• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Others - Completed - Koibito Swapping [Final] [Atelier Sakura]

1. 4.00 star(s)

SisconM

First of all I would like to mention, despite my 4 star rating, the MTL kinda pushes it to 3.5. Another thing is that I am a corruption enthusiast, and coming from that point of view, the corruption is bland "results" only corruption.

Short TLDR review
    One of the main selling points is that all four involved characters are consenting , willing and happy, even in the "NTR" route. There is no mindbreak "I stole your girl" moment, no pp vs PP, the couple stays together and loving forever. All four of them have nice chemistry with each other, even the swapped couples. Game is mostly straightforward, like if they bring out extra non-H aspects they don't dwell on it for too long. But sometimes things can be too straight forward, as a lot of bonding is done offscreen, so the progression of the swapping/ntr is rather quick, like going through bullet points and the translation doesn't help with it.

Detailed Review

Translation
    You get the gist of what's going on, but details are lost. I managed to fill in certain oddities by listening to the voice acting, like there's a scene where Rina goes something on the lines of "Do it as you like" but the translation goes "Just love it" like some authoritarian fast food slogan.

Content
    Common Route

Series starts off with a common route showing how the couples got into swapping with each other and how close all of the cast are to each other. This is one of the standout points of the series as there's no pushing or goading, all of them consent and are willing, one of them even says "we stop if even one of us is uncomfortable" every time they start. They even go into showing why the main couple finds it exciting, and how they have sex differently.
    After a few times you will be met with the only choice near the end of the game:
    Something happens and the MC cannot hangout with the gang as often, however the rest of them still gathered. Suspecting they did some sexy times without him, he choses to

Talk about it (continue respectfully swapping)
    Or
    Stay silent (become a cuck)

Swapping Route

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    After a short talk with the others about the fine line between swapping and cheating if one member is not present, the cast agrees to draw the line and the end credits roll. After the end credits its an epilogue of them going on a double date and swapping in a hotel.

A little disappointing at how short it is compared to the cuck route, when arguably this route is executed better, not hating on the cucks but the corruption progression there feels rushed.

Cuck Route
    The MC basically lets his GF hangout with the other couple and they just continue "swinging" without him. At some point the MC finds a video and goes into the typical "heart hurts but why cock hard?" moments. He continues to predictably not have the balls to speak up even when the other girl(not his girlfriend) is asking him if anything's wrong. At some point he finally gets the balls and rushes to the house they hangout at, only to see them going too far with the "swapping". MC realised being cucked gets him off and finally talks about it, and they all happily agree with it and the MC gets reports about what happened with them, and ends with the MC being present to watch it happen while the other girl jacks him off. The couples are still in love with each other, no typical NTR nonsense, its one of those rare consenting cuck stories.

Sexual Content
    I will preface this with the fact that I do not have a cuck fetish, as such I might have some biases toward my main fetish (corruption).

Although the initial progress between how they ramp up their sex is alright, like learning from each other and stuff. The first few times they "ramp up" the spice had some minor reasonings, but later on it just happens.

If you bother to listen and fliter through the tons of "ah ah ahs" the girls occasionally do some things mid H scene like compliment each other or learn from each other. Sometimes the girls say something in voice but the translation just goes "a ah ah a o" if you really want to catch the small details, nothing major.

I felt like the corruption is rushed for the most part, all about the destination and not the journey, but then its because the game never swaps PoV away from the MC.

I will put my detailed review of most of the scenes in a spoiler tag in case the surprise is important to some of you.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

Koibito Swapping is a VN about a group of four friends and their experience swapping partners.

There's a wholesome swap path and a straight NTR path I didn't play. The game has Japanese voice acting for the girls and a decent number of CGs and events.

Honestly, it'd be a five star VN if it weren't for the MTL. While I managed to understand the overall story, any given line is going to be mostly incomprehensible. It'd be fun to read this one again with a decent translation.

Nevertheless, I guess I'd recommend this one to people who are fans of partner swapping. Those kind of stories are relatively rare on this site, so this offering is good enough.