Unity Completed KoboldKare [2024-03-26] [Naelstrof]

3.30 star(s) 17 Votes

ello

Oct 22, 2017

The new features in this build is primarily optimization and bug fixes. If you couldn't run the game before, try again!
Here's the changelog for the game:
  • Added saving and loading. (hit escape)
  • Tons of optimization from reducing tick-rate, optimizing allocations, switching from deferred to forward, to adding a jiggle budget.
  • Added a new stand-in for milkers instead of a bunch of unity cubes.
  • Added a deathbarrier below the map.
  • Adjusted some money formulas so that milking is more worth it.(The tupperware gives a 1.5x fluid sale bonus, while kobolds only give a 0.3x sale bonus for fluids)
  • Grinder now outputs it's entire contents within around 20 seconds.
  • Fixed player physics from being fps dependent.
  • Fixed kobold models deformation on large breasts from having a vertex sticking out the back.
  • Probably some other things I forgot about.
Current Patron Build is KoboldKareBuild8.zip and can be downloaded from these various places:

Magnet link: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:a35decd969522435de899d9dc76a37031755176a&dn=KoboldKareBuild8.zip

Mirror1:
thank you i'll pass the build to the up-loader!

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Pretty nice, when considering the file size.

But it's very hard to get anywhere. You need $50 to open the grinder, but you can't make $50 with your three startup kobolds, because they die from starvation after day 3. Even by putting them into the kitchen, you don't make money off them because you can't milk them.

Put them in the pit, you make $9. But $9*3 does not equal $50.

There is, as far as I can see, NO way to make money.

EDIT: I now bought and sold enough to open the grinder. This gives another issue.

It's also not obvious how you actually feed the kobolds. They don't eat grinded watermelon themselves, at least.

Last edited:

ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

Jan 22, 2018
It's also not obvious how you actually feed the kobolds. They don't eat grinded watermelon themselves, at least.
In build 5 I just put watering can under the grinder and spray them with watermelon juice to grow their boobs. Don't know if that's still how it works.

Oh and the game is great, even thought there is little to do for now.

KuroShimura

Oct 17, 2017
In build 5 I just put watering can under the grinder and spray them with watermelon juice to grow their boobs. Don't know if that's still how it works.

Oh and the game is great, even thought there is little to do for now.
I just jam a kobold under the grinder and throw in my stockpile of 20 watermelons and repeat as desired.

cakeplz15

Sep 13, 2017
Okay interesting concept but 2 main things are a problem for me:
1. This game has no excuse running so bad...
2. The grab upgrade is cool... until you have to use the milk machine and it keeps attaching everything and anything...

ello

Oct 22, 2017
Okay interesting concept but 2 main things are a problem for me:
1. This game has no excuse running so bad...
2. The grab upgrade is cool... until you have to use the milk machine and it keeps attaching everything and anything...
1. are you using the low setting when starting the program? if so sorry that I cant help. :(
2. the dev is implementing a highlighting system and other changes to fix the issues with multi-grab

Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

inkysquid

Dec 18, 2017
It should be renamed "Watermelon Courier" since carrying watermelons back and forth from the forest is 99% of this game. I luckily found an exploit to get around it but until then it was NOT fun gameplay. Also the creator should make some damn tooltips for the items, like the jar, or describe what improved grab does, or even just tell us how to feed kobolds. I figured it all out myself but it was irritating. I didnt know the grinder was a grinder, I thought at first I had to spend $50 to clear debris from the field and was like "theres no debris, why would I spend money for that". Even simple labels would be an improvement. I'm sure its less effort to add text than it was to make the forest 10x as far away as it needed to be.

Also, why do I sometimes randomly explode if I'm outside at midnight? Why do my kobolds randomly disappear sometimes when I sleep/die? I've experimented with feeding them, not feeding them, giving them water, bringing them inside. Still seems pretty random. If it IS because of feeding/watering, there should be a way to check whether a kobold has enough of either. I think part of the problem is the save system is so wonky it kept resetting my progress with whether they were hungry. And even if I fed and watered one of them a lot they would ALL disappear. Either way, if a kobold "dies" you should give a message as to why it happened instead of have them just vanish with no explanation.

