Others - Abandoned - Kobold Adventure [v2.9.9] [TinkeringTurian]

1. 1.00 star(s)

MakaDaka

I always have disliked get fucked simulators but hey a if a game as highly rated as bdcc tits and lilith's throne isn't got some good content then why is it rated so highly. I see now it's because the game isn't good it just looks good, the story goes like a renpy game and there's nothing complex about the world at all. Everyone's horny and woe is me a kobold wanting to be knight?

Each day has like 3 paths and I got stuck on the third day because I simply made it to the third day and missed a path that let me get to some people the game literally describes in colors. I'm simply going through the game and no matter what some guards get mad at you and send you to the dungeon where you get hard locked in because " There is barely any content beyond this point. The game is far more wide than it is deep. Feel free to explore some options you might have missed. There's a lot of content that isn't easily reached. Stay tuned for more!" This game is as wide as as three straws taped together. Every other option you get hit with an "unavaliable" so you at most get 2 to three options per choice in this game.

The only reason I'd assume this game has such a high rating is because uwu bottom boys liked the pretty colors and wanted to relive their experience of not having any control of how their cheeks are treated.

After clicking through the game again to see if i can get one of the colors to help i got red which is crazy that theirs a path to not being able to escape the dungeon hardlock if you just dont rape and kill people. Freed several people on my first path but the second I clicked the asshole decisions suddenly people help me. Makes complete sense would never play again.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

desto2

I think this game showed the best way for text-based games to develop. I got to know this game a week ago and saw all the endings except for the 2 endings, the slow update of the game is not good news but one of the games I hope will be an update. I'm willing to buy if this developer launches a game
  3. 4.00 star(s)

LS47

Version: v2.9.9

I've had this game lying around among my links and I've never got around to play it until a few weeks back. I'm glad I did, because this game has a really strong foundation and uses its strengths very well.

STORY :

The premice is the first thing that caught my attention when I discovered this game. The story, while not much at this point of the developement of the game, is very intriguing. You play as a kobold trying to live day by day in a society where kobolds are treated as vermins, and you character dreams of a day where he or she can become a knight of the queen, despite their not-so-great upbringing. Unfortunately for the MC, they accidentally get caught in a conspiracy to overthrow the king in a coup d'état, with the MC, being a kobold, becoming the scapegoat at the start of the conflict.

The MC, in my eyes, is very well written. Despite his kobold nature, he doesn't want to fit into the role of the bad guy society tries to force his species into. He's just a kobold that lives in poverty due to discrimination laws and wants to live a happy life fulfulling his dreams, but continually struggles against the injustice of the world he lives in.

And what I really like about this game is that it doesn't just show this to us though dialogue; you get to experience it firsthand with how limited your money and food are, how the other NPCs berate you and try to scam or kill you as often as they can, and with how many accidents your character get into. At the end of the story, you really start to fell sad for him when he gets hurt, and on the other side, I genuinely felt happy at the end of the demo when he somewhat managed to gain new friends in prison, because I knew how hard it was for the MC to go through all those hardships.

Overall, I've had a really good time discovering the world the dev put us in, and I really appreciate they didn't push us through exposition dumps one after the other, because the settings, while already done, is at least really well done here, and I much prefer discovering it step by step rather than being spoonfed wall of text after wall of text about the stupid politics and economics and whatever of this world.

THE ART:

The artstyle is very eye-catchy, and for a good reason. The dev (I think it's a one-man team?) really knows how to draw. And don't get fooled by the thumbnail on this game's page, it's not a game about bondage or mutilation. It's actually a very small part of that, although there's quite a bit of humiliation fetish going on.

I also like the fact that the character sheets are publicly available on the game's website, where you can see the artworks for a lot of characters (implemented or planned) with a lot of lore and backstory about them. Gotta be honest, I didn't read everything cause there are quite the walls of text, but the drawings for the characters are just eye-candy.

If you like the toonish artstyle, then you'll just love this game. It doesn't have that much drawing in game, but what's there is at least good, so I'm fine with it.

GAMEPLAY :

Being in development (and mainly, being a text-based game) this game doesn't have that much gamepay going on, it's mainly a small management game where you have to monitor your food, health, and sanity. But for once, I'd say for what it is, it is fairly well tied to the story in a way that makes sense : Since you play as a kobold in a world inherently hostile to you, it's really hard to keep your meters high enough at all times to not attract problems on your way, and it makes the MC's victories, although small, all the sweeter because you know how hard it was to piece it all together and save on your resources, to get there. But the game at least never gets hard enough that it becomes frustrating or softlocks you into a game over. It's surprisingly fairly well balanced, and while some of the routes to lead you to a sort of game over (because the game isn't finished, remember), you never lose a ton of progress because of a single mistake.

