Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Koikatsu

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

dankmemebase

Mar 18, 2019
CharaStudio-2023-06-22-14-07-19-Render.png
X_instagram_2.png X_instagram_2.png

Wondering what you guys would prefer to see in our upcoming AVN? Both are not in any way associated to the upcoming project, or reflect it. These are WIP pieces. Thoughts?

Abibliboop

Oct 21, 2018
Depends on your kinks and story plans. 2D gives a lot more freedom to what poses and actions you can convey as its limited only by artist's talent and imagination.

If you going relatively basic with poses and interactions, I'd use Koikatsu as it'll probably be faster than 2D.

Jun 10, 2023
I don't know what koikatsu means, but between those two images the top one is pretty nice and the girl is cute. I don't like the other one.

dankmemebase

Mar 18, 2019
Depends on your kinks and story plans. 2D gives a lot more freedom to what poses and actions you can convey as its limited only by artist's talent and imagination.

If you going relatively basic with poses and interactions, I'd use Koikatsu as it'll probably be faster than 2D.
Yeah, that's just it. With these clashing styles it's going to be radically different, so having an idea of what y'all would prefer would definitely streamline this for us.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Koikatsu is for talentless devs only, if you can do 2D, 2D is always the right choice.

Abibliboop

Oct 21, 2018
Yeah, that's just it. With these clashing styles it's going to be radically different, so having an idea of what y'all would prefer would definitely streamline this for us.
If you have 2 separate stories lined up for the different styles then I'd say start with whichever you are more interested in telling. If its same story and just different levels of interaction based on art style, I'd stick with 2D. I tend to personally like more extreme things so 2D generally gets my vote as bondage and other interactions don't usually look remotely good unless your artist is extremely skilled (illusion, daz, pretty much any 3DCGI just doesn't do that stuff well without LOTS of effort).

Keep in mind people tend to also have different tastes for 2D art styles and can be much harsher towards criticism even if story is really good. So if you go 2D, expect there to be an uptick in negativity towards art styles until you get a well developed art style. Also, make sure 2D artist is able to stick around entire project (changing art styles mid game can kill it).