Unity - Completed - KoboldKare [2024-03-26] [Naelstrof]

1. 4.00 star(s)

LeFisheAuChocolat

very interesting game, 4.3/5.

the modding (which allows for crazy things like a god damned fuckable bowlling pin) is something i really like, as you can add anything you want as long as the game supports it and your skills allows it to happen

i would have liked if it had a bit more new content before naelstrof decided to focus more on his cock vore game but oh well.

i do think the characters are kind of soulless (they dont really have any reaction and just stand in the same spot staring at nothing) and i also think it would be nice to see them have some basic AI someday.

although its good, it could be better.
    maybe someday when modding gets expanded further we might see some new game modes as well.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

MakaDaka

I've played long drawn out games that amount to nothing, not this game. You basically get the sexual stuff off rip. The game is beautiful and the closest thing to this game graphically in the sex game scene is Heat. Now are there things that this game could improve on. Of course, however it's easier to perceive flaws in the realm of desire.

This game may have had a rough start when initially releasing that's why it has a 3 star rating but this game is easily a 4.5. With great potential and should be a definite minimum for games on here farming for a quick 5 star potentially good game that never gets updated.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

lainalugia

I have about 6-8 hours of playtime. some of the issues brought up in these reviews are solved by buying items from shops, and some of them are not. In particular though,I find myself fighting with the UX for a lot of the time. for example: during inflation scenes, you need to manually push the plunger with an object or your body, this is not explained when you're able to buy it, and it is also terrible if you want to watch your own character be inflated. (a pushabule button or a pump in reach would easily fix this, and provide a much more fun viewing experience.) in addition, the quest to make kobolds drink milkshakes is made bad due to A: how much of a slog and relative jump in difficulty it is and B: how little direction you have, and C: the liquid system. for some reason liquids arent exactly the best in this game, it's a cool idea to have them quantifiable on the scanner, but when making milkshakes having ice be more liquid then a milkshake and having it start to over-write the product is just bad for users. another example of fighting with the UX is dildos. not only can they clip through some floors in the cabin, but they are also stupidly hard to lock in place the way you want them to, even if you're okay at the controls.

You might be thinking "why is this review so high then?" well, its quite simple, despite it's flaws, the idea and the potential for this game is actually stellar. It's really fun as long as you do what you want and find ways to play in a way that is not frustrating. which means there IS a good game here, it's just a little buried under the weight of the bad UX. (user interface experience.)

Edit: i see a lot of the other reviews have played 30 minutes and left, or have not used the wiki. there is faster travel methods, and there is larger watering stuff. you do need to unlock it and this is never explained to you.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Teanakitten

The moment you load in, you're in a house with no idea what the HUD mean/does. The amount of walking between farm and city and cave is really annoying without running. The story quests gets to the point where you have to use the grinder, but what the game doesn't tell you is that you need a certain amount of energy to do anything, and there's no "insufficient energy" popup for that. I also ran into the problem of trying to load multiple things into the grinder, but the physics makes it extremely hard to load anything more than 2 things into the small opening for the grinder. The farming experience is abyssmal, you have to run to and from the river bank on the left most side of the house every time. where's the sprinklers, in a farming game!? The bucket only holds about 5 left clicks, before you need to go back to the river. By this point, it was 30 minutes and the insurmountable, annoying, unexplained problems was atrocious.

EDIT: Looking at these older reviews, How does this games' mechanics remain unexplained after 3 years of updates? Why does a Wiki and user guides suddenly make everything okay?
  5. 1.00 star(s)

akeno111

From 3 hours of playing [Version 2023-10-03]

Pros:
    • No FPS drops
    • No crashes
    • Sandbox
    • Farm Simulator
    • Breeding Mechanic
      • Make your perfect Kobold........or try to
    • Noclip Camera
    • Busty Thick Dragons

