Others - Kingdom Lost [v0.5.6.22 hotfix] [PsychoSeel]

1. 2.00 star(s)

professional_n00b

Tried the game for the first time at v0.5.6.0. While I like almost everything in the game, the fact that the game has so many bugs and crashes every 5-10 minutes really took all the fun out. I kept playing through all the crashes as the game itself is fun but I finally gave up after I lost all my progress after a crash.

Now for the goods-
    1. Good pixel animations.
    2. Decent story line and quests so far.
    3. The combat system is a breathe of fresh air. Although I'd like to see the combat difficulty (i.e. the time allowed for attack/defense) change depending on type of enemy and its strength. It may be there already but I haven't noticed it so far. Stronger enemies hits harder, that's for sure but given you have the same amount of time to react regardless of enemy type it doesn't really feel any 'harder'.

And the bads-
    1. The crashes and the bugs as mentioned before. Taking away 1 star for this.
    2. The UI scaling needs work. Many times I've seen the dialogue box and choices not fit into the screen and get cut off at the bottom of the screen. Also the texts describing your inventory are very small compared to the rest of the text elements in game. Deducting another star as it's really frustrating.
    3. Deducted 1 star for the loss of game progress.

A minor gripe regarding the mc - I could go and whore her out as soon as I gained access to Grimshear. I can understand offering sex for the pass but working as a prostitute is completely different given she's a princess. Maybe it'll be fixed later.

So a good game but held back by bugs. I'll be keeping an eye out for this one, I'm really interested to see how it turns out and will be updating the review after a few more updates.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

YuriiH

The combat in this game is godlike!
    This is one of a few cases when your skill of smashing right buttons at the right moment matters! You are even allowed to kill the strongest (so far) enemies without proper equipment -- just need a weapon to pass through their armor.
    As for now, many bugs are damaging its potential, although it's more the matter of polishing the product rather than total fail of the concept.
    The game clearly deserves 5 stars -- in future, but I'm still giving the "excellent" rating in present.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

TatHapGu

The game is buggy as hell, gameplay is tedious and overall a slog. Let alone getting a sex scene to activate is a chore. Not worth the pay off. I can understand what the game developer was trying to go for, but good god does the game not deliver. Especially if the game slogs, then you are basically fucked.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Innocent Chloe

I have been following this game since v0.1 and at time of reviewing this it is now v0.5.5.0 the amount of content that has been added is really great and this game has consistently gotten bug fixes and content updates and so far is on track to actually be completed.

This is looking like a must play for any pixel animation fans and would probably recommend playing the current version and then waiting for future updates.

I have given it 4/5 stars at moment but will definitely pump this up to 5 stars as more content gets added.