• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Flash - Completed - Kung-Fu Girl [v2.61] [Koooon Soft]

1. 5.00 star(s)

HGamingKen

This is by far, the best KooooNSoft's game I've played. This one clearly shows how KooooNSoft manage to balance out fun and difficulty while simultaneously adding amazing new elements to the game after their experiences with previous entries to the series.

-Theme: I want to group my thoughts on art and sounds in the same category because it all plays into one thing this game has over other game from the same series: The theme of the game.

The game's name is Kung-Fu Girl, meaning that unlike the other games, KooooNSoft have to create mega-consistency towards art and sounds. Shinobi Girl for example have all kind of different creatures and enemies in there. Giant orc, tentacles, what? A scientist who can create nano traps and a fallen angel type of girl? Same with Witch Girl, the enemy choices is still somewhat inconsistent, though it follows a fantasy style so there are a lot of enemy type you can choose from (because apparently medieval fantasy can have basically anything that's not hi-tech and not be weird). Kung-Fu Girl on the other hand have to solely rely on pure China aesthetic. The theme chosen is very grounded and you can almost never get off-track with the enemy choice without it looking very weird. All of the usual (and new) enemies are (re)designed to look very Chinese, so it's super cool to see consistency.

Talking about art, it looks fantastic. The environment looks much more vibrant and nice, the artstyle goes for a China style like I said. Animations for a lot of the things I think is a lot more polished (still with a lot of Flash's limitations).

SFX in general is fine. But what I want to talk about the most is the soundtrack. This one is the most obvious at being thematically consistent. Other games with soundtrack in KooooNSoft's catalog are Witch Girl and Warrior Girl (as of right now), both of which follows a pretty broad theme. Kung-Fu Girl's soundtrack on the other hand feels extremely unique, as it follows a pure Kung-Fu style of music. Each track is awesome, and create enough vibes at around the start and tense/drama at the bosses. In my opinion, this is peak KooooNSoft music AND H-game's music in general.

- Gameplay: The gameplay is much more polished and well-thought out here.

-Movement and attacks: Kung-Fu Girl's gameplay works somewhat like Shinobi Girl. It's ground-based movement and spacing-based attack. Difference is what the arsenal has to offer to you. You have 2 more attacks than Shinobi Girl, jump attack and slide kick. Both of these serves different and new purposes for the game. Jump attack has 2 hits, meaning that it's very optimal to jump kick the enemy as a mean to do damage, you also have full-mobility in the air. It's makes fighting a bit too easy, but I think that's not entirely a big problem. Slide kick is pretty bad for fighting because you'll just slam into the enemy BUT it serves as an amazing way to traverse/dodge the level thanks to its low profile. Both of these tools spices the game up a lot and really made fighting much more fair and balanced in comparison to prior games.

Enemy design and boss design: they are much less annoying than both Shinobi Girl and Witch Girl. Thanks to the new moves you can execute, the enemies don't have to solely rely on being RNG/unfair anymore, and is instead focus on challenging your execution/awareness. As the game progress, each there'll be a lot more hard to counter enemies, and all of them might appear at the same time. The game actively challenges you to evade them appropriately, but luckily it's also very fair. Boss design is also my favourite in the series, only problem is due to how jump kick hits twice, they're a bit too easy compared to both of the final boss in the last 2 games. Other than that, they are perfect. They aren't the running-away-type bosses (Boss 1 and 2 + Boss 1 of Shinobi Girl and Witch Girl respectively) and are instead a 1 vs 1, face to face battle with the occasional enemy summon. This does remove KooooNSoft's unique boss battle in the previous games, but because of the Chinese martial arts theme, I think a 1 vs 1 battle fits a lot.

Difficulty: I mentioned difficulty a little bit, but yeah, this one is much easier than the previous 2 games. It did remove the unfairness that both of them had, but it also removes a bit too much of the difficulty both games were known for. I'd much prefer if the game didn't nerf itself this heavily, but I don't think this ruins it or anything.

-H-content: pretty dope as hell. The number of scenes are pretty good, and each one again is not bad. I'm still not a big fan with the more kinky stuff, but that's just my personal taste so I'm not taking away any points for those. There's also the standard pleasure bar and mashing escape, a staple in KooooNSoft's games. I still love the pleasure bar in these games, as it always add a layer of risk and reward. Full bar when being fucked = lots of damage but full bar when masturbating = heal and a bomb for screen clear. It makes the game much more fun imo.

Misc: The plot is still fairly simple, but I think the high stake it has makes the game very interesting. You're saving the world, damn it, how's that not fun. One of this game's uniqueness is color palette swapping. This feature is much more fun to mess around than I expected. I sunk in a decent amount of time making some custom colors for her and it's neat. Also, voice acting. Yeah ever thought of that in a KooooNSoft's game? Well, Warrior Girl also had a decent amount of voicelines, and both game uses them for the bosses, but I think Kung-Fu Girl's voicelines really elevated them much more than Warrior Girl did. It adds a lot of character to the bosses and makes me feel like this is the closest we'll get to a KooooNSoft fighting game.

-Conclusion: Kung-Fu Girl is wonderful. It may lack the balance between fun and difficulty I desired but everything else, from the mechanics to the presentation, I adore it. I totally recommend this game. 9.75/10.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

IlliquidFabricator

Top notch animations. Even the uglier enemies who I usually dislike because of the weird no-border tentacles looked good in this game. Much better than the previous entries. Everything you would expect from a koonsoft sidescroller and then some. great game
  3. 4.00 star(s)

DSiGuy9

The next game in koooonsoft's collection of [Title] Girl games is here and.... I don't hate it? The customization options are a really neat addition on the offchance you want the titular Kung-Fu Girl (slight emphasis on the "tit") to either have a different hair color or have alien skin. Haven't messed with it personally since I like her original look, but there are fans of this so I won't bash the idea. Gameplay-wise it feels like Shinobi Girl 2.0, except now she has a jump kick that's good for multiple hits or positioning, or a slide kick that is.... more likely to get you grabbed than do anything of use.
    As for the scenes... they feel the most hit-or-miss they've ever been to me, which is strange for a koooonsoft game. On one hand, I do like some of the new humanoid enemies, and we get a forced oral scene which is rare. But I found that a lot of enemies have a... as best as I can describe it; "greasy" look to it and it makes the scenes not as enjoyable as they were previously, which is a bit of a shame, since I do think koooonsoft's does monster rape really well. Could be just me, but I didn't enjoy this as much as previous works.

Overall, not bad (then again, it IS a koooonsoft game), even if I didn't enjoy this as much.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

JoeTermin

Oh god Koonsoft never disappoints.

I will write more details when the game is complete but I can already tell it will become a must-have !

Pros:
    - Sexy scenes
    - Sexy heroine (you can change her appearance btw)
    - Simple and effective gameplay
    - Well-thought settings
    - Gallery

Cons:
    - Not complete yet
    (that's all !)