Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
this is why I prefered hreinngames to keep making games on RPG Maker, sure it's not perfect but you only have to make artworks for the h-scenes and some busts. The way KoD is intented to be, to have several different towns and races, have RPG combat, RPG Maker would have been a no brainer.
Renpy is more suited for story telling games where they use a handful of backgrounds, the same busts, and ALOT of text, like the japanese visual novels do.

Reactions: Draka232

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
I don't think the engine is the problem at all. Their main problem is the the lack of communication. They posted 9 update posts since the last update 5 months ago. Some creators do weekly journals, just to keep their patrons informed on the status of the project.

Redgy

Jan 17, 2018
I don't want it to sound like a counter-argument, however consider the fact that there are numerous of examples in this game of one "blueprint" of a scene used in tons of others ;) All side-shots of Sabia in kennels or whatever are exactly the same as for example Elmy in tavern under the table. Only things that differs are surroundings(which I believe are also reusable) and heads of main characters of the scene.
So I got curious and took a look at the scenes you mentioned and.. is this what you're reffering to? :unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Cuz those are obviously two different images. The pose, the angl as well as the body type - all different. They couldn't copy anything there. Here's a better example of reusable scenes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Pretty sure they meant this:

badendmurdertrial (2).jpg

Which is very clearly a completely different drawing, just because the poses are similar doesn't mean the work is re-used. Perhaps they meant the bonus packs, but that's kinda the whole point of the bonus packs? They're edited variant scenes, produced quickly (relatively speaking) to have an extra for patreon supporters.

Reactions: adelsba and Xill

Wyrdsmithe

May 30, 2018
Weighing in again with wannabe artist perspective on the reuse of art - what Viressa said is correct. Just because the pose is similar does not mean you can reuse the art assets. The pose may be similar - but the effort to alter them to match each other and reuse assets would be significant enough that you'd have zero gain in the end. Their hips are in different positions and at different angles, their legs are spread differently, the ribcage and arms are also positioned very differently, and the anatomy itself is different - Elmy has much more prominent ribcage and no visible abdominal muscles unlike Sabia, not even mentioning the differing levels of curve. The poses are similar, art is absolutely different and not reused.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
The examples he picked were incorrect, but reuses happened several times already. The three major cases were the tent scenes (including the bjs, tekrok's teams and two bad ends), every dancer scene so far and of course most scenes in 0.8 on Rokgrid and Tekrok's path.
But to clarify, i support reuses and i still believe this game could handle a bit more of them.

Looking at it from another angle i think there are very few games on this forum that can match KoD. I'm no expert in any way and i don't claim to know them all, so correct me, but among the games with 2d art i know about only 3-4 competes with KoD on either the number of art or the art/monthly update category:
The Opala games and Roundscape both have large libraries, but they do so by commissioning lots of artists. And Third Crisis and a couple of other games don't draw backgrounds, just like NN did.
So unless i'm missing something, most developers which "outperform" Hreinn in the terms of volume, do so by game design decision. This game has a single artists which is both a power in the form of a coherent style and a drawback due to the limitations of Nomo being a single person with limited time and energy.

13days

Apr 21, 2019
Is there a way to unlock all of the gallery scenes without playing them first?

Also, can I make Sabia walk around nude?

Bytrain

Oct 7, 2017
1. The developers of this all have day jobs, nobody is doing this game full time.
Wrong. At least Monsinne is working full time on the game.
Also Nomo is almost 24/7 online in their discord. I doubt he would have discord always open at his "main" job.
IMG_20190920_112529.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Anita Deek

Lycan73

Jun 5, 2017
It's been a good while since the last update. I hope they don't disappoint, and there's plenty of cock in store for Sabia. Should find out this coming weekend, as long as they stick to their update schedule. Just hope nothing pressing comes up to derail my date with Sabia.

ineedaname555

Jun 14, 2017
Don't expect a lot of sexual content in this update, they said repeatedly that is going to have a lot of assets (NPC, backgrounds etc) but not a lot sexual content. They promised that after this update they will delivery only sex scenes because the assets are done.

• Angry
Reactions: greenp and Kerlon

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
Don't expect a lot of sexual content in this update, they said repeatedly that is going to have a lot of assets (NPC, backgrounds etc) but not a lot sexual content. They promised that after this update they will delivery only sex scenes because the assets are done.
yes, this is clear from their last 2 patreon messages. I hope that the scenes for the side characters got cut for this update.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Is there a way to unlock all of the gallery scenes without playing them first?

Also, can I make Sabia walk around nude?
For the first one, there's a gallery mod (link should be in the first post or just look in the mod sub-forum). It may be possible to figure out how to save edit them in, but I have no idea how you'd do that if it's even possible.

Second one, not currently.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Did they say how many sex scenes there will be?

Anyone know if she'll still be forced to hide her identity when having sex with orc in the camp?

3.90 star(s) 73 Votes