Cons:
    • Tutorial is abysmal, confusing, no sense of direction
    • No Automation
    • No Running
    • No Flying
    • No Fast Travel
    • No description on any items OR machines
      • No How-to-get on any item
      • No How-to use machines
    • No stat page for Kobolds
      • Can not see Kobolds' energy
      • Can not see Sexual characteristics of Kobolds'
    • No Completionist List
      • How does player know if all sex positions/scenes have been seen
    • No button for Recipe List
    • HUD is confusing when there's no description of what is what
    • A lot of model clipping issues with thick, busty female dragons during sex scenes
      • Kobold Model does not properly align with "Using Grinder" Animation
      • General Misalignment between Female and Male in ALL sex scenes
    • Grabbing anything is clunky + very precise aiming
      • Moving multiple things at once is infuriating + time consuming
    • 3 out of 4 Sex Cameras are unusable + clunky + janky
    • Quests become confusing after the cave quest
    • Positioning to place Kobold on machines is very precise
    • TAB (Inventory) is useless in single-player
      • Can only hold 1 item
    • Have to continuously, manually walk with bucket to river to obtain water
    • Grinder (Machine used for Cooking/Alchemy) can not fit more than 2 ingredients
      • Hearts can become gigantic overtime and can not easily fit
    Upon reading the very first review by KL-001-A, 2023 Version is no different; still is a bare bones side-project from a lone developer.
    1-star after 3 years of no general game improvements other than mod support (mod support should not be priority when game is this early in development)
    Definitely still try the game, but set your expectations very low
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Spontaneous combustion

The game that was worth 2 stars, after massive improvements is now a very good sandbox full of possibilities. Yes, it lacks some optional features and has a bunch of questionable gameplay decisions, yet it's solid 4 stars.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Actual_Funky_Kong

This has a lot of potential but has shown so little growth. Someone else called it a cumflatey gmod and I think that's the perfect way to describe it. Gmod on its own is empty, janky and kind of confusing. When you add onto its frame you can have a lot of fun, but we're still at a point where all you get is the frame, even if you download mods for it. What do you do in the game? Breed kobolds. What can you do with those kobolds? Breed kobolds. Why are you breeding kobolds? To Breed kobolds. The game needs to pick a direction and make the kobolds either useful in some way or to make it easier to take full advantage of their (frankly impressive) sex physics system. Until then this will continue to feel like an extended tech demo.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

stubbly_pubes

janky, both in fun and frustrating ways.

on one hand, the physics and ragdolls are hilarious and boost replay value, plus the kobolds' ridiculous proportions are also good for a laugh. this kind of humor doesn't mesh well with sex, though, so this game unfortunately falls into the category of "hard to whack it to" for me.

on the other, the minimal UI leads to some annoying moments where you just don't have the information you need to proceed. shop items aren't labeled, so buying something that doesn't have an obvious purpose can be a crapshoot. quests, too, don't always tell you exactly what you need to do to proceed -- which would be fine if the game gave you information to infer from in tooltips or menus or whatever -- leading to confusion that really isn't necessary. add to that the fact that you can only carry one item at a time AND there're no automation features, and the game can go from silly fun to tedious and obtuse quickly.

you might get some extra mileage out of this if you're into hyper or inflation. otherwise, eh.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

DGD Rus

Perfect game with coop!)
    Nice 3d and sex animation, you can play with random people, building your own ranch, experiment with race of your kobolds, do funny quests and have fun. Game have a big potential, author adds tonns of features.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

TheOtherDragonborn

A good idea suffering from serious design flaws that make it more frustrating than fun to play. The framework is there, but it needs a lot of care and refinement before its worth more than half an hour of your time.

General interaction is grabbing things (left click) and use them (right click while holding). You have no inventory, so everything you use has to be carried from one place to another. Everything (including sex) is done by putting things in stations, using items, or just mashing them together until stuff works. This means that this farming game is nearly impossible to automate, as you need to be interacting with just about everything to make it work. This makes it feel less like building a farm and more like continuous unending busywork.

The objective system is absolute trash at the moment. The objectives are extremely unclear and often misleading, leaving you to wander aimlessly until you find what the dev could have communicated with a few words. For example, the first time the game asks you to breed kobolds, the objective effectively says 'store bought eggs are bad, find and breed kobolds in the barn'. Problem is you need eggs to get a kobold to breed, and the game not only doesn't tell you where to find those, it asks you to find them (implying that there are non-storebought kobolds somewhere to be found). Problem is, they can only be bought.

The procedural sex and trait system look fine (very similar but less quality to breeders of the nephelym) but it needs a lot of tinkering yet to stop it from looking comically silly.

Final personal gripe, the sliders on a lot of the traits need a bigger range. Even setting the ball size slider to minimum still gives you monster truck nuts.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

ItsJustKaii

➷ KoboldKare's a good game to play around, it's sandbox isn't very big but can be very interactive. Gameplay wise, game's fun if you're playing it's multiplayer part, singleplayer can reduce it's replayablity.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Chaiba

Can't wait to see more. Game is a bit clucky at the moment but i kinda like it. Hope the animations get some more attention in the next update since they sometimes fail or are misplaced.