I like the milking mechanic, but it shouldnt be so difficult to turn a milk jar upright and line it up with the spigot, it should just snap in and align itself automatically.

Also, WHY have multigrab at all? What's wrong with a basic inventory instead? That way you only grab one thing at a time anyways

Last edited:

ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

Jan 22, 2018
It should be renamed "Watermelon Courier" since carrying watermelons back and forth from the forest is 99% of this game. I luckily found an exploit to get around it but until then it was NOT fun gameplay. Also the creator should make some damn tooltips for the items, like the jar, or describe what improved grab does, or even just tell us how to feed kobolds. I figured it all out myself but it was irritating. I didnt know the grinder was a grinder, I thought at first I had to spend $50 to clear debris from the field and was like "theres no debris, why would I spend money for that". Even simple labels would be an improvement. I'm sure its less effort to add text than it was to make the forest 10x as far away as it needed to be.

Also, why do I sometimes randomly explode if I'm outside at midnight? Why do my kobolds randomly disappear sometimes when I sleep/die? I've experimented with feeding them, not feeding them, giving them water, bringing them inside. Still seems pretty random. If it IS because of feeding/watering, there should be a way to check whether a kobold has enough of either. I think part of the problem is the save system is so wonky it kept resetting my progress with whether they were hungry. And even if I fed and watered one of them a lot they would ALL disappear. Either way, if a kobold "dies" you should give a message as to why it happened instead of have them just vanish with no explanation.

I like the milking mechanic, but it shouldnt be so difficult to turn a milk jar upright and line it up with the spigot, it should just snap in and align itself automatically.

Also, WHY have multigrab at all? What's wrong with a basic inventory instead? That way you only grab one thing at a time anyways
I dunno man, it's all pretty intuitive, I figured what does what in like first 4-5 minutes of gameplay.
I think there is a time limit of how long can you stay up before you die, so you need to take breaks between grinding kobolds/watermelons.
Also, as far as I'm aware kobolds dissapear every night unless you keep them in the kitchen. That was a little irritating until I found out that you can keep them.
The only bad thing in this game as for now is multigrab imo. It's honestly only good for collecting watermelons but it's a fucking nightmare to try and manipulate several different items that are close to each other.

Reactions: passiveDragon

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
I dunno man, it's all pretty intuitive, I figured what does what in like first 4-5 minutes of gameplay.
I think there is a time limit of how long can you stay up before you die, so you need to take breaks between grinding kobolds/watermelons.
He was not talking about whether or not it was intuitive.
But about the fact that the grinding takes WAY TOO MUCH of the playtime, especially with so few things to actually do in the game at this point.

It takes between 3 and 6minutes to transport FIVE watermelons, if you're lucky and the majority are in the closest area of the stream section of the map. It can take up to 10-12 minutes (I timed it!)

Let us (for testing purposes) spawn them with a button, or better yet, grow them ourselves!

Reactions: DragonkingKyo

KuroShimura

Oct 17, 2017
He was not talking about whether or not it was intuitive.
But about the fact that the grinding takes WAY TOO MUCH of the playtime, especially with so few things to actually do in the game at this point.

It takes between 3 and 6minutes to transport FIVE watermelons, if you're lucky and the majority are in the closest area of the stream section of the map. It can take up to 10-12 minutes (I timed it!)

Let us (for testing purposes) spawn them with a button, or better yet, grow them ourselves!
You do chuck all the watermelons into the river right? If you toss them to the downward stream they'll roll down hill into that ravine at the bottom to make transportation of them quicker. Also, don't forget to hold down space bar for bunny hopping quick movement.

Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ
3.30 star(s) 17 Votes