KTD : Kinky Tower Defense [In Development] [DEMO 0.1 AVAILABLE]

1. 4.00 star(s)

CharacterDump

Review of first demo
    So I think that overall, as a first demo, this is pretty great. I used to play a lot of tower defense games as a kid, so I do quite like them, so I am a little partial to the idea of this one.

To start things off, I like the art and UI: The art is good looking and attractive to me, and I like the style it's drawn in. Since it's relevant to the art, I like how upgrading undresses cat girl in this demo. For the UI, it's clean and easy to follow, but there is some things that could be added to it while in levels. An example would be the addition of an 'x' to close and a button on it to speed up/down instead of a key.

Moving on to gameplay, I think generally it's pretty good. It's your standard tower defense game, nothing to really say. The balance is off, like you said in the notes, but I'm not good at analyzing that so I have no clue how. The one gripe I have about the core gameplay is that turrets increase with price, which I'm personally not a big fan of. A couple other little kinks with it are that you have to press space to move the camera and stuff, which I think is unnecessary, and that you can't see the range of a tower before placing it.

I think I found a few bugs with the game, but I'm not entirely sure. The camera can move forever in a level, and the kill enemies mission can be done infinite times.

A few suggestions:
    -Maybe special h-animations or pic when you kill a boss in the game (assuming those are going to be a feature)
    -Obvious, but some nice satisfying sound effects and music
    -Keep at it, this is promising

Good game so far, keep at it