So far the game runs very well and i hope more updates will follow. I think there is a lot of potential.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Rinter

Some good potential here. It'd say it could become a 5 star game but it's losing a couple right now due to its current buggy and unpolished state. Like, there's a sex system, for example, but be prepared to be horribly confused trying to figure out how to work it exactly. To say it's janky would be putting it lightly.

Still, it has some good tech behind it - procedural animations, fluid dynamics, stretchy holes, possibly some form of sex control - as opposed to the baked animations you just watch like in other games. Hopefully the dev can polish it up eventually.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Fidzius

[v440]

The Quest system fails to inform that there's a money requirement, so you carry some cash for Quest requested upgrades, unless you like walking.
    First person view is bugged- neck sliced off.
    Selecting things and carrying things is awfully inconvenient, have some tail bag or back-bag for a few items at least.
    Lots of walking, areas are massive and empty, some have launchers, some don't.

Breeding spots hardly function: poses bend and contort making some animations wack, some have wrong positions- through the wall prompt and hovering mid-air, grabbing the right Kobold is difficult.

Currently heavily inconvenient, making it slow, but the progress is there.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Amego

As of this writing the game is in a state of transition where a lot of assets are being removed and reworked so it's a bit rougher than usual, but there's a lot of potential. If the alchemy and physics systems are expanded on and the overall flow smoothed out this could be one of the top 3D lewd games on steam that actually is fun to play and mess around with.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

cptJudgeFudge

So this game is really cute and hits a certain audience that has been reactively ignored. that being the breeder audience.

Pros:
    Style/art:4/5 Its very nice looking and makes the creatures look cute
    Map: 4/5 the game is huge and the maker is very ambitious in the direction.
    Toys: 4/5 so the game has a bunch of ingame stuff that is used to interact and play with the kobolds making for interesting effects on them.

Cons:
    Controls: 2/5 the game some how makes you unable to sprint but at the same time feel you are moving to fast causing you to crash into the kobolds.
    Physics: 2/5 the jiggle bone is way more jiggle then bone. its like all the creatures are made of jello.
    Sex: 3/5 so its ok but it really needs more to be added as only having (Sex) stations is really limiting and also makes for weird interactions as some kobolds looks like they are having a exorcism instead of sex.

over all the game has a good idea and is having work on it fairly regularly.
    I look forward to where they take it but until then its kinda weird.

Sidenote: there is no save option currently as i assumed it was removed to test further stuff. There is also a object cap i assume thats the term as i forgot the game was on for a hour and came back to all my Kobolds filling my house with Eggs and hearts and after i picked up the kobolds they turned into like a cardboard cut out. was kinda funny
  17. 2.00 star(s)

KL-001-A

A toy.
    Definitely just a toy for now, it's like playing around in a cumflate-y Gmod.
    You grow kobolds from eggs; when they're adults, you can slap them together like a couple ragdolls to make them have "sex" and harvest them for their... generic heart item (or now eggs, too) that you can sell so you can afford more eggs or more flasks to fill with various potions you can make to TF the kobolds bustier or taller or whatever.
    That's basically all you do so far, sexing kobolds with each other, grinding stuff into liquid, mixing odd TF potions, buying a couple basic upgrades, and Quake bunnyhopping around the map.

TBH, I can't decide between giving this a 3-star rating for being a simple sandbox toy, or a 4-star rating for having a lot of promise and being fairly enjoyable as-is.
    I'll give it a 3-star rating for now, with the promise that I'll update my review when the game gets some more content.

TL;DR: I definitely recommend playing with it, but it's definitely 100% a toy for now, not for any serious, lengthy playtimes.

EDIT: development is going pretty smoothly. It's still solidly a TOY, but among the newest updates, there's the ability to make ice cream, used for making kobolds gain bellies/weight permanently.

EDIT2: after a couple years of dodgy updates that make the game less fun (I'm still a bit salty about them replacing the old bunnyhopping with the "real" kind), I really can't recommend this game outside of just downloading it to fool around with it for a bit once. I think what would save the game is if the open source aspect of it was utilized and the game got a modding community, but most of the time I feel like the game's time has passed, it's just not pulling the numbers it used to, and everyone that talks about the game just reminisces about how it used to be more fun. I'm dropping the score to two stars, I'm just not enjoying the game at all anymore.