CONCLUSION :

It's good. It's really good. I'd adivse to try it at least for the character and the art. It's dark, but it doesn't get grimdark and it has its own faire share of hopeful moments, although scarce. Unfortunately, it seems the dev is not interested any longer in developing this game, and it's radio silence for a while now.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Golden Idiot

Version: v2.9.9

A choose your own adventure type of game with many shifting paths that do lead to a different story depending on what you choose. A good long read with a lot of choices. Yet sadly this has been abandoned early on in its development, so dont expect many of the choices being available to you.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Kronous

This game has a lot of story and is text heavy, the art is spectacular, the story is awesome. I really cannot wait to see what is in store for this project.
    At the time of this review there are dozens of branching stories, and while the few i have played are not finished they are very engrossing and i cant wait to pick this up when it updates again.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Alfre4u

Love the Width but it seems atm to be diluting far to much of the depth and some the width is even quite mudy.
    This is as of 2.62 So it very much could become a great deep wide and ""clean"" way, but atm it far from.

Would suggest waiting for quite a few more updates then giving it a go as it shows a lot of promise,
    but atm kind of dissapointing with sudden ends, many choices being impossible both literally and game mechanic wise, and not much pay off to fap either I suppose.

Good news is easy to cheat just export save, edit with notepad, import; which this will allow also being able to see a fair bit more though sadly still not much (as game itself says not deep, but wide).
  7. 5.00 star(s)

TheLastTimelord

This is an incredibly well done game with great writing and art. The different branches and outcomes the character can take give it a lot of replayability with multiple unique paths and stories. I've enjoyed the entire game so far, and hopefully it will continue to improve in the future!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

JohnVans

The reason why, I have such a high rating because:

A) Very easy to get into (Story line are not that cringe and very easy to follow.)

B) Very good art. (Pair with very hot description of sex :). )

D) Decent enough content that will allow you to play for a couple of hours. (Version 2.61 (Sniffy) It take me 1 or 2 hours to complete one path, there a lot of path to choose from. )
  9. 5.00 star(s)

JustAyt

I remember when i meet creator's thread at 8ch. Hard to believe i see this game again. It is very impressive when the last time i see it.

Right now it's the most professional-looking one and the most ambitious of all. A trove of content is already available for this cool text adventure where you occasionaly get to do creature and getting rape by something - or is the other way around? This may very well become the first hit of the genre. Not only that!

Kobold Pussy!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

OsklivyT

this game is good (if you like to read adventure,fantasia,D&D{dungeons and dragons}and similar genres.
    I like this game, because not often i come a cross some game where you don't play as the HERO but instead you play as some one who this game doesn't need or deserves.
    in this game you play as kobold which means that you are the lowest of lowermost even beggars life have bigger value than yours.
    In conclusion i hope the developers finish it and they put in open world and at least difrend colors for your character.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

flutteryyh

Awesome work! The writing and artwork are wonderful! I wasn't quite into furry but this game raised my interest. I'm looking forward to its next update eagerly. (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧ φ(゜▽゜*)♪ (*^▽^*)
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Red-Cat

This has a really interesting story so far. Not a huge amount of content yet but the quality of what is there is good and diverse. I hope this game gets finished, I just found a cool (I assume cursed) sword that looks like an interesting line of story. Even though there's little content in that direction, it's so far my favorite part.
    Came for the sexual content, stayed for the captivating story.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Tavarokk

Top notch writing combined with a pretty slick gameplay design - despite the CYOA format and a fairly simple mechanics, the game feels quite interactive and non-restrictive on player. Looking forward to more content, especially filling currently empty branches in earlier events.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

TobesLerone

The writing is the meat of the game, and I have to say that it makes for some fine dining.
    The game is very much unfinished, but don't let that deter you if you're considering checking it out.
    The finished content is of excellent quality, and I spent my entire evening playing and still haven't seen everything yet.
    Artwork is a matter of taste, but I like it and wouldn't mind seeing more of it.
    Audio can be muted easily enough, but it's unobtrusive while it's enabled.
    The UI is serviceable and I didn't encounter any bugs while playing.

TL;DR: Decent amount of high quality content. Absolutely worth playing.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Machiina

I have played this since months ago. I would say the story presentation its pretty darn good. There's not a lot of graphic art available currently, but having a defined and congruent design for it makes it a plus.

The game does have the problem of having slow-ish updates but quality is good enough to compensate for it.