Others - Completed - Klaroro-Abyss of the Soul [v1.0] [Ccryu]

1. 4.00 star(s)

L33tmaster

Fantastic gameplay. Controls are tight and responsive, none of that floaty stuff. The pixel art is cute. The story is somewhat nonexistent, I mean it's just: hay you got isekaied and your phone can hypno the monstergirls, go fuck em:ROFLMAO:)
    But to the actual game, it's a short boss rush with you showing the boss whose the "bOss" really is :sneaky:
    As of Demo v0.5 there are 6 bosses to fight with different mechanics. Most are reaction based so if you have trigger fingers or have played enough soulsborne games then you'll be fine. While playing I never felt that the game cheated me or that there was no way to avoid damage, heck I even replayed to do a "no hit" run.

TLDR Review
    Game mechanics 10/10
    Art 9.5/10
    Story 5/10
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Aphrodaysia

Great animations and mechanics! Just needs a proper story and dialogue to make the characters more lively. Overall a 8/10! There's a lot of potential for it, I just hope the development steers in the right direction! We dont often get these platformer 8 bit styles with a male protag so im looking forward to this one!
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Digteren

As of Demo v0.3 the game consists of i ndividual boss fights result in individual boss lewds that you unlock.
    It's a game play first kind of experience, this boss fights only genre is well known by now, this time as a 2D side scroller with pixel art.
    There's a lot of potential here and some room for improvement, mainly with ux in terms of controls.
    All in all very entertaining and promising.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Toraihekisa

for an h-game, I like the gameplay a lot, it reminds of games like cuphead or megaman which is great in my opinion (just read the rules but does mentioning non-h mainstream games break the cross promotion rule?)

my problems which others have already pointed out is the spam Z key after you knock them down, which while sometimes it's okay to put something like that for interactivity reasons this is an h-game, people are going to wank to this and if I have to spam a button while tickling my willy, it's going to cause problems not only that but only spamming one button feels a little bad, would be better if you click two buttons instead so your fingers doesn't hurt doing it

otherwise the art is phenomenal, the controls feels responsive, the gameplay is great and the premise is great where you have defeat them to get h-scenes instead of getting defeated

overall pretty solid demo , looking forward to seeing more
  5. 5.00 star(s)

rocktheboat44

The cut scenes phenomenal, only complaint is that you have to mash a key after you stun the boss and get a limited time to look at the beautiful artwork. However, it should be taken into consideration that because this is a demo we can hope for a hall of memories where we can look at this art with no time limit. The art is really really good. I can't wait to see more from this game!!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

EddyGordo

This is an outstanding proof of concept !
    I can't wait to see more !
    Good luck on the future of this project
    I hope it gets the traction the dev needs for this to fruitfully grow into what the dev wants :)
    For now everything is solid, with some dialogue / story added, some levels, more monsters / animations, it will imho be a remembered game ;)
    Peace !
  7. 4.00 star(s)

DrWeeb

Rewriting for the Full Release, and well... I'm a bit annoyed or disappointed, somewhere in between maybe.

Gameplay, 2/5: Still Mid
    So, the first few bosses are fine, easy to read, makes sense. The controls itself are fine too, for the most part, but spamming left/right or jump n' shoot can be annoying to others, for me, it's whatever. What annoys me is that all it had were bosses, and some attacks just sort of happen that you need to know after experiencing it because it does not tell you what it does, but everything is easy to learn.

For example, the final boss, 2nd phase, has these arrows that drop from the ceiling that creates a floor explosion. Nothing warns you about the floor explosion, and it does not do a lot of damage, but is easy enough to dodge once you know it.
    Also, hit boxes feel a lot larger than they should be, for example, the robot boss, I thought I could jump after she passes to shoot in the back, but instead, lose a chunk of health.

I completed most bosses at most, in the second try after losing a lot of health to what are essentially "see if you're lucky" because there are either no indicators, or happen fast enough that you can not really react in time. If not, first try. Never 3+. All the other moves are either easy to dodge because rolls are very strong, or extremely telegraphed.

Essentially, the gameplay is just made of extremes, either too fast and vague, or too slow and clear. Leaves a bit of a sour taste, and it's not a good sour.

Art, 5/5: Good
    Warning, but there's some gay action in the game. On the whole, the art and animations are good/fine, however, in the gallery, there are 5 missing scenes and I'm not even sure if it's me missing something because I chose to leave at the ending, or what. Either way, it does good in most realms, and the problems lie in between the gameplay and art interaction (again, hitboxes, which I left in gameplay since it's more of a gameplay issue imo).

Sound, 4/5: Good
    There are no voices, and all the sex sound effects are the same. But the music, and other sound effects are perfectly fine. The sex sounds however, do feel a bit... Not sexy. IDK how to objectively describe it, but it just doesn't sound "lewd" enough imo. Again, the other sound effects are good.

Story, N/A: N/A
    It at first pretends to have a story, only in the beginning and end. You have hypnosis phone, and can choose to stay or leave. That's all there is. No impact on rating.

Overall, 4/5: Decent Enough, Good.
    It's not a great game, and perhaps too short. I did say that this game (in my demo review) should be short, but this game does NOTHING with platforming other than against bosses. No stages beforehand, etc. It would've been nice to have maybe a bit of platforming like Eroico or something, but there's nothing. The movement is fine, the shooting is ok, and would've maybe been better if it was more like megaman if you could just spam as fast as you can but only have 3 shots on screen, to balance risk and reward, aggression and safety. For the annoyances you have to go through and disappointment I have, the art is perfectly fine and the sounds are serviceable to good. I can't in good faith put it lower than 4 to represent my disappointment, because I think it's better than average, but not by a ton. Just a sizeable amount.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

closetpervert904

This is a phenominal demo and prrof of concept. This game has great art good sound design and fun combat. enough that i'll enjoy it but not so much that'll i'll quit before getting to the good bits. Don't forget to add a gallery mode. Good lluck dev. i'll be watching
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Grime

Really high quality game. Decent combat (though overly simply), fantastic visuals. Its a demo, so its obviously really lacking right now, but it has a lot of potential. I'll be following it with baited breathe.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

AnisNIK

Nice art, decent animation. But for what little is there, its nothing much. You play like some small guy, your attack animation is missing. Its just a square that flares up in your hand.
    Apparently you hypnotize the girls so you can fuck them. 2 Boss battles a fairy with one animation and a cow girl with two. Now art and animations are fine. But as a game its fairly lackluster. You finish this "demo" in under 5-10 minutes. The Bosses are very easy to learn and have very simple movements. Not much else to say for this "game" really.