly felt like it's tightening, I felt extremely anxious and I couldn't concentrate on anything. I had to quit medication in the end then I was able to work again. Since I worked on remaking lot of things in the past month, I didn't have much time to work on new release.
Anyway, this month we might be busier than before, so the development might slow down for a 1-2 month, but we'll try to keep updating the game even if it's little.

- - - -

Reactions: pixel1

shoopdawhoop

Feb 1, 2018
Fucking love getting a crash in the middle of a fight right after the interminably long shaman fight with no checkpoint in between

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
v0.2.1
Changelog

• Added 3 save slots
- - - -

Alexander Krisnov

The Dead Commisar
Uploader
Sep 14, 2016
v0.2.1
Changelog

• Added 3 save slots
- - - -
Just that ...... Okay

• Haha
Reactions: Pinguino47

shineryuverus

Jul 18, 2017
Yeah I am having issues for some reason the clothes you get from the priest disappears from the inventory after I pick them up making it impossible to get to the village

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
Yeah I am having issues for some reason the clothes you get from the priest disappears from the inventory after I pick them up making it impossible to get to the village
Do you have any idea what could be triggering this? I tried, but villager outfit doesn't disappear from my inventory.

Btw, it seems like version 0.2.1 is bugged, please continue with 0.2 if you don't want to deal with this workaround: Just continue option doesn't work so you can still start a fresh game on the slot you want to load then press f9, it'll load the save on that slot. Also sorry for forgetting profile text there, I'm so oblivious...

Edit: Fixed continue button, removed profile text, you can get it from patreon links(v0.2.11).

Last edited:

shineryuverus

Jul 18, 2017
Do you have any idea what could be triggering this? I tried, but villager outfit doesn't disappear from my inventory.

Btw, it seems like version 0.2.1 is bugged, please continue with 0.2 if you don't want to deal with this workaround: Just continue option doesn't work so you can still start a fresh game on the slot you want to load then press f9, it'll load the save on that slot. Also sorry for forgetting profile text there, I'm so oblivious...

Edit: Fixed continue button, removed profile text, you can get it from patreon links(v0.2.11).
i did skip the first level

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
i did skip the first level
Btw, there might be some slight misunderstanding, you don't take clothes from Evenon exactly, you take it from the chest behind him. I'm saying this because I don't think it's related to skipping first part and I still can't trigger this bug. I've been going through that part since I first added villager outfit(which is v0.17 if I recall correctly) and I never encountered that bug.

shineryuverus

Jul 18, 2017
Btw, there might be some slight misunderstanding, you don't take clothes from Evenon exactly, you take it from the chest behind him. I'm saying this because I don't think it's related to skipping first part and I still can't trigger this bug. I've been going through that part since I first added villager outfit(which is v0.17 if I recall correctly) and I never encountered that bug.
no i did open the chest i open the inventory and it's empty

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
no i did open the chest i open the inventory and it's empty
Did you get "Item added!" notification?

Sorry about this, I'm not sure what could cause this bug. If you still want to continue, you can start game debug mode enabled, then go to village gate and after you see village guards, disable debug mode(cutscenes are disable in debug mode).

To enable debug mode, go to main menu, select continue, come to your save slot and then press ctrl+shift+alt+enter. To disable: Press ctrl+s in game, then choose disable debug mode. You can additionally send that skull away by choosing "Go away" option.

shineryuverus

Jul 18, 2017
Did you get "Item added!" notification?

Sorry about this, I'm not sure what could cause this bug. If you still want to continue, you can start game debug mode enabled, then go to village gate and after you see village guards, disable debug mode(cutscenes are disable in debug mode).

To enable debug mode, go to main menu, select continue, come to your save slot and then press ctrl+shift+alt+enter. To disable: Press ctrl+s in game, then choose disable debug mode. You can additionally send that skull away by choosing "Go away" option.
yes i did

sean wells

May 17, 2017
i figured it out, hav u tried pushing tab?
at first i thought "c" was the inventory button, but its "tab"

Last edited:

Psycho-Dev

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2019
i figured it out, hav u tried pushing tab?
at first i thought "c" was the inventory button, but its "tab"
I'll probably add a new page in help screen with all the keys and explanations to make things less confusing.

Btw, check out my